• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IE 7 Public Beta 2 is now released

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
This is not a debate about IE v. Firefox or any other browser. Do not post trolls like "Firefox is better!" or "IE sucks!". This is a discussion about the newest IE build

Neowin said:
Microsoft is planning to release, to the public, a preview version of Internet Explorer 7.

Dubbed "Public Preview" the release includes tabbed browsing, page zoom, tab groups, RSS support and improved printing support. The release is expected to be available by this evening (GMT).

Amongst the many new features, tabbed browsing will allow customers to manage multiple web pages within one session of a browser. Firefox, an open source rival, has long intergrated this functionality by default but now Microsoft is catching up this may lure many users back to the Microsoft browser. RSS is a heavy new feature of IE7 allowing users to "syndicate" feeds from various sites.
Microsoft is expected to deliver the final version of Internet Explorer 7 at the end of the year alongside Windows Vista.

Internet Explorer 7 Public Preview will be available shortly to users with Windows XP SP2 and a genuine copy of Windows.
Update: Microsoft have now released Beta 2 as build 5296, download below.

Discuss about the newly release build

Edit: IE 7 Beta 2 Public Preview can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

Last edited:
God bless the tabs. Otherwise, I have no comment on its functionality.

EDIT: Well, one thing. I prefer the RSS with Safari, Opera, and Firefox... I just don't like the RSS with IE7.

Last edited:

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Oh yeah, I've had the cracked version on my computer for awhile now. XP (about a month, ha)

Anyway, it's alright, I guess. The functionality is nearly the same, to me, anyway.

Here's a screenshot:

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs66&d=06053&f=IE7.PNG

Fiery Blaziken

I've just d/led it. It's pretty much the same to me except for the tabs and the graphics, which I don't really care about that much. And I have no idea how to use the RSS feature @_@.
Edit: For some reason, images are loading slower for me.

Fiery Blaziken said:
I've just d/led it. It's pretty much the same to me except for the tabs and the graphics, which I don't really care about that much. And I have no idea how to use the RSS feature @_@.
Edit: For some reason, images are loading slower for me.

For some websites, you can subscribe to RSS feeds. It should show an icon somewhere, then you would click it. ;/

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is RSS?

This could actually be the next mainstream browser... well, the returning mainstream browser... depending on how much they improve from the previous versions.

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
Quicktabs can be useful, right? It gives you a visual so you don't have to switch tabs...

http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quicktabs5bn.jpg

The X buttons are on the tabs, just like Opera does, but oddly not Firefox.

IE 7 also has a Phishing filter that FIREFOX regretfully missing. Opera also have anti-phishing security as well..

IE 7 also has a RSS reader inside the browsing window. You can also get RSS updates as well and subscribe to it, which Firefox still lacks, but they stole their RSS icon... ;)

http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rss0zc.png

Last edited:
But why wait if I've had HTML support since April '05? I'm not the type of person to wait for somebody to do something that someone else has already done. :[

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Alyssa Picariello said:
The X buttons are on the tabs, just like Opera does, but oddly not Firefox.
Most likely because Mozilla has different opinions of what belongs and what doesn't. If there's X buttons, it's not hard to accidentally click and close them when switching tabs. With Firefox, it's impossible, because you either have to click the X in the active tab or right click the tab and click Close.

Anyways, I can't install IE7 on my PC. I'm missing part of my OS that probably had to get deleted because my brother caused there to be a virus on it. I should show him Latios's malware FAQ... my computer will never be perfect again.

I hate computer illiterateness... had to get that off my chest, because now I can't use the next possible great browser.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Alyssa Picariello said:
You only can install IE 7 on Windows XP SP2... it's time for a OS upgrade. ;)
I'm using Windows XP Media Center. Everything else I've had that Windows XP can run, I've been able to run, and I haven't been able to run a lot of the things that I couldn't run when I had XP SP2 on my old PC.

Trip

Former Staff Member
Alyssa Picariello said:
IE 7 also has a Phishing filter that FIREFOX regretfully missing. Opera also have anti-phishing security as well.

I really REALLY don't like the idea of Microsoft seeing every URL a person visits. Firefox is wise to stay away from it because I'm sure it'd need huge server capacity, the largely-nerd user base would be upset at the invasion of privacy (even if it could be turned off, etc), and if Firefox says a site is okay and it's not, they're open to legal action.

The best defense against phishing is to know that "earthlink.com/ghtyaa/index.cgi" in your address bar isn't eBay. And don't put your information in just because an e-mail that's nothing but a giant image said so. And if you want to make sure, call up and find out for certain.

- Trip