• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Aaron has Beautifly & Pryce has Piloswine, why can't Ash have Pidgeot?

Is there any hope for Pidgeot to return despite after all this time?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Ash had a Pidgeot! O_O

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-boogie200

We all know that there was a lot of controversy over the idea of Pidgeot being released.

Because so, Pidgeot is sometimes labled as Ash's weakest bird pokemon.

But is that even fair to count it out?

Like Nando and Conway, we don't know what their strengths are because we don't see them often.

If Aaron, an Elite Four Member(who, IMO, wasn't all that impressive) and Pryce, a Gym Leader, can get back Pokemon they haven't seen in ages, what's stopping Ash and Pidgeot.

What gets me is that Ash made a promise to return, and didn't.

It was nice what it was let go for, but right now, we're pretty much aware that every single main character that has been on the show, including Team Rocket, is a good person, or pokemon in Pikachu, Piplup, Meowth's case.

With that said, I love being optimistic, so I still have hope we'll see Pidgeot and Ash again, even if for one battle.

Pidgeot was Ash's first bird pokemon, and his second capture overall. I honestly believe it shouldn't receive the same fate Butterfree did.

I feel the same way about Arbok and Weezing, however some things are better left unsaid.

I must say, when you see Falkner and May's rival Soledad with a Pidgeot and also Drew and Soledad again with a Butterfree, it kinda makes you wonder would the writers pull the same move today.

Please, I don't want this to turn into a flame war. It was rough for me to see Pidgeot never return but I'm dealing with it calmly, lol.

With that said, I won't take it personal if the mods close this.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Pidgeot's release was ridiculous, but its 10 years ago now, its too old.

We should be asking where the hell is Gliscor. Gliscor needs to make its triumphant return when we get to the league.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I really wanted to see Pidgeot in battle, but he's been released for a while now and Ash has never even mentioned him, even when they went back to Kanto those various times (Battle frontier and to stop at Pallet before the next region). Pidgeot will probably never travel with Ash again.

talala

Pidgeot's release was ridiculous, but its 10 years ago now, its too old.

We should be asking where the hell is Gliscor. Gliscor needs to make its triumphant return when we get to the league.

and then the pidgeot and gliscor flamers came and made a mod close the thread...

your posts are what starts the flaming in EVERY thread if you didn't notice...

on topic - theres always hope for things to happen, but that doesn't mean they will :(

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Because the creators of the anime wanted us to keep in check with the episodes. If something boring happened they would lose viewers, if they released pidgeot people would stay in check because they know Ash is bound to recieve new pokemon to make up for it, such as Gliscor with Gible, Pidgeot for Staraptor you could say..

J-boogie200

But the thing is, Pidgeot should be able to hold a candle to Charizard, symbolicly.

It is a classic, and IMO, will always be remembered.

Gliscor getting released sucked, but we don't even know if we can even call it a release until the League is over.

V Faction

www.faction.com
At this point, I'm not interested in Pidgeot. Why have a Pokemon that he's not going to use the majority of time anyway. There's plenty spots like that taken already by more deserving Pokemon.

Let sleeping birds lie.

GalladeX

Volkner got a Pidgeot? Wtf?

I'd rather have Butterfree come back than Pidgeot. Pidgeot's been gone for 10 years. So it's unlikely we'll get either of them. I don't see what's so important about Pidgeot...He was released for a reason and the writers aern't gonna bring back some random bird from 10-11 years ago.

J-boogie200

Sorry, I meant Falkner, don't know why I always get them messed up.

In all honesty, Pidgeot's release may have happened ages ago, but it will never be forgotten.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Unless a writer comes in and tells us the secrets that are going to happen in the next couple of years, we will never know for sure. That being said, I'm not going to hold my breath. Butterfree has more evidence to come back than Pidgeot.

If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't. WORDS TO LIVE BY.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Cybercubed, Im hoping your Gliscor posts are sarcastic now....

As everyones written, its happened, its gone, and unless Ash happens to trek back to Pallet and gets murdered by Spearows, birdy aint coming. I guess the writers will only pull that one out when Pokemon has only one regular viewer ;) so, if you want to see Pidgeot again....stop watching :D.

WolfCyber

COME ON!
Ash's team is always current with whatever generation we're in. His current team is filled with Sinnoh Pokémon, and his 5th gen team will consist with 5th generation Pokémon. Battle Frontier was a stretch and an exception. I honestly do not see Ash regaining Pidgeot, and if he did, it would be a standby Pokémon like his Pokémon at Oak's.

Joe.

Primeape. Just because.

Battle Frontier was amazing BECAUSE he mixed & matched, I'd love to see more of that honestly.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Ash complaints:
Releases all his good Pokemon
COME BACK PIDGEOT (or Lapras or Butterfree)
Never catches legends
Sucks at life
All of these lead to no discussion and are rarely expressed in an intelligent manner. Even in threads where there is discussion about Ash as a long term character (Satoshi Haters thread), a great number of anti-Ash posts fit this spammy nonsense.

The Banned Topics thread is part of a complete breakfast. Now with 60% DV of Vitamin C!

Status
Not open for further replies.