• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Alain did fight another trainer in the tournament do you believe he would have won or gotten close to it?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Do you think he would have beaten if not got close to beating the other competitors?

As in Ash, Iris, Diantha, Lance, Steven or Cynthia?

Or I guess alternatively if Leon didn’t use Charizard as his second Pokémon— got close with him as well?

Last edited:
Iris, Lance, maybe Diantha
And…
Ash
Or Godcario sweeps

Sham

The Guardian of War
Everyone else is just way stronger than him. Even him beating Iris is a big reach after we saw what Haxorus is truly capable of.
I assume if they truly wanted to stretch a win it would be against Seven (due to history), no?

Considering Steven was seen to be way over his level and apparently he did “well” against him than this could a “changing of guard” type of thing

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

I assume if they truly wanted to stretch a win it would be against Seven (due to history), no?

Considering Steven was seen to be way over his level and apparently he did “well” against him than this could a “changing of guard” type of thing
Nah wouldn’t make much sense. Charizard X couldn’t do anything to Mega Metagross before even when using its strongest move. Steven would probably be even worse of an opponent than Leon.

Ryker101

I don’t think he’ll do well either. With Ash or Leon he’d lose to plot armour, he struggled a lot against Steven last time, Cynthia and Diantha seem out of his league

Mb Iris but I think the rest of his team’s weaker than hers

No one cares but these are Alain's odds imo

Vs Leon : 1%
Vs Plot arm... i mean Ash : 5%
Vs Cynthia : 5~8%
Vs Diantha : 10%
Vs Lance : 15%
Vs Steven : 20%
Vs Iris : 40~45%

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Let’s look at the facts: Alain pre his training arc was already around E4 level, Siebold was just a bad match up. He even held his own against Steven. After his training arc, he could defeat 9 MEs in a row and defeated Malva without taking a break and defeated perfect AG, who, in a weaker state, cornered Diantha’s Mega Guardevoir. Thus, Alain at the end of XYZ is far stronger than E4 members and closer to champions than to E4 members.

Against Leon, he had the misfortune of real world problems affecting his battles: It was clear that Leon will win, and due to having only half an episode instead of an entire episode they had to rush the battle. Even then, he was skilled enough to counter Leon’s G-Max on the spot with a normal team member, and using Malamar against Charizard seemed like a good idea, too. This smart battling style was already shown in XYZ, when he used Sandstream to conceal Pikachu’s movements or the Bisharp strategy.

There’s no reason to assume he’s weaker than any of the champions not named Leon, and even less reason to assume a champion without feats is stronger than him. So it probably depends on small margins when he is up against the 5 remaining champions.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Maybe against Lance. Maybe it’d be close against Iris but I still believe she’d win. I just cannot see a mere League winner winning against regional Champions, like no matter what people try to argue with powerscaling.
That’s not really a valid argument, as the different regions and their tournaments vary in strength. Ash used a much, much weaker team to become the first Alola champion than the teams he used in the Sinnoh or Kalos Leagues.