• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash challenges the Unova Elite 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash's current team, concidering how far he is in this region, is quite pathetic. Normaly by now he's got at least one fully evolved pokemon that isn't a flying type.

Ash's current team, concidering how far he is in this region, is quite pathetic. Normaly by now he's got at least one fully evolved pokemon that isn't a flying type.

leavanny says hello and would also like to point out that ash is getting krookodile soon enough

RandomOne

Randomization
His Unova team is so weak; Sinnoh was the best.

Anyway, If he uses all of his reserves, the strong ones in my opinion are:
Pikachu, Infernape, Buizel, Staraptor, Glalie, Sceptile

Sarefan

Hylden General.

Buizel? I would change him w/ Snorlax, Gliscor or Heracross. And Startaptor for Charizard.

Estellise

peachy
He would lose horribly.

jrizza88

Meteorite
If they make this take "several years" after Ash's final journey, then I can see a final series (at least for Ash) where Ash challenges all the Elite four from all regions and kicks butt! I am sure that he would only use the Pokemon for the specific regions that the elite battles are taking place. This means that It would be 3 vs. 3 for the elite four members, and then 4 or 6 vs 4 or 6 for the Champion.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Sinnoh wasn't that impressive. Infernape was incredibly overpowered. Buizel and Gliscor were fine. Torterra and Staraptor were underwhelming. Gible was stronger than it should have been.

PAndrews

Looking back at his teams when he had 8 badges
Kanto - Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto
Johto - Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleaf, Noctowl, Phanpy
Hoen - Torkoal, Corphish, Grovyle, Swellow, Glalie
Shinnoh - Infernape, Buizel, Torterra, Staraptor, Gible

So not counting birds, in Kanto he had 1 fully evolved, Johto none and in Hoen 2 (though 1 had no evolutions).
Shinnoh was basically the first time the writers really did some evolving and multiple powerhouses on his team, problem is after such a team his current one looks a little pathetic.
But if you remember this is basically the halfway point for Best Wishes and compare in to Hoen + Battle Frontier, then his team isn't that bad and actually quite similar in terms of evolutions.

lakooki

Banned
Looking back at his teams when he had 8 badges
Kanto - Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto
Johto - Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleaf, Noctowl, Phanpy
Hoen - Torkoal, Corphish, Grovyle, Swellow, Glalie
Shinnoh - Infernape, Buizel, Torterra, Staraptor, Gible

So not counting birds, in Kanto he had 1 fully evolved, Johto none and in Hoen 2 (though 1 had no evolutions).
Shinnoh was basically the first time the writers really did some evolving and multiple powerhouses on his team, problem is after such a team his current one looks a little pathetic.
But if you remember this is basically the halfway point for Best Wishes and compare in to Hoen + Battle Frontier, then his team isn't that bad and actually quite similar in terms of evolutions.

Very good point. It depends on how many episodes away from the league we are, if it's 50 episodes away then Ash is in a good place right now with his current team and we can expect to see a few fully evolved pokes in his team by the time he's competing in the league. However, if we are 15 episodes away then the best we can hope for is 2 evolutions maximum (one of them being krookidile).

PokeMaster366

Right now, Ash's odds of winning against the Elite 4 are miniscule simply because his Pokemon lack the physical training. He might actually have a chance if he started training with the Power Items.

G50

No longer posting
At this point, if Ash challenges an Elite 4 member, he should at least take one of their Pokemon down. He's been swept enough already.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ash could do well if the writers are fair. Flint's Infernape was just too overpowered. I really disliked that battle.

Glalie, Gliscor, Heracross and many others aren't nearly as far behind Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax as many of you seem to believe,

Agreed. And don't forget Kingler either. Anybody who disagrees should watch the battle it had in the Whirl Cup and conform.

i think he means a starter

When did Ash ever have a fully evolved starter by episode 90, not solely counting Charizard as he said 'usually'...

Sinnoh wasn't that impressive. Infernape was incredibly overpowered. Buizel and Gliscor were fine. Torterra and Staraptor were underwhelming. Gible was stronger than it should have been.

I disagree, I think that Sinnoh was just undershowcased, while Hoenn for example got overshowcased... Hoenn got the longest league to themselves, and had battles throughout the Battle Frontier. Sinnoh got ONE battle in THEIR league, and three got a battle aside from that one. That's the unfairness off it.

There's no doubt in my mind about Torterra being just as strong as any other strong pokemon Ash has. The thing is brute force embodied! It just didn't have the biggest luck while fighting super strong opponents or plot.

I mean come on, if it were Torterra vs. Armaldo, I'm sure that Torterra would've come out with the win.

pokefandt

To be honest I sometimes feel like the writers made the E4 too powerful.

How the heck is Ash supposed to make any sort of progress in his goal if he can't even make a dent on the strongest trainers in the region? We may not know what a pokemon master is, but the E4 should at least be some sort of yardstick for his progress. If he could beat at least one or two of their pokemon, it would probably be like beating the entire team of one of his rivals.

But the E4 are presented as such an overwhelmingly powerful force, it would take some significant training on Ash's part to beat even one. I know the E4 are supposed to be very good trainers, but there's a difference between an obstacle and a solid stone wall with no footholds to hang onto.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
The issue is that Ash rarely, if ever, challenges them with his strongest Pokémon. And if he does, it's when they aren't quite at their Legendary beating level of power, or they go up against a Pokémon that is strong against them. I think that if Ash used his strongest Pokémon, his truly strongest Pokémon such as Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, and Pikachu, one more strong Pokémon, type based on whoever he's fighting, with a Pokémon like Bulbasaur to provide support, he could give them a run. I will say, though, that the only Pokémon that appear to be his strongest are Charizard, Sceptile, Pikachu, all of who have taken down Legendary Pokémon, with Snorlax in that group due to his attack strength and endurance. If he wants to beat an Elite Four trainer, he should try to train with his strongest Pokémon, or at least train a Water-type and a Ground or Rock-type, preferably one that knows Stealth Rock, to round out his team and have six strong Pokémon for beating them. Until he has a team like that, he'll be beaten by the Elite Four trainers and the Champions, with the possible exception of Alder mainly because in the games, N managed to beat him and in the animé he's not all that serious so he could underestimate someone and lose after being surprised by his opponent's strength.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Given Ash's track record there may never be a win against an member, I know never say never but yeah...Never! That aside taking out his track record and just giving him a clean slate, Ash has the the possibility of beating the Unova Elite 4 as in my opinion they are the 3rd weakest Elite ensemble (followed by Kanto and Johto) so that in itself gives Ash some leverage, coupled with the fact that they only have teams of 4 Pokemon, so if we add Sinnoh strategist Ash and take out the anime "loses to learn" factor he may have a chance

As far as tiers go Ash Pokemon fit into 4 Tiers

Strong and Experienced: Top Tier (Ash oldest and arguably most powerful team)
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Bulbasaur
-Squirtle
-Snorlax
-Sceptile
-Infernape (Only one Region but almost as many battles as the Guys above)

Reliable in a Pinch: 2nd Tier (Guys who've been shown to come through when it counts)
-Heracross
-Glalie
-Corphish
-Gliscor
-Gible

Luck Factors: Tier 3 (Guys who's wins come at questionable luck, but get the job done, Technically this is all of Ash's Pokemon but these guys do it way more)
-Buizel
-Swellow
-Staraptor
-Torkoal
-Donphan

Tier 4 is basically the bottom of the barrel and includes the current Unova team as they are, but a combination of the 3 tiers could yield team that could allow Ash to conquer the Unova Elites individually

Last edited:

Perapmanta_017

I think Ash could beat the E4...with the right Pokemon like Torterra, Infernape, Charizard. I think his evolved Unova pokemon could stand a cahnce, but not Oshawott and Snivy and Scraggy

Status
Not open for further replies.