• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash could bring one of his previous Pokemon with him into the next region, who should he bring?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ooo, those are some good choices as well.

What do you think are the chances of any of Ash's Alola Pokemon carrying over? I'm a little behind on Sun and Moon, but I heard Ash caught a Poipole recently.
I don't think any of his current party will. Only Pokémon post Johto who did this is Aipom because it got an evolution in Gen 4 so I doubt it

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Buizel, because his performance in the second half of the Sinnoh saga left much to be desired, and Staraptor, since despite having a good moveset, he has never been all that strong.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Heracross or Glalie, and then have a Korrina/Lucario-like arc where he masters Mega Evolution with it.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I want to see a lot of Ash's Sinnoh Team come back (it's my favorite team that Ash had and they are all pretty good Pokemon), like Gible (such a missed opportunity not to give Ash a Garchomp), Infernape, Gliscor, Staraptor and Buizel.

I also want to see Krookodile return, since it's a genuine beast and easily Ash's best Unova Mon (In terms of prowess)

Noivern would be pretty good to see since after it evolved it was basically useless. Some others I would like to see are Snorlax (one of Ash's strongest early Pokemon), Heracross and Totodile (I just find them hilarious and they're pretty decent battlers), Donphan (I thought that it didn't get enough time to shine, even after coming back for the Battle Frontier) and Sceptile (because he's pretty badass).

But most of all I want to see Bulbasaur return, since the I love the Bulbasaur line and Venusaur is actually my favorite Pokemon! I also think Bulbasaur is really cute and badass, not a quality many Pokemon have.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Something that hasn't had much time to shine, like Waninoko for example. I'd love to see him evolve, as I'm still vexed that Satoshi's Hinoarashi got that privilege first.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
As a Greninja fan-boy I want the ninja frog to return and occasionally steal spotlight from other party members of the next generation. Plus, the Greninja good bye felt awkward to me. How about a reunion for a few episodes ?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly an episode like The Right Place At The Right Mime or An Old Family Blend would be cool to see as it let's Ash see all of his old Pokémon (and potentially old friends) without favoring one over the other. This is the ultimate fanservice episode but I think it'd be nice as some special/arc

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shooti said:
As a Greninja fan-boy I want the ninja frog to return and occasionally steal spotlight from other party members of the next generation. Plus, the Greninja good bye felt awkward to me. How about a reunion for a few episodes ?

I'm not seeing the appeal of Gekkouga hogging more screen-time as if XY&Z wasn't enough for him already, but to each his own.

NanoMoltres

Honestly an episode like The Right Place At The Right Mime or An Old Family Blend would be cool to see as it let's Ash see all of his old Pokémon (and potentially old friends) without favoring one over the other. This is the ultimate fanservice episode but I think it'd be nice as some special/arc

Yeah, it would be cool to get a updated group portrait of Ash and all of his friends/Pokemon from over the years.

eqRBJti.jpg

nickdt

Not gonna happen, since its released.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Heracross or Glalie, and then have a Korrina/Lucario-like arc where he masters Mega Evolution with it.
I don't see Ash getting Mega Evolution. He had Ash-Greninja (who's power was on par with Mega Pokemon) and he also has Z-Moves. If Ash was going to get Mega Evolution it would have been during the XY/XYZ Anime when Mega Evolution was the hot new thing, which it no longer is.

I kinda saw that Ash probably wouldn't get Mega Evolution because:
1. Korrina got Mega Evolution in the anime at the same time the player gets Mega Evolution in the games, so if Ash was to get a Key Stone then it would have been then.
2. Only 1 Gen 6 Pokemon got a Mega (and it was a Mythical) and Ash never catches Pokemon that weren't introduced in the Region he's currently in (since the anime is a promotion for the games, they would want to show off some of the New Pokemon by giving them to Ash).

Yeah I love the Episodes where Ash goes back and sees his Old Mons, but I don't see one happening until the end of Sun and Moon (unless they spring another trip to Kanto on the SM Anime to tie in with LGPE, which I doubt will happen). I expected to see all of Ash's Pokemon during the Kanto trip in Sun and Moon, but we only saw Muk, Totodile, Bulbasaur, Corphish, his 30 Tauros and Squirtle. Very Disappointing.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gible.

It's time for Ash's Garchomp. The anime has enough maturity for it already.

It tears my heart apart seeing Ash use Lusamine's ride Garchomp - to the point of comanding it to use attacks and even hanging around with it - when he has an evolution-capable Gible still rotting on Oak.

A return like Charizard's on BW is the most ideal scenario. After the main quest in the region (namely the league) is done, bring the old powerhouse back and let it do the post-league stuff.

I don't see Ash getting Mega Evolution. He had Ash-Greninja (who's power was on par with Mega Pokemon) and he also has Z-Moves.

If I recall correctly Ash-Greninja is technically stronger than megas since it gains more stat boosts than the average mega.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
If I recall correctly Ash-Greninja is technically stronger than megas since it gains more stat boosts than the average mega.

While this true in the games, remember the games and the anime are different canons with different rules, where the anime takes a lot of liberties with the game material. Also because Ash-Greninja was set up for quite a long time in advanced and that it appeared in the anime first means I'm going to rely on the showings that it had in the anime rather than it's stats in the games (along with Ash-Greninja being an event Pokemon)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would say snivy and gible, these two should have evolved in DP and BW, ash with garchomp and serperior will be great and suits them strengthwise and personalitywise.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I would say snivy and gible, these two should have evolved in DP and BW, ash with garchomp and serperior will be great and suits them strengthwise and personalitywise.
I will always associate Serperior too much with Trip though

Barry Hernandez

Greninja. Then Charizard and Infernape.