• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash doesn’t win

Badfemalecompanion

I'm still hoping that Ash's path to the final won't be as predictable as we think. I like the idea of an Ash vs Leon semi final, with Cynthia waiting in the final as the secret final boss of the series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Actually, he has to lose.

The prestige that comes from winning a worldwide tournament is just not something the writers will want to remind the audience every region going forward, which is going to be a lot more awkward after Ash ditches his winning team but Pikachu behind.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Easy. Ash defeats Leon, but suddenly Tobias returns with his newly caught Arceus to challenge Ash for his spot as the true number 1 trainer of the world.
Or Volo appears and Arceus teleports Ash to Hisui.

Next season a new protagonist is doing SV badges while Ash tries to return to his own timeline.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
IMO, the most likely result of Ash vs Leon is a draw. A draw in the finals would solve several problems:

1) Leon is (sort of) defeated. Ash (sort of) fulfills his promise to Raihan to defeat Leon.

2) Leon can stay number 1 on the rankings, while Ash can be number 2 or number 8 depending on the writers' whims.

3) Because Ash doesn't completely dethrone Leon, most of the publicity stays on Leon, letting the writers BS an excuse for Ash being mostly unknown in PokéSpain.

ShadowForce720

IMO, the most likely result of Ash vs Leon is a draw. A draw in the finals would solve several problems:

1) Leon is (sort of) defeated. Ash (sort of) fulfills his promise to Raihan to defeat Leon.

2) Leon can stay number 1 on the rankings, while Ash can be number 2 or number 8 depending on the writers' whims.

3) Because Ash doesn't completely dethrone Leon, most of the publicity stays on Leon, letting the writers BS an excuse for Ash being mostly unknown in PokéSpain.
Honestly that sounds more like a cop out. Plus if they draw them there would like be a another match that serves as a tie breaker.

It more likely that either Ash will win or lose the battle against Leon.

If anything a draw wouldn’t really solve anything and would most likely be an unsatisfactory outcome for both Ash and Leon.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly that sounds more like a cop out. Plus if they draw them there would like be a another match that serves as a tie breaker.

It more likely that either Ash will win or lose the battle against Leon.

If anything a draw wouldn’t really solve anything and would most likely be an unsatisfactory outcome for both Ash and Leon.
I think ash is beating Leon. Plus I don’t want Ash to go to the new region. Have new protagonists for Scarlet & Violet. Plus I think Ash decides his journey has reached its end. He feels this is the time to move on with his life.

D

Deleted member 384931

Actually, he has to lose.

The prestige that comes from winning a worldwide tournament is just not something the writers will want to remind the audience every region going forward, which is going to be a lot more awkward after Ash ditches his winning team but Pikachu behind.
Honestly story wise it would make sense if Ash beats Leon like episode 100 shows that Leon doesnt have the feeling anymore he has to put his heart into battles. And Ash states he WANTS to defeat Leon, not just battle him for fun.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly story wise it would make sense if Ash beats Leon like episode 100 shows that Leon doesnt have the feeling anymore he has to put his heart into battles. And Ash states he WANTS to defeat Leon, not just battle him for fun.
I honestly think Ash is working hard to beat Leon. Honestly I think Ash is going to defeat Leon. Couldn’t a different series focus on his new journeys being champion while the main anime can focus on new protagonists.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
They are hyping it up so much, Leon is kinda sick of being Monarch and Ash REALLY wants to beat Leon. Something he never stated before I think. Usually it is: " I want to battle to prove that my pokemon are strong or just for fun." So if he loses, idk honestly. Maybe Leon tells him he is a fine trainer and a master already. Tho how you would connect this and the school concept of Scarlet and Violet is a whole different question.
Now Leon lost his title he goes to train and chill in Pokespain
Ash feels inspired and goes there too and gets into whatever the new format is
And PWC stays somehow

AJ97

The big question is, after the PWC Master Class Tournament, do the ranks all reset, or will Ash stay in the Master Class?

Because if the ranks don't reset, Ash could very well rematch Leon as many times as he wants for the title (Until of course, he gets knocked out of the Master class).
And Ash is not the kind to just give up if this possibility exists.

If they want to reset Ash and resume the traditional format, then he probably loses, has his rank reset, but decides to take a break and travel to the new Region before taking part in the PWC again.

But given the fact that they literally added in all the Regional Champions to date into the Master Class, I really do believe this is likely to be the end game for Ash and he's going to win it all.

jrizza88

Meteorite
At this point, I think he would win. It would be quite ugly to have him lose and then do what after? I just wish and I hope he mixes in using reserves with the teams. Ideally, it would all be 4 v 4 battles, with the final 2 or 3 being 6 on 6, mixing in reserves so that some mons get some nice shine.

AJ97

The same thing as every other league: current progress gets reset.
It's actually not that obvious.
How did Lance stay in the Master Class then? The show always implied that Lance was in the Master Class, even after losing the Final Championship match against Leon.
If the ranks were reset, then Lance would've started at the Normal Class at the same time as Ash.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Considering how much hype and popularity she's had in general over the past decade and a half, and given that Shinou nostalgia is strong at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if Shirona were to dethrone Dande.