• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

if Ash had a hypothetical double battle in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis-sama

I doubt there will be many more Double Battles shown in the anime. The writers will probably stick to Triple or Rotational battles to promote the new generation, unless maybe there is a Ruby/Sapphire remake released sometime before the 6th generation comes out.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
inb4thebann

Then you understand that if anyone is likely to be banned, it's you?

While I do agree there's no point in speculating about Double Battles anymore since that's an old gimmick, there's also no point not speculating about Triple Battles since they're brand new. That being said, they're probably going to have the starters all together for the first Triple Battle ever shown, but it's not outside the realm of possibility for Pikachu and/or an evolved Mamepato (Hatooboo/Kenhoro) to fit in somewhere. Maybe even Meguroko if Ash ends up getting it. We'll have to wait and see.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
With the way the anime's currently going I wouldn't be surprised if he acted like he's never been in a double battle before.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
By ban I meant closed thread

Then you should have said, "inb4thelock" or "inb4theclose." When someone is banned from a forum, they're not allowed to post or even log on to it. When a thread is closed, that just means the thread is left to die, as people just can't post in that thread anymore, as opposed to the ban, where you can't post anywhere at all.

And another thing: How in the HELL did you expect any of us to think you meant closed thread when you said ban?! That's a symptom typical of a troll: they hold everyone to their way of thinking and throw hissy fits when people misunderstand them. I've been called a troll before, and it is not a good feeling, so don't feed into that opinion of yourself by thinking you're so much better than anyone else.

magicallypuzzled

well arceus7 sure is doing his best to get this closed posting off topic and trying to get as many people as possable to respond to him. if all this thread becomes is arceus and offtopic posts then it really will be locked people need to stay on topic.

as far as future double/triple battles go i think a large reason why not so many people have posted an oppinion. is we know so little of how ash's isshu team will interact with each other. as more episodes go by i think we'll have a better idea what to expect from team battles like that.

I can see the otter not working well in a team battle with him trying to steal the spotlight from the others.

the fire pig i can see being a fairly standard team battle nothing spetacular but not detrimental either rather ike his personality so far :(.

tsutarja i get the feeling that she would rather battle then well just about anything. just seems like she was bored with the order ash gave her in episode 8. which was basically just lifting pokemon from the bottom level of clock tower to the top.

or maybe she just likes to give that bored facade. any ways i can see her doing well in team battles but i think ash will have to earn her respect a little more first. i am pretty sure there will be an arc pretty soon dealing with tsutarja testing ash to see if he really is the right trainer for her.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Then you should have said, "inb4thelock" or "inb4theclose." When someone is banned from a forum, they're not allowed to post or even log on to it. When a thread is closed, that just means the thread is left to die, as people just can't post in that thread anymore, as opposed to the ban, where you can't post anywhere at all.

And another thing: How in the HELL did you expect any of us to think you meant closed thread when you said ban?! That's a symptom typical of a troll: they hold everyone to their way of thinking and throw hissy fits when people misunderstand them. I've been called a troll before, and it is not a good feeling, so don't feed into that opinion of yourself by thinking you're so much better than anyone else.
._. Last time I checked your throwing a hissy fit. I explained the reasons why this thread should be locked I feel no more obligation to post so as long as you keep posting nonsense about me being a "troll " then your just wasting your time. To be honest, I don't think anything of you, I don't hold my self above or below you since I do not have that kind of thought process. I do not think you have my way of thinking. I simply made a mistake in my post. I realize I did not communicate properly and I apologized , I won't make the error again. Hold your anger in check and be calm, this is a forum, keeping your anger in check is simply not posting. I honestly don't care what people care to call me since that is their issue. I will do what I will and no one can change that, just like you won't change your opinion of me being a troll.

So what I am going to tell you is for your own enlightenment

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Troll

A malcontent that deceptively posts a message or messages specifically designed to enrage, confuse, and/or infuriate as many people on a given forum as possible. Truly "talented" trolls may even enter the realm of Stealth Parody. The very nature of the internet (from newsgroups to wiki sites) is such that if you try to preach to opponents outright or otherwise offend them, you'll probably be ignored and/or banned. A combination of parody and provocation is more likely to inveigle others and thus become a more effective method of quarreling. A case-in-point of the GIFT, the troll delights in sowing chaos; he is enamored by the thought that he can set off total strangers and derail entire forum topics by posting one simple message. At the same time, anonymity shields him from the uncomfortable realization that total strangers are currently fantasizing about his brutal and painful death. The easiest way for a troll to set off an argument is to find a forum devoted to a specific point-of-view — fandom, hobbyists, politics, what have you — and post something inflammatory and profane holding an opposite viewpoint. An experienced troll makes sure to hit as many buttons as possible in a single post, making sure that others on the forum spend an equal amount of time responding to and refuting each point. I.E., on a fan forum for "X", a beginning troll may simply post "X Sucks", while an experienced troll may post a long essay on why "X Sucks" (usually full of lies and mischaracterizations, but using the truth makes it all the more frustrating for the regulars,) and a very experienced troll will even use Sock Puppets to anger both sides of an argument at once. Troll messages are often characterized by poor grammar, poor punctuation, excessive use of net slang and CAPS. Whether this is real illiteracy or an additional attempt to garner a response depends on the individual. In the world of fan fiction, an author who intentionally posts a story that is stupid, badly spelled, or otherwise insincere is also referred to as a 'troll' (as are the stories in question themselves.) The goal of such trolls seems to be to either laugh at the people who like their fic, because they're obviously stupid, or to laugh at the possibly self-righteous criticism they receive from more "serious" fic writers. See Troll Fic. The recommended path for a responsible netizen when confronted with a troll is to ignore him. Replying to a troll is referred to as "feeding" him, and may earn the admonishment of one's peers. Most forums have rules for dealing with trolls, but there is little that can be done to shut one out without setting up significant barriers to new members, so they still trickle in. Also note that a genuine troll doesn't need to be announced as such. One fallacious use of the term "troll" is to mean "somebody I disagree with". When you see somebody declare their opposition a troll during a debate (especially if it's later in the debate or it's against an established member of the community), it's an Ad Hominem attack as a desperate ploy to win. As such, this in turn became one of trolling tactics. In most civilized communities, it is similar to Godwin's Law in its ability to automatically derail the argument and destroy the respectability of the invoker. This is a close cousin to the Wiki Vandal, and sometimes another facet of the Single Issue Wonk. May be the same people, for all we know. Contrast with the Internet (not so) Tough Guy: the troll does not go beyond insults, the Internet Tough Guy will add threats, and sometimes (albeit rarely) acts. Compare with The Gadfly, who is not necessarily a troll but often partakes of some aspects of one. One may think that the term "Trolling" comes from the way that people verb every noun they can get their metaphorical hands on, but it's actually the other way around: The (by now, mostly forgotten) origin of the term "Trolling" comes from the phrase "trolling for suckers," a reference to trawling as a technique in fishing, where a baited hook is slowly drawn through the water rather than simply being cast and allowed to stay in one place — the idea being that the troll drags his bait through the group without staying around himself. The use of the term "troll" as a noun, and the attachment of mythical beastly trolls to the concept are all more recent additions. Interestingly, other forums may take a different tack to dealing with Trolls. Certain forums cannot simply remove the trolls, as they consist of a large portion of their userbase. Instead, they defuse trolling with critical analysis of the trolls in question. Certain trolls may even earn renown for consistently posting high-grade trolls. Note that if what somebody says is truly their honest opinion, no matter how dumb or incomprehensible, they are not a troll. They may still be idiots. Trolls are a form of griefer. Griefer as a specific term often refers to a person who trolls people in online video games by interfering with play and doing everything they possibly can to ruin the fun of other people trying to play the game normally (or stupidly.) They are not known for their logic. At one time, the most irritating version of trolling was the "invasion". Entire net communities would become swamped by trolls, derail

I like logic and I don't post to upset people, I post in total seriousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.