• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash had gotten an Eevee or an Eeveelution, which one would he have gotten?

Which member of the Eevee-line should Ash have gotten at some point?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I personally would have prefer if he would have gotten an Espeon during his travels in Johto. Since Gary got Umbreon, him getting an Espeon would have fit. Not to mention that Red has an Espeon in game.

But what do you guys think?

Psycho Cut

I think that makes perfect sense. In fact, it was pretty much exactly what I was going to say, other than the Red bit. Curse you for stealing my comment! :D

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Didn't Ash say something about preferring Jolteon, in the Eevee brothers episode?

If Ash had received an Eevee, we would not find out which evolution he would choose, because the choice would be made by Eevee.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
And another thing, I think Red had an Espeon in GSC.

And yes for God's sakes I know Red=/=Ash

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Espeon because it is by far the best eveelution lol

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
I didnt even think about red or gary while thinking, i thought Espeon because he will usually get the 3 starters, so that takes out Flareon Vaporeon and Leafeon. He will never have another Electric pokemon so i just thought which of the remaining would fit him. So i voted espeon

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Probably Espeon. Ash might have said he prefered Espeon, but he'll probably never get another Electric type Pokemon.

Flamle

Every Weekend....
He probably wouldn't evolve it. He would either do one of the following:

A: Keep it on his team for 4 episodes and then say that it should learn Eevee moves and then evolve, then never use it again.

B: Keep it on his team for 2 episodes then transfer it to Oak's lab and we'll never see it again. (Totodial)

C: Trade it to one of his group members.

D: Make it one of his "Call upon Pokemon" that come once ever 20 seasons.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Knowing Ash, it'd evolve into Espeon. It'd make a great rival to Gary's Umbreon too.

yeminied

I would have said Glaceon but May already has that one.

So I would have to say Espeon. I can't see him with the Gen I Eeveelutions and he already has a Dark type on his team (Scraggy).
He also has no Psychic types plus Espeon looks wicked.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Two reasons for selecting eevee:

1) Ash never has caught a psychic pokemon.
2) It looks cool and is good for rivalry between gary's umbreon.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
I would say Espeon or Leafeon.
If he had received his Eevee in Johto, it would SURELY evolved into Espeon, for its happiness to stay with Ash, and to oppose Gary's Umbreon.
If he had it in Sinnoh, maybe like in-game, from the PC owner, it would have evolved into Leafeon, after a TR fight in Eterna Forest. That's because later May appears with Glaceon, so.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Didn't Ash say something about preferring Jolteon, in the Eevee brothers episode?

I think at that point the writers were keen to make out that he liked Pokemon like Pikachu with a similar battling style.

To be honest though given the bond he has with his fire-types (he could start an 8th badge gym with what he has up till the end of Sinnoh) Flareon would have been a well good bet on that team.

Espeon I guess. But I'm still waiting for a Dragon-type Eeveelution just for the sake of "completion", and that is the one Ash should have.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I would have loved him to have Umbreon, but they went and gave Gary one instead. So I guess I'd have to say Espeon too, as those are the only ones which evolve without the use of a stone/rock.

Plus it would have tied in nicely with his game/manga counterparts. But I guess the writers just didn't think he was ready for a Psychic type back in Johto.

Status
Not open for further replies.