• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash traveled with ALL his friends from the entire series? (Total of 10 companions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairytrainer

Laverre Gym Leader
I think they should have a special where they all reunite even if it's only once just to see what the interaction would be like.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It can actually be done, but the sagas might have to take about 15-20 years to last at least in order to properly carry out the individual story arcs. Hence the problem of such a large group.

They have hard time developing one main character properly. I doubt they can handle all of Ash's friends together since almost half haven't done much in the past.

majormanafemale

I like the idea but i am not sure the anime could pull it off. It would take an epic writter to pull that off. They would have to focus on one or 2 people at a time. Friends can be rivals. Ash and Misty are very good at turning most of their rivals into friends. Even Brock technically has a rivial. Suzie and Blaine(yeah idk why he did that but its Brock). I think Tracey is only person to have never had a rivial. Ash and Misty are best friends but also rivials. May and Dawn became insta friends which means very good friends are technically rivials though less directly. Drew and May despite alternate denial are close friends and rivials. Yeah no reason a rivials can't be friend. Dawn and Kenny are rivials and friends. If i need to explain further you are weird. Not one iota reason Dawn and May can't travel together. Personally i think best way to try to pull this off is have sevral smaller groups travel together and meet up as big group once in awhile. Like one day focus on Ash,Misty and Brock, next day focus on May,Dawn and Tracey.following day Cilian, Iris and Serena. Then group meeting. I am keeping in mind fact Misty can't cook. Ash has burnt his kitchen. I havd never seen May and Dawn cook their pokeblocks and puffins. And all 4 get lost far to easy, then following week maybe May,Misty and Tracey,Brock,Ash and Dawn. Etc etc obiviously almternating whom is what whom with in reason with Brock and Tracey looking after those who need extra hand. I don't know much about Cilian(outside his big mouth) i don't need to know aroma of pokemon, Iris and Serena

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
some people might think its fine and some might think its overloaded, given that there were many characters just for a series but nevertheless if this happens its just the matter on how they will show the cast.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
In the hands of great writers, any story scenario can turn out great. However, in this case, what's the point of having 10 characters traveling alongside Ash? What is it that Brock can't do that Cilan can? Cilan may be a chef, but so is Brock, AND he is a breeder to boot. Misty vs May vs Dawn vs Iris? Iris and Misty dont have anything special, so what sets Dawn and May apart? They both want to become the best in Pokémon contests. Nothing much different about the two. Tracy? What's he gonna do, draw again?

For Pokémon XY's anime, I like that there's no repeats to the companions. Serena has a past with Ash that might end in an interesting backstory/plot that we've never seen before in him. Plus, her mom's a Rhyhorn racer, something that was only introduced this generation. Instead of contests with May and Dawn, we have racing with Serena. As for Cilan, he may not be a breeder not a cook. And He may be a Gym Leader, but he's the 5th, not the 1st (doesnt really mean anything haha). However, in this gen, the cook and breeder are replaced with a genius, an inventor of many things, useless or not. He invented Super Training, so us ingame trainers have him to thank for that. In the anime, how will he use his inventions? What kind of inventions will he use throughout the region's entirety?

So yeah. I personally think Ash having all his companions would work. But in the end, would it really matter? Wouldn't it be better to just get rid of the old ones and get new ones? Especially since they all serve the same role anyways?

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
I think it be excellent to do something like this, but have a side-series or two going on at the same time to lighten the load on the writers. Each series could have three or four characters, and they all work up to one main goal that would be seen in whatever series Ash would be in. When the characters crossed over, you'd be able to see it from different perspectives, too.

Heck, I just want to see some old characters travelling around again. :(

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Would love a reunion mini-arc (maybe 2-3 episodes) with all the past companions but something legit has to happen to Ash for that to occur. I'm hoping he makes Top 2 in the Kalos League because that'd be reason enough for a huge celebration in Pallet.

chalkus

Having the entire cast together can only work if they are split up into groups of 2 or 3 who would communicate with each other or cross paths periodically. If all of them were together, the cattines from Mist, May and Max alone would bog down the show.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Having the entire cast together can only work if they are split up into groups of 2 or 3 who would communicate with each other or cross paths periodically. If all of them were together, the cattines from Mist, May and Max alone would bog down the show.

Bog down the show? There needs to be a little antagonism in each group.

Shipping wars would commence, and the writers IMO aren't good enough to have hints at every ship and keep them even.

Like someone said earlier, it would be a clusterfvck.

However, I wouldn't mind older characters making cameos every so often. An I mean more than once per region.

Cataquack Warrior

I think an extended party would be awesome, but it would take a lot of work to do it right. The thing to keep in mind is that we're not just accounting for the trainers in the numbers. There's also all of the Pokemon too. If each trainer ultimately has about 5 Pokemon on average, by the time you finish with Sinnoh there would be over 30 Pokemon. Still, there have been stories with large numbers of party members, such as Fire Emblem and Suikoden.

To do things right, there would be two main things you'd need to do, among others. First, give sufficient attention to all of the characters. Maybe not all at once, but enough of a balance so that no one is overshadowed. Second, increase the challenge rating as the adventure continues.

chalkus

Shipping wars would commence, and the writers IMO aren't good enough to have hints at every ship and keep them even.

Like someone said earlier, it would be a clusterfvck.

However, I wouldn't mind older characters making cameos every so often. An I mean more than once per region.
Yeah, it would be crowded, but isn't it worth it to get Dawn, Brock and Iris back? Considering how those characters lit up the screen when they were there, having all of them will be a golden idea.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I can imagine a big movie out of this...but NOT a whole season
Would be sweet though!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Having 10 main characters will make the anime too crowded. There is also a chance that the "minor" characters will get sidelined during most episodes.

Arvis

As cool as it might sound to some, it just wouldn't work. What would the explanation for so many characters be? A lot of characters would get sidelined.

Nightmareisalive

An interesting Idea and I can see benefits for it. There would be more storyline in the series, we would get to see more Pokemon and more character development if each character interacts with each other.

Negatives though are it can be very easy to mess up the storyline. Trying to have each character have their own part means it could take ages to get from one place to another, a series with all 10 could easily take a crazy amount of episodes to do. While t gives more characters to development it could also blur the lines between characters and we could end up seeing more characters the same as each other rather than being individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.