• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash used different Pokemon against Takuto would the outcome be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just wondering if Ash used different pokemon against Takuto would the outcome be different? i think if he used different pokemon he might have been able to win or at least defeat more of takuto's pokemon.
Ash
Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Infernape
Glalie
Snorlax
If ash used a team like that do you think he would have done better i think he should have called for Charizard or something.

Krizor

Evil Genius
No, because Takuto was nothing more than a plot tool used to ensure that Ash didn't win the SL.

He could have used all of his strongest Pokemon and he still would have lost.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
He still would have got trashed.

And it totally depends on what Takuto's team is. He only had 2 Pokemon used in the whole league that we knew of.

Last edited:

Squaaah

If Ash had called Charizard I could imagine He would have beaten Latios, but then lost too Takuto's next pokemon. I doubt Ash could have beaten Takuto, or even got him down to his last pokemon (unless his other 4 pokemon were terrible, but I think him having Latios showed that the rest of his team was pretty strong aswell).

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
With Charizard (instead of Torkoal) maybe he would have beaten Darkrai faster, but he still would've lost. Maybe not 6-2, but 6-3, it doesn't really matter.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The writers weren't going to let Ash win anyway.

JD

I don't think he would have won but I do think that he would do better then he did he probably wouldn't get thrashed if he could take out Darkrai earlier. I think Infernape might have been able to defeat Darkrai if it was used and Charizard would have been able to defeat Latios but yeah if he used the team MasterPika listed he might have been able to defeat 4 or 3 of Takuto's Pokemon.

The writers weren't going to let Ash win anyway.

This even though it would be good to see Ash make it to the finals.

Glalie vs Darkrai(Darkrai wins)
Snorlax vs Darkrai(Darkrai barely wins)
Infernape vs Darkrai(Infernape easily wins)
Infernape vs Latios(Infernape recalled)
Charizard vs Latios(Charizard wins)
Charizard vs Entei(Entei wins)
Infernape vs Entei(Entei wins)
Sceptile vs Entei(Sceptile wins)
Sceptile vs Lucario(Lucario wins)
Pikachu vs Lucario(Draw)
The battle would probably go somewhat like that if Ash used different Pokemon he'd probably defeat 3 or 4 of Takuto's Pokemon.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

The outcome would have been different, but he would have lost no matter what.
He did use a lot of weaker pokemon against him instead of his powerhouses.

terminoob

The Underdog
If the writers wanted him to defeat more Pokemon, then he would've. If they wanted him to defeat less, then he would've.

No matter what the team, he would get demolished because that's what the writers wanted to happen.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They could've made it a bit more interesting and time consuming, with more of Takuto's team being shown. But Ash would've still lost in the end...

Darkrai, Latios, Milotic, Entei, Lucario and a Grass starter would've been an interesting team for Takuto... Ash could've used Pikachu, Sceptile, Charizard, Snorlax, Kingler and Glalie.

But yeah... Ash still would've lost.

Isis-sama

I agree, there was no way Ash could win against someone like Takuto and no way the writers would have let him . . . I do think that Takuto has a full team of legendaries though, even though we never saw them.

BlueVapor

The writers purposely made it so that Ash would lose no matter what.

Yeah, maybe if Ash didn't use Torkoal and Gible and used other Pokemon, it may have been slightly different, but no matter what, Ash was going to lose.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It would be the same because the story was made for Ash to loose at that point, they wouldnt gain 2 episodes if they changed the team, they have dates and they had to rush it, the story suffered but **** happens, I got over it already.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No

he would lose

always

EliteMaster

So basically everyone agrees that Ash would have lose, no matter what pokemon he would have send out against Takato. Isn't the point of this thread then not already made?

Dark Eevee

Ash would have lost no matter what.
And for all we know Takuto could have had a full team of legendaries, after all we only saw two of his Pokemon.

donphan123

Wannabe Breeder
ash would never have won

Waterpokes

He would have lost to Takuto anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. You can switch Torkoal, Swellow and Heracross with almost all of Ash's Pokemon, and it would have been the same. He might have brought with him Charizard or Snorlax and he might defeat one or two more, but no way he would win.

If this battle wasn't rushed and money didn't matter much, then the outcome might have been different. But Sinnoh's ending was rushed and money controlls everything, including Pokemon. What's more important? Getting to Isshu and 5th Generation MoneySpamFeast or actually give a damn about the fans and give us a good battle, that wasn't rushed?

Brandon00151

He MIGHT of had 1 pokemon Left after Latios but It would most likely be KO'd by Takuto's next pokemon and even if by some chance he did beat the 3rd pokemon there'd no way he could of beaten 3 more after that

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So basically everyone agrees that Ash would have lose, no matter what pokemon he would have send out against Takato. Isn't the point of this thread then not already made?

This point has been reached in the previows 10 threads about the subject but people just keep bringing it up, dumbness or innocence might be the cases as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.