• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash used different Pokemon against Takuto would the outcome be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a wild card idea, what if Ash were to plea for the ho-oh that he is always seeing to help him out in this battle? how would the outcome be different now? Think about it.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Here's a wild card idea, what if Ash were to plea for the ho-oh that he is always seeing to help him out in this battle? how would the outcome be different now? Think about it.

How many legendary Pokemon do you think another legendary Pokemon could take down single-handedly? Since Ho-oh is considered to be a deity level Pokemon on the anime, it could take down 2 of Tobias' legendaries, or maybe 3 if it pushed it to its limit. Still Ash would have lost with Tobias' at least one Pokemon remaining.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Doesn't matter. If Tobias had six legendaries the only way Ash would have won is if he was allowed to use more than six pokemon. It probably would have taken most of his reserves, including his in training ones like Charizard, Squirtle, and Gliscor, to defeat all six.

Heracross vs Drakrai (Darkrai)
Torkoal vs Darkrai (Darkrai)
Gible vs Darkrai (Darkrai)
Sceptile vs Darkrai (Sceptile)
Sceptile vs Latios (Latios)
Swellow vs Latios (Latios)
Pikachu vs Latios (Draw)
Donphan vs Heatran (Heatran)
Squirtle vs Heatran (Heatran)
Snorlax vs Heatran (Snorlax)
Snorlax vs Cresselia (Cresselia)
Quilava vs Cressleia (Cresselia)
Bayleef vs Cresselia (Cresselia)
Totodile vs Cresselia (Cresselia)
Charizard vs Cresselia (Charizard)
Charizard vs Raikou (Raikou)
Bulbasaur vs Raikou (Raikou)
Glalie vs Raikou (Raikou)
Gliscor vs Raikou (Raikou)
Torterra vs Raikou (Torterra)
Torterra vs Regigigas (Regigigas)
Noctowl vs Regigigas (Regigigas)
Muk vs Regiggigas (Regiggias)
Buizel vs Regiggias (Regiggias)
Infernape vs Regigigas (Infernape)

That's roughly what I see happening if Ash were able to use pokemon until he was completely out of them.

Last edited:

Elxar

You don't give Cynthia run for her money. You get obliterated. Anyway, in one of the last episodes we see Flint battling Cynthia(?), which means Tobias hadn't made it past the Elite 4s.

Actually I think Tobias and Cynthia have not battled yet. We don't know how the elite 4 challenge work in the anime but the Cynthia vs. Flint was set right after Ash got his 8 badges. So if Tobias had to challenge Cynthia or the elite 4 it should have been after that battle.

Are you serious?? Cynthia would have beat his Darkrai and latios with just garchomp so get that out of your head.

Sure, Garchomp is strong but I doubt he'd sweep all of Tobias Pokemon. Also I think Tobias can take out half of her team if he had other good pokemon. We still don't know if Tobias used his pull potential since this guy just swept the league with barely using just 2 pokemon.What if Tobias other Pokemon are also legendary and as strong as his first 2? Lucario and Milotic are the other ones I see that can beat legendary pokemon. Then again we also can't gauge Cynthia's battling potential aside from knowing her Garchomp is powerful. If they will battle 2 on 2 using the pokemon they used in the anime,
Garchomp/Gastrodon vs. Darkrai/Latios I'd say its even.But its all what if so I rest my case.

Though the fact that every single Elite 4/Champion are considered invincible trainers in the anime is somewhat ridiculous. Flint and Volkner should be equal or at least not that far off I think. But Ash's team was single handedly beaten by Flint's Infernape.Then Ash beats Volkner's team with almost same team he used against Flint. So I think every elite 4 member/Champion have 1 Uber Pokemon and the rest are just above average pokemon that can be beaten even by Ash.

TheNewGuy

I think it was stated that while Volkner and Flint were rivals, Flint's the one that decided to go out on his own and became the more powerful trainer because of it, while Volkner stagnated. IIRC anyway.

I think Garchomp would beat Darkrai, but Latios would easily revenge kill it imo. Garchomp beat Flint's Infernape and broke apart four of Paul's Pokemon without even blinking, incurring Torterra's only ever on-screen loss (Honchkrow's too, if you don't count Pokeringer).

Bear in mind Flint's Infernape swept through three of Ash's Pokemon fairly easily, and Darkrai did the same thing. Darkrai has Ice Beam at his disposal, though, which is a pretty big advantage in its favour - though Chomp does have Brick Break. It'd be a very good match to watch, I wish we'd seen it. Maybe it'll get a mention during the Dawn special, but I doubt it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Actually I think Tobias and Cynthia have not battled yet. We don't know how the elite 4 challenge work in the anime but the Cynthia vs. Flint was set right after Ash got his 8 badges. So if Tobias had to challenge Cynthia or the elite 4 it should have been after that battle.

Sure, Garchomp is strong but I doubt he'd sweep all of Tobias Pokemon. Also I think Tobias can take out half of her team if he had other good pokemon. We still don't know if Tobias used his pull potential since this guy just swept the league with barely using just 2 pokemon.What if Tobias other Pokemon are also legendary and as strong as his first 2? Lucario and Milotic are the other ones I see that can beat legendary pokemon. Then again we also can't gauge Cynthia's battling potential aside from knowing her Garchomp is powerful. If they will battle 2 on 2 using the pokemon they used in the anime,
Garchomp/Gastrodon vs. Darkrai/Latios I'd say its even.But its all what if so I rest my case.

Though the fact that every single Elite 4/Champion are considered invincible trainers in the anime is somewhat ridiculous. Flint and Volkner should be equal or at least not that far off I think. But Ash's team was single handedly beaten by Flint's Infernape.Then Ash beats Volkner's team with almost same team he used against Flint. So I think every elite 4 member/Champion have 1 Uber Pokemon and the rest are just above average pokemon that can be beaten even by Ash.

Ya but I never said all his pokemon, I said darkrai and latios. I know that garchomp cant take out six pokemon, im not crazy lol. Although if tthe paul battttle hhad continued he could of.

Yes and no. Ash would've lost either way. Even the amount of pokemon Ash faced might not have changed no matter who he used. The writers wanted Ash to lose to Tobias and they made him and no matter who he used, the result would've probably been the same.

The only way the team could change is if the writers wrote the battle for Ash to do better than he did. So, the pokemon used probably would've been different in order to match up to Tobias' pokemon. Say instead of Torkoal, Infernape would've been used and instead of Gible, Snorlax could've been used. So instead of the outcome being dependent on the pokemon, the pokemon are dependent on the outcome.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It might have been better if the battle was more better than it was. I think that's what people are most upset about. I have no problem with Ash losing to a legendary but it would be better if the episode was a tad longer and more better. But it's even more amazing that this thread is still opened.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This entire thread can be summoned up like this

"Takuto is a one-dimensional character,a poorly concieved plot device the writers made to prevent Ash from winning-purely out of their own laziness and not bothering to make a two-parter.

Yet we still want to find a solution to the middle finger that was given to the fans.We foucs our hatred on the writer's see-through vessel,we pray that this never happened.But what we forget is it will never change anything.The writers won't apologize for such a grievous mis-casting

All we can do now is hope that the franchise NEVER repeats this mistake again.To move on with our lives and let Takuto be forgotten like he deserves to be.Of course,we'll probably be trolling and ranting about the episode when it comes.Go **** yourselves,anime creative team.Or apologize"

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok I know that this is a little late but to all those people that said that sceptile is really weak just cuz it lost to luvdisc, ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY??? What kind of logic is that??? By this logic, Ash's Pikachu is the weakest pokemon in the world cuz it lost to a magikarp!!!!! Is it his weakest pokemon?? No Pikachu is one of his best lol. One loss does not make a pokemon weak no matter how you argue it. Sceptile is one of Ash's best just like Snorlax, Infernape, and Swellow. But Charizard is Ash's best by a long shot so if anyone thinks other wise then they obviously have not seen the show before. Yes I think that Infernape is strong but no I am not a fanboy there is no denying Infernape is strong but because it was such a screen time hog, I lost a little respect for it, also the blaze thing didn't help either.

So do I think he would win against Takuto??? no but he could of done better had his pokemon been chosen better:

Pikachu
Charizard
Swellow
Corphish
Snorlax
Sceptile

Had he used this team and had they made a two parter, then that battle could of been quite epic. Also if corphish evolved and Crawdaunt used dark pulse to finish of latios then I would love this battle.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So I guess for now on we'll see trainers with legendaries in their pockets to make Ash lose the leagues now. Maybe we'll see a Raikou next held by some girl.(weird plot)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.