• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash used different Pokemon against Takuto would the outcome be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't think Ash would have still won unless he actually knew what Pokemon he was going to face. However, the writers didn't want Ash to win the Sinnoh league but they knew he was strong enough to win. So what other to have him lose than to a trainer carrying a bunch of legendaries. And from watching that episode, we now know that there will be more legendaries to appear in future Pokemon leagues from now on. So live let's just with it.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Well Takuto only had to use 2 pokemon in order to defeat Ash in a 6 on 6 battle. Darkrai took out 3 pokemon before doing damage to Sceptile. Then his Latios was able to take out the next three while also losing. With the possibility of 4 more legendaries. Ash had no chance. If they wanted Ash to win a league title, Hoenn was his best chance imo.

phantasystar69

we will never know what other pokemon takuto had, but judging by the two shown he probably had more legendary or super strong pokemon. Ash would most likely need to use two of his strongest to take down one of Takuto's pokemon, so the best he would do would be to defeat 3 or 4 total.

TheNewGuy

I think it becomes, at worst, 6-4 if you replace Torkoal and Gible with Charizard and Snorlax. Could possibly throw in Infernape for Swellow, though like I said, tired after that battle with Paul. Charizard I feel would beat Latios, and Snorlax (along with Infernape) is missing a legendary win. If you say Ash's top 5 Pokemon are Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, Infernape and Snorlax are the ones missing wins over legendary Pokemon now.

But yeah, Torkoal and Gible got curbstomped, Snorlax and Charizard certainly wouldn't have done.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
In the long run, it doesn't matter, since Ash was destined to lose from the start. However, he definitely would have done better if he had chosen a different team. Replacing Torkoal for Charizard alone probably would have netted him a win. Overall, I thought Ash's battle against Takuto was a serious case of wated potential. But, the writers were rushed to finish DP and start Best Wishes, so the last Sinnoh League episode suffered, at least in my opinion. Here's how I would have done it...

Ash vs Takuto (First Episode):

Heracross vs Darkrai (Darkrai): Played out exactly the same.
Gible vs Darkrai (Darkrai): Gible loses slightly less quickly, and actually manages to hit a few Draco Meteor's against Darkrai.
Sceptile vs Darkrai (Sceptile): Played out exactly the same.
Sceptile vs Latios (Latios): Again, Ash's Pokemon fairs a bit better, and lands a hit, but still loses.
Swellow vs Latios (Both recalled): Unlike the real battle, Swellow and Latios mutually damage each other before Ash shocks Takuto by having Swellow use U-Turn. Takuto quickly recalls Latios, and sends out Zapdos. Ash responds with Charizard.
Charizard vs Zapdos (Continued to next episode): The battle rages long and fiercely. Both Pokemon take a ton of damage before Charizard tries to finish Zapdos off with its signature Seismic Toss. The attack lands with a huge explosion, obscuring the result until the next episode.

Ash vs Takuto (Second Episode):

Charizard vs Zapdos (Charizard): As the dust settles, Charizard is revealed to have knocked out Zapdos.
Charizard vs Latios (Latios): Latios wins with relative ease.
Swellow vs Latios (Latios): Latios, again, wins fairly quickly.
Pikachu vs Latios (Draw): Played out exactly the same.

BlueDragonfangirl

Gotta agree with every one else, no matter what Pokemon he would have used, he would have lost. The people who work on Pokemon, don't want Ash to win the league till the show ends. They would have found some way for Ash to loose, with any Pokemon he has.

SaveOurPokemon

Original Series Fan
Using Charizard would have definitely raised the stakes for Takuto, though I doubt even Ash's all-star team would be able to defeat a full team of legendaries (from the looks of it, that's what Takuto has). Pikachu vs. Latios was quite a battle and a fine way to end the League, though what preceeded was an all too quick demolition of most of Ash's team. Using Charizard and/or Snorlax would have probably forced a two-parter. However, it was nice to see Sceptile really cemented as one of Ash's top, top Pokemon, almost on the same plateau as Charizard.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
It's funny how some people still think that Ash actually would have had a chance to win against Takuto had he used a different team, including Infernape. It's even funnier when some of these Infernape fanbois believe that Ash would sweep the entire league if he used Infernape in every single league battle. Crazy bs!

As of now, Ash's top 6 Pokemon are Charizard, Sceptile, Swellow, Gible, Pikachu, and Heracross. Sorry Snorlax, but apart from possessing extreme endurance, I don't see anything impressive about it. Only Swellow, Gible, and Heracross are among Ash's top 6 that are missing wins against a legendary at this point. Hopefully Gible will evolve to Garchomp before that moment arrives for that guy. It'd be super cool to see Ash having a powerful Dragon-type. Also, Charizard needs a few more wins against legendary, unless of course, the writers have forgotten about him and decided to write him off entirely from the show.

thunderblade12

Your favorites I presume.

I've already bought down Charizard 100 times, you refuse to listen so let's move on.

Sceptile had a losing streak resembling Torterra's, possibly worse than Torterra's, at one point. It lost to a freakin' Luvdisc. I suppose they'll be some loop hole like "it wasn't completely evolved" but I don't care, it's the same pokemon. Considering you keep on bringing up game stats and type advantages when it comes to Infernape (even though it actually WON those battles) a pokemon actually LOSING to something that's widely considered one of the weakest pokemon in the game that it also had an advantage against should be grounds to be considered "the weakest pokemon ever" by you. It also lost to Greta without a single win and a pokemon you just said "wasn't that great" (Snorlax) destroyed both of her pokemon with a type disadvantage to boot. Bias is obvious here. It's win against Darkrai was undeniably pretty lame. You always go on about wins being handed to Infernape. Yeah, how about if a pokemon takes down a legendary in one hit? Don't even care that Gible and Heracross landed hits, that's still only three hits. That's less than what it takes to bring down most Gym Leader's pokemon. Let's review it's battles as a Sceptile, because I have a feeling you'll throw some excuse about those battles being in it's early stages at me. It lost to Regirock, we can't just assume that it would have won had Ash not been possessed. Possessed or not Brandon could have used Lock-On and there wouldn't be a damn thing for Ash or Sceptile to do about it. It won against Claydol, but it had a type advantage and we ALL know that those battles don't count, right? ;) It was matched with Blaziken despite a type advantage but so what? May was a coordinator not a battler. Sure her pokemon were strong against other coordinators but she never had a chance to prove herself against a trainer prior to that battle. And being evolved to the final stage doesn't necessarily mean almighty, unrivaled power. I'd say Bulbasaur is still about even with Sceptile.

Swellow... Well Staraptor defeated one of Paul's pokemon. Too bad people would rather assume that it was a "weak" pokemon dispite Paul's entire character screaming the exact opposite of any of his pokemon. Noctowl seems to be up to their level as well. It got raped against Latios just as badly as Torkoal did against Darkrai. Ash vs Tate and Liza was DEM as hell. So you, someone who detests Blaze (a legitimate ability from the game) should find this "Thunder Armor" tactic flat out ridiculous. It beat Venusaur but it had a type advantage, doesn't count ;);););) It lost to Roselia with a type advantage and it belonged to a coordinator. It also lost to Machop who was unevolved and it had a type advantage against it ;)

Gible... Gible? Why is this even on the list? Because it evolves into a pseudo-legendary in the game? Because it landed one hit against Darkrai and then died? I genuinely don't get it. It did spectacularly against Conway defeating two of his pokemon and whatnot, but what pokemon didn't accompish that? Corphish defeated two of Flannery's, Kingler defeated THREE of Mandi's, Bulbasaur defeated two of Brandon's, Squirtle defeated two of Macey's, Buizel defeated two of Wake's, and Infernape defeated two of Fantina's, Byron's, Candice's, Volkner's and three of Paul's. Not that impressive when weighted against Ash's other pokemon.

Pikachu is variable. It can be Ash's strongest or weakest pokemon. Right now it seems to be weaker than Mijumaru and Pokabu. Maybe even Mamepato and Tsutaja.

And Heracoss is indeed a powerhouse, but still nothing special. A lot of pokemon take super-effective hits head on and survive. Grotle for example, took many ice attacks and still won. Squirtle took a few electric attacks and still on the battle. Cyndaquil was plunged in a freezing pool of water and survived. Defeating Nando's Kricketune is no more special than defeating his Roserade (apparently his starter) or Armaldo (Surprise powerhouse and a fossil pokemon). And landing a hit against a legendary does not make a pokemon strong. If that's the case than Torterra should be considered immensly powerful for landing a hit against Berta's Hipopowdon and and the same goes for Buizel for it's battle against Lucian. And then there's the movies. Croagunk stopped one of Dialga's Draco Meteors. An extremely powerful attack from a world-shaping legendary. That thing must have been the mosiah.

Power fluctuates, your favorites are not the best.

speedygallade

Gallade Lover
Ash was going to lose no matter what. At least he lost to someone using cheap and over powered Pokemon over a simple Caterpie, which I wouldn't put past the writers.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
Your favorites I presume.

I've already bought down Charizard 100 times, you refuse to listen so let's move on.

Sceptile had a losing streak resembling Torterra's, possibly worse than Torterra's, at one point. It lost to a freakin' Luvdisc. I suppose they'll be some loop hole like "it wasn't completely evolved" but I don't care, it's the same pokemon. Considering you keep on bringing up game stats and type advantages when it comes to Infernape (even though it actually WON those battles) a pokemon actually LOSING to something that's widely considered one of the weakest pokemon in the game that it also had an advantage against should be grounds to be considered "the weakest pokemon ever" by you. It also lost to Greta without a single win and a pokemon you just said "wasn't that great" (Snorlax) destroyed both of her pokemon with a type disadvantage to boot. Bias is obvious here. It's win against Darkrai was undeniably pretty lame. You always go on about wins being handed to Infernape. Yeah, how about if a pokemon takes down a legendary in one hit? Don't even care that Gible and Heracross landed hits, that's still only three hits. That's less than what it takes to bring down most Gym Leader's pokemon. Let's review it's battles as a Sceptile, because I have a feeling you'll throw some excuse about those battles being in it's early stages at me. It lost to Regirock, we can't just assume that it would have won had Ash not been possessed. Possessed or not Brandon could have used Lock-On and there wouldn't be a damn thing for Ash or Sceptile to do about it. It won against Claydol, but it had a type advantage and we ALL know that those battles don't count, right? ;) It was matched with Blaziken despite a type advantage but so what? May was a coordinator not a battler. Sure her pokemon were strong against other coordinators but she never had a chance to prove herself against a trainer prior to that battle. And being evolved to the final stage doesn't necessarily mean almighty, unrivaled power. I'd say Bulbasaur is still about even with Sceptile.

Swellow... Well Staraptor defeated one of Paul's pokemon. Too bad people would rather assume that it was a "weak" pokemon dispite Paul's entire character screaming the exact opposite of any of his pokemon. Noctowl seems to be up to their level as well. It got raped against Latios just as badly as Torkoal did against Darkrai. Ash vs Tate and Liza was DEM as hell. So you, someone who detests Blaze (a legitimate ability from the game) should find this "Thunder Armor" tactic flat out ridiculous. It beat Venusaur but it had a type advantage, doesn't count ;);););) It lost to Roselia with a type advantage and it belonged to a coordinator. It also lost to Machop who was unevolved and it had a type advantage against it ;)

Gible... Gible? Why is this even on the list? Because it evolves into a pseudo-legendary in the game? Because it landed one hit against Darkrai and then died? I genuinely don't get it. It did spectacularly against Conway defeating two of his pokemon and whatnot, but what pokemon didn't accompish that? Corphish defeated two of Flannery's, Kingler defeated THREE of Mandi's, Bulbasaur defeated two of Brandon's, Squirtle defeated two of Macey's, Buizel defeated two of Wake's, and Infernape defeated two of Fantina's, Byron's, Candice's, Volkner's and three of Paul's. Not that impressive when weighted against Ash's other pokemon.

Pikachu is variable. It can be Ash's strongest or weakest pokemon. Right now it seems to be weaker than Mijumaru and Pokabu. Maybe even Mamepato and Tsutaja.

And Heracoss is indeed a powerhouse, but still nothing special. A lot of pokemon take super-effective hits head on and survive. Grotle for example, took many ice attacks and still won. Squirtle took a few electric attacks and still on the battle. Cyndaquil was plunged in a freezing pool of water and survived. Defeating Nando's Kricketune is no more special than defeating his Roserade (apparently his starter) or Armaldo (Surprise powerhouse and a fossil pokemon). And landing a hit against a legendary does not make a pokemon strong. If that's the case than Torterra should be considered immensly powerful for landing a hit against Berta's Hipopowdon and and the same goes for Buizel for it's battle against Lucian. And then there's the movies. Croagunk stopped one of Dialga's Draco Meteors. An extremely powerful attack from a world-shaping legendary. That thing must have been the mosiah.

Power fluctuates, your favorites are not the best.

Sceptile - You're must be high bad-mouthing Sceptile.How dare you compare Sceptile to the likes of Torterra.True it did lose to Luvdisc but you can't really call it weak since it was owned by a gym leader.A gym leader could have a freaking magikarp and it would still be able to hold its own.Sceptile has shown time and time again that it is one of ash's strongest pokemon.Its win against Darkrai actually makes sense.The only pokemon that had a chance of beating Darkrai was Sceptile,Pikachu and Heracross.Lets not forget Heracross already had its time to shine against Kricketune so it was pretty obvuis that it wouldn't have beaten Darkrai and as for Pikachu well it wouldn't have been smartto let it beat Darkrai and then tie with Latios.Yes continue to whine about how Sceptile beat Darkrai but we all knows its because you wanted Infernape to beat Darkrai instead,Obvious Infernape Fanboy fail much :) Bulbasaur is not too far behind Sceptile in terms of strength and endurance but Sceptile still has a slight edge as Ash's strongest grass.No im not saying that because Sceptile is fully evolved and Im fully aware of how strong Bulbasaur is.

Swellow = Staraptor.As for Noctowl its still considered weak.

Gible- I almost died of laughter lol.@poizonsting you are an idiot for thinking that Gible is one of Ash's strongest pokemon.

poizonsting

Pokemon master

It's quite obvious that you'd oppose me no matter what I say. But, this post of yours will sure come in handy for future reference ;)

My personal favourites? Let's see, I will try to elaborate as much as I can.

You had pathetically come short the last 100 times you tried to bring Charizard down. So yeah, let's move on ;)

Sceptile isn't my personal favourite, so I don't really care what you really have to say about it. ;) But please guide me to the place when I said beating Darkrai was Sceptile's solo effort. Everywhere I mentioned about this battle, I gave credit to Heracross and Gible for weakening Darkrai, and I rather argued about this against everyone for their smugness over Sceptile's win over Darkrai a solo effort. Anyway, you can argue whether Bulbasaur is on par with Sceptile, or even superior, but you need to be blind to not see that Sceptile is one of Ash's strongest.

My personal favourite is Staraptor, and I would pick that guy any day over Swellow if I were only to pick my personal favourites. But let's face it: Although Staraptor has a more diverse and strong movepool, Swellow has been more impressive. Staraptor just didn't get the proper treatment from the writers, because they obviously let Infernape hog all the limelight (and I despise them for that), otherwise Staraptor would have been up there as one of the Ash's strongest.

Just to be clear, pseudo-legendary doesn't exist in the anime. It's a term purely coined by the competitive metagame fanbase. As for Gible, I personally favour it, but that and its evolution to a pseudo-legendary has nothing to do with its inclusion in Ash's top 6. It's a late addition to Ash's team in Sinnoh, so it didn't get the required screentime for more battles/wins, but it definitely got the potential when it mastered Draco Meteor to beat Conway's 2 Pokemon. Not to mention it was brave enough to face Darkrai, and even land a hit on Darkrai to weaken it. I can clearly see there's a future for Gible. I don't think it's gonna be another Totodile or Glalie. It's about time Ash had a Dragon-type as his powerhouse.

No comments about Pikachu, as his power fluctuates. Not my personal favourite.

Heracross is better than Ash's other half of the roster. Heracross can be replaced with Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Noctowl for this position depending on the situation. Landing a hit on a legendary (Darkrai is definitely a greater legendary) is considered to be a better achievement than landing a hit on a Elite 4's Pokemon. Hippowdon is slow in general, so it doesn't take much to land a hit on it anyway. Just so you don't get the wrong impression, this is by no means of soiling Torterra's effort. I'm still infuriated at the writers for making it the fall guy. I don't know why or how you brought up Croagunk as it's not even Ash's Pokemon, but Croagunk is undeniably Brock's strongest Poke. Heracross isn't one of my personal favourites as well.

Since your disagreement with me has weeded out half of Ash's roster, that leaves us Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras - they must be Ash's top Pokemon according to you ;)

Gible- I almost died of laughter lol.@poizonsting you are an idiot for thinking that Gible is one of Ash's strongest pokemon.

I'm just not gonna let some closed-minded dildo tell me what I can pick as Ash's top Pokemon. Actually there are some good reasons why I picked Gible. Go look up!

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I'm just not gonna let some closed-minded dildo tell me what I can pick as Ash's top Pokemon. Actually there are some good reasons why I picked Gible. Go look up!

Well, since the question is answered, Im actually interested. After reading your initial post, WHY does Gible come into the frame then?

Rock Smash?

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Sceptile - You're must be high bad-mouthing Sceptile.How dare you compare Sceptile to the likes of Torterra.True it did lose to Luvdisc but you can't really call it weak since it was owned by a gym leader.A gym leader could have a freaking magikarp and it would still be able to hold its own

Bertha's Hippowdon - Belonged to an Elite 4 member

Volkner's Electivire - Belonged to a Gym Leader, the strongest in Sinnoh at that. And it had a 4X type advantage with Ice Punch.

Paul's Drapion - Type advantage and it was the "secret weapon" of a trainer that defeated at least 32 Gym Leaders in his time.

You were saying?

but we all knows its because you wanted Infernape to beat Darkrai instead,Obvious Infernape Fanboy fail much :)

Where do people even get that I like Infernape? Truth be told it's my least favorite of Ash's Sinnoh team. I know where this is coming from. I just don't stand by and allow people to go on delusional fangasm rants about how great Charizard is (and usually when Charizard is bought up these days, Infernape is too in comparison). Sceptile's actually my second favorite pokemon of Ash's.

Swellow = Staraptor.As for Noctowl its still considered weak.

Why exactly?

It's quite obvious that you'd oppose me no matter what I say. But, this post of yours will sure come in handy for future reference ;)

Yeah, yeah. You'll bend and twist it to your convenience. Nothing new.

Sceptile is one of Ash's strongest.

And why is that? Everything I listed above would be a class A example of something you'd criticize Infernape for. Grovyl losing to Luvdisc would be the equivalent of Monferno losing to Budew. I'm sure you wouldn't have let that slide had it occurred. And you ignore (go figure) the parts where I use you logic and say that battles against pokemon that it has a type advantage against don't count. I guess that just conveniently only applies to Infernape or other pokemon you dislike.

Just to be clear, pseudo-legendary doesn't exist in the anime. It's a term purely coined by the competitive metagame fanbase.

Very clear on that. Pseudo-legendaries don't even exist in the game if you want to be technical about it. What's it hurt to pass that fanmade term along to the anime? Pokemon such as Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, and Metagross have all been shown to be very strong in the anime.

As for Gible, I personally favour it, but that and its evolution to a pseudo-legendary has nothing to do with its inclusion in Ash's top 6. It's a late addition to Ash's team in Sinnoh, so it didn't get the required screentime for more battles/wins, but it definitely got the potential when it mastered Draco Meteor to beat Conway's 2 Pokemon.

Like I said, majority of Ash's team have defeated two pokemon in one battle at one point or another.

Not to mention it was brave enough to face Darkrai, and even land a hit on Darkrai to weaken it.

Well any hit will weaken it. You can't really tell how effective a hit is either since pokemon fall from a random number of hits. Most of Gary's pokemon were taken down with a single hit, are they weak? And I don't see how braveness plays into the equation. Torkoal was bave enough to fight two legendaries and that thing's a crybaby.

I can clearly see there's a future for Gible. I don't think it's gonna be another Totodile or Glalie. It's about time Ash had a Dragon-type as his powerhouse.

Wa-wa-waiiiiit a minute. Glalie is weak now? The pokemon that thrashed two fire types solo at the Hoenn League? It also took down Morrison's star pokemon with a type disadvantage.

anding a hit on a legendary (Darkrai is definitely a greater legendary) is considered to be a better achievement than landing a hit on a Elite 4's Pokemon.

Why?
  1. Why?Why? You just got through saying that "pseudo legendaries don't exist" so why should these fan created "uber legendaries" exist either?

I don't know why or how you brought up Croagunk as it's not even Ash's Pokemon, but Croagunk is undeniably Brock's strongest Poke.

But how strong? It stopped an attack from an "uber" legendary effortlessly. That would put it at a higher level than the vast majority of Ash's pokemon with your logic.

Since your disagreement with me has weeded out half of Ash's roster, that leaves us Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras - they must be Ash's top Pokemon according to you ;)

What this is, I don't even...

I had just got done building up half of the pokemon you don't think are up to the "kings" status and you're acting like I bashed all of Ash's pokemon? Do you not even read posts?

I'm just not gonna let some closed-minded dildo tell me what I can pick as Ash's top Pokemon. Actually there are some good reasons why I picked Gible. Go look up![/QUOTE]

TheNewGuy

Anyway, you can argue whether Bulbasaur is on par with Sceptile, or even superior, but you need to be blind to not see that Sceptile is one of Ash's strongest.

This seems an awfully forceful, aggressive way of saying this.

Considering you criticised me in the other topic for "forcing my opinion down your throat"...it's almost as if you believe Sceptile's strength is a fact, eh poizonsting?

In any case, I will take that post as an admission that everything I have ever said about Infernape must be 100% ok in your eyes, since there's very little difference between that and what I've been saying all along.

YOU must be blind to not see that Infernape is one of Ash's strongest. Like I said in my most recent post that you have failed to reply to in the other topic: thunderblade, myself and everyone else have no vested interest in saying Infernape is an overwhelmingly powerful Pokemon. We just accept it because the fact of the matter is right there in front of us. You DO have a vested interest (another powerful fire-type that could potentially threaten Charizard), and it noticably affects your bias.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Congratulations Poizonsting, you managed to turn this thread Infernape debate. Bravo. TheNewGuy, thunderblade, you guys have great arguments, but he's not gonna listen to you, no matter how objective and logical (and right!) you are. If I were you, I just wouldn't bother- for the sake of the thread at least :S

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
In response to the question asked in the OP, possibly, but for Ash to have the best chance, he would likely have to know the composition of Takuto's team. Even knowing that all he had were legendaries, if that is, indeed the case since we only saw two of his pokemon, would likely cause Ash to bring in some other pokemon. As for if he could win, I think that Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, and Snorlax all could likely defeat a legendary one-on-one. That's four of Takuto's pokemon down, with four of Ash's either unable to battle or likely greatly weakened by the fighting, though a rest might help the unfainted pokemon regain some stamina. If Snorlax was on Ash's team, I'd definitely use him to deal with Latios due to his Ice Punch. That leaves two open spots for Ash's other pokemon. Since Infernape had been the workhorse in the prior battle, and was exhausted at its end I won't include him in the potential pokemon used. I think that in a situation like this, type advantages should not be much of an issue, so I would have Ash use Bulbasaur, mainly due to his powders. Sleep Powder or Stun Spore would be great setups for Ash bringing in other pokemon and allowing them to fight a weakened legendary. Perhaps it would allow said pokemon to take on another legendary and still put up a good fight, if not win said fight. As for Ash's sixth pokemon, I'd go with Glalie, again due to Takuto's Latios. But all in all, whether or not the outcome would have been different or if Ash even may have won is not only dependent on the pokemon he used, but on what other pokemon Takuto had on his team.

Armored Zangoose

At best, I think Ash might have been able to battle Takuto's third Pokemon, and lose. Nothing more.

First Episode-
Darkrai v.s. Torterra- Torterra is revealed to have learned Leech Seed, which it immediately uses on Darkrai. However Darkrai is shown to be cleearly wining when it shrugs off Leaf Storm, so Ash recalls Torterra.
Darkrai v.s. Heracross- For the most part, the battle goes the same, except Darkrai is still a victim of Leech Seed and Heracross gets another hit or two in. Heracross faints quickly.
Darkrai v.s. Sceptile- Nothing changes.
Latios v.s. Sceptile- Nothing changes.
Latios v.s. Torterra- Torterra uses leech seed again, but Latios dodges. Latios quickly hits Torterra with Giga Impact. Torterra, barely clinging on, manages to hit Latios with leech seed this time, thoguh Latios immediately knocks Torterra out.
Latios v.s. Snorlax- Snorlax gets an ice punch in, and Latios shows visible damage for the first time, but Snorlax is still knocked out.
Ash sends out Charizard,and the episode then ends as the two Pokemon fly at each other.

Second Episode-
Latios v.s. Charizard- The battle rages for a long time. Latios is clearly faster than Charizard, but Charizard manages to do plenty of damage still. After a long time, Charizard defeats Latios with seismic toss, but Latios uses Giga Impact to take Charizard down with it.
Takuto pulls out a third Pokeball, and sends out Latios' twin, Latas.
Latias v.s. Pikachu- Latias is clearly just as strong and fast as Latios, if not more. It dodges every attack Pikachu sends at it. Latias buffets Pikachu with dragon pulses while dodging thunderbolts. Near the very end of the episode, Latias uses Giga Impact, and Pikachu collides head-on with Volt Tackle, causing an explosion that covers the field. As the smoke clears, Pikachu has fainted, but Latias is still hanging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.