• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash was a final boss in one of future anime series, which Pokemon would you give him, to make him truly threatening?

Psajdak

Basically, that when he "returns", that he offscreen caught, or obtained a new Pokemon that isn't just his ace, but that it also feels like a very high wall to climb over...

Myself, I would have given him Raikou.

First of all, legendary Pokemon are always portrayed as powerful, and second we are at the point where even the likes of Dragonite aren't all that "special" anymore...

Other than that, in anime, Raikou always felt kinda underused, and overall just looks fitting for a legendary Pokemon trainer.

Raikou being electric type, which is rare for Ash's Pokemon would also be interesting to see.

Of course, none of that will ever happen.

Red and Blue

A mix of old and new. He'd use Pikachu of course but I'd also give him one of the starters of PokeSpain (or wherever he would appear again) and one other Pokemon from that region. I'd add in Charizard and Lucario as well
Of course, none of that will ever happen.
A lot of things that people deemed impossible happened in SM and Journeys. You never know at this point

Ash-Greninja. If we’re going legendaries then Melmetal, Naganadel, or ideally Ho-Oh. Or Arceus just to f with people.

Ryker101

Pikachu w/ Z move, mega Lucario, Ash greninja, Sceptile, Charizard/infernape and Melmetal/Naganadel

If legends then Ho-oh, Melmetal, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Entei/Raikou instead

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Z-Move Pikachu, Gengar, Krookodile, Snorlax, Melmetal, Ash-Greninja.

Not necessarily his most iconic team, but you asked for threatening, and I feel like with good AI this would be a great boss battle.

pickapika

Z-Move Pikachu, Gengar, Krookodile, Snorlax, Melmetal, Ash-Greninja.

Not necessarily his most iconic team, but you asked for threatening, and I feel like with good AI this would be a great boss battle.
how do you not have charizard and infernape if you're going for "threatening". They're ash's two most terrifying pokemon and it's not close

DayQuil95

Isn't the answer obvious? I'd give him the one team of 6 Pokemon that we have been watching rise from zero to hero ever since the beginning of times, the one team of developed Pokemon that have perfect synergy with each other and are filled with moments that have made us hyped, cry, and feel extremely energetic for what next step awaited them, who? Of course, I am talking about the Journeys team, don't you remember these iconic episodes dedicated to their training and millions of times that they have presented justification to their top-tier victories and ungodly strategies that would make DP, XYZ, and SM Ash look like newbies? JN Ash and his team are simply the absolute, unmatched, undefeated, impossible, beyond the imaginary peak of anime animation, writing, character interactions, and everything that you can think of to truly shape and condense a fiction work deemed of the title "Peak". I scratch my head at the thought of these simpletons who unironically believe that the likes of Midinja, an overrated piece of horribly written crap that only managed to attract the edgiest of teenagers, Knockoff Goku, an absolute waste of time for another quick loss at the league, or Larizard, which even Gamefreak, known absolutist lover of the Charizard species still refuses to even acknowledge as a member, would ever get to the tip toes of ability and skill that have been thoroughly presented to us throughout this absolute masterpiece of a flawless series.

I'm joking, don't kill me

Morax

King of heroes
Isn't the answer obvious? I'd give him the one team of 6 Pokemon that we have been watching rise from zero to hero ever since the beginning of times, the one team of developed Pokemon that have perfect synergy with each other and are filled with moments that have made us hyped, cry, and feel extremely energetic for what next step awaited them, who? Of course, I am talking about the Journeys team, don't you remember these iconic episodes dedicated to their training and millions of times that they have presented justification to their top-tier victories and ungodly strategies that would make DP, XYZ, and SM Ash look like newbies? JN Ash and his team are simply the absolute, unmatched, undefeated, impossible, beyond the imaginary peak of anime animation, writing, character interactions, and everything that you can think of to truly shape and condense a fiction work deemed of the title "Peak". I scratch my head at the thought of these simpletons who unironically believe that the likes of Midinja, an overrated piece of horribly written crap that only managed to attract the edgiest of teenagers, Knockoff Goku, an absolute waste of time for another quick loss at the league, or Larizard, which even Gamefreak, known absolutist lover of the Charizard species still refuses to even acknowledge as a member, would ever get to the tip toes of ability and skill that have been thoroughly presented to us throughout this absolute masterpiece of a flawless series.

I'm joking, don't kill me
7.3/10 Too much sarcasm.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja and Lucario.

All 6 being equally powerful and threatening for the new protag and each being a beast that takes a lot to go down in the ultimate battle with Pika being the last while Charizard is the penultimate teammate to faint.