• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash were to end on Kanto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionRed

How would you have liked it to end?

After Ash defeats Team Rocket, Giovanni, becomes champion of Kanto and captures MewTwo, I would have liked Ash to go to Mt. Silver which would be a great follow up to Gold/Jimmy entry to the series. After Gold/Jimmy destroys Team Rocket for good, and becomes champion after defeating Lance, professor Oak tells him that the Pokemon Master is waiting for him at the peak of Mt. Silver. He goes and sees Ash and battles him and wins ending Pokemon series Gen 1. =D

How would you have liked it to end, if Ash were to end in the Kanto region?

Navin

MALDREAD

After Ash defeats Team Rocket, Giovanni, becomes champion of Kanto and captures MewTwo, I would have liked Ash to go to Mt. Silver which would be a great follow up to Gold/Jimmy entry to the series. After Gold/Jimmy destroys Team Rocket for good, and becomes champion after defeating Lance, professor Oak tells him that the Pokemon Master is waiting for him at the peak of Mt. Silver. He goes and sees Ash and battles him and wins ending Pokemon series Gen 1. =D

So basically...you wanted to watch Red's story.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I would have liked Ash to at least defeat Richie because he clearly had the firepower to do it,Charizard just couldn't be bothered to face a weak little mouse like Pikachu.

Ashton Ketchum

In this way - anime will be saved from mistakes of firsts 6 seasons of Power Rangers.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I would've just wanted to see him win at Kanto's league tourney which was his goal back in early OS any ways. :]

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
As much as I'm a fan of the games, Ash being a carbon copy of Red would just be boring.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
What's boring about a competent protagonist??

If this was Adventures Red, I'd see your point, but game Red seems boring to me. I'd rather have the guy that had a fist fight with Deoxys in the air over the game protagonist.

togenaught18

I think thats enought i like to finish, too and also the amourshipping be canon . I wouldnt mind if another protagonist battle ash, but plz no in the similar way e.e

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Ash's Journey ending in Kanto requires a lot of condensing and reformatting of the original plot line given that Ash was simply not ready to earn the rank of Champion in the Indigo League arc. His character development arc in the Oranges Islands (particularly with Charizard) is essential for Ash, and that happens after suffering a humiliating loss in the League tournament. If anything, I would have Ash's journey end with the Johto saga due to his connection with Ho-Oh and the fact that the GS ball had a bigger arc to play than what it got (Celebi being a part of the gang). Not to mention how the Johto saga highlights Ash's growth as a trainer and gives both Ash and Gary a chance to grow into worthy opponents instead of just bully and bullied.

Bahmo

If this was Adventures Red, I'd see your point, but game Red seems boring to me. I'd rather have the guy that had a fist fight with Deoxys in the air over the game protagonist.

Honest, I find Red in general to be just about as generic as child protagonists get. It's no mystery why a lot of fans gush about how much better he is than Ash; Red is accomplished and that makes it easier for players of the games, which are pretty easy insofar as Story sections go, to relate to his having the same successes he did. However, if TV conflicts were intended to be resolved the same way as video game conflicts, there'd be no reason to make TV shows based on video games.

There needs to be some other challenge handed to protagonists on top; much as people complain about the means they took adding challenge to Ash's life. They gave him the same one-note goals as Red and made him too naive about them; what they should've done to both is made them both good at battles and given them both other challenges on the side.

I would have wanted Ash to achieve his goal, marry Misty, and have his kid travel to Johto. :cool:

You'd need to utilize some complex time-travel gymnastics to accommodate that. I guess they could hitch the two together, but barring the Johto games being stated to take place a decade later, there'd be no reason to send their son to Johto.

Ash's Journey ending in Kanto requires a lot of condensing and reformatting of the original plot line given that Ash was simply not ready to earn the rank of Champion in the Indigo League arc. His character development arc in the Oranges Islands (particularly with Charizard) is essential for Ash, and that happens after suffering a humiliating loss in the League tournament. If anything, I would have Ash's journey end with the Johto saga due to his connection with Ho-Oh and the fact that the GS ball had a bigger arc to play than what it got (Celebi being a part of the gang). Not to mention how the Johto saga highlights Ash's growth as a trainer and gives both Ash and Gary a chance to grow into worthy opponents instead of just bully and bullied.

I find the Orange Islands a very underappreciated part of Pokemon lore, and part of why that's the one place Ash won a championship is they weren't crutched by the demands to throw out his old team and promote new Pokemon. Giving Ash a chance to get his team stronger would help. It would also let them tell a lesson about froendship without seeming hypocritical.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I still think it's funny how Charizard cost Ash the Indigo League and yet Ritchie gets most of the blame instead.

I think it's on both accounts,Charizard was his strongest one but was very disobedient and couldn't be controlled properly.Ritchie was a huge Ash clone,from wearing the same similar clothing to owning the same pokemon.On top of that he had little to no redeeming qualities as a rival,none of his pokemon were impressive,even Gary could have defeated him.This will always be my least favorite ending out of all the leagues just because of the lack of good battles and an ending that left a bitter taste in my mouth and several others.

Gillachu

Banned
You'd need to utilize some complex time-travel gymnastics to accommodate that. I guess they could hitch the two together, but barring the Johto games being stated to take place a decade later, there'd be no reason to send their son to Johto.

I was thinking that a timeskip could've happened back then if the Ash & Misty scenario had occurred. ;)

Bahmo

Yeah, but that would require making the games go along with it if they didn't want to be confusing.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Um...not copy Red's storyline, because Ash is NOT Red. Hopefully, he could rechallenge the Indigo League, battling the E3. And the only way I would want him to follow Red's footsteps is to have Team Rocket disband once and for all.

raichu27

I agree with this. I would've liked to see him defeat Ritchie, without his Charizard disobeying him. Plus, I've would've liked to see him complete the Pokedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.