• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash winds up with 3 fully evolved starters this gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persomally I hope he doesn't get Daikenki. Futachimaru suits him much more.

"Suiting him more" isn't that much of a good reason. The writers could always expand their options for Ash's pokemon and they've proven in the past that they could give Ash pokemon that don't suit him.

Besides, I personally think Daikenki suits Ash and hopefully he'll get it as one of his fully evolved pokemon. That's the only evo I really want. While I have certain preferences for the other two starters about their evolutions, I'm not as concerned with theirs as I am with Daikenki.

Joe.

I could see Pokabu staying unevolved and being a solid pokemon, like Bulbasaur like you guys have been saying, I like the final evolution (and even the middle) but I'd rather see Futachimaru/Daikenki and focus on that, because Mijumaru is ugly...and the fire starters take up the spotlight too much.

Tsutaja can stay in basic form or evolve once, but I don't see Ash with a Jaroda.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well Mijmauru is cute in and pokabu is ugly my opinion and i don't want it to evolve but it probably will.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
"Suiting him more" isn't that much of a good reason. The writers could always expand their options for Ash's pokemon and they've proven in the past that they could give Ash pokemon that don't suit him.
I see no Pokemon that don't suit him at Oak's lab.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Persomally I hope he doesn't get Daikenki. Futachimaru suits him much more.

So you're in the boat of Futachimaru, Jaroda, Emboar? I'd think it's kinda cool if they have him be the small kid that packs the biggest punch out of the three.. Or in (pre-supersaiyans) Dragon Ball Z terms:

Futachimaru: Gohan
Emboar: Goku
Jaroda: Piccolo

Muk.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Muk suits ash in my opinion.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
So you're in the boat of Futachimaru, Jaroda, Emboar? I'd think it's kinda cool if they have him be the small kid that packs the biggest punch out of the three.. Or in (pre-supersaiyans) Dragon Ball Z terms:

Futachimaru: Gohan
Emboar: Goku
Jaroda: Piccolo
That or one of these two;
Futachimaru, Pokabu, Jaroda
Futachimaru, Emboar, Tsutaja

Muk suits Ash.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That or one of these two;
Futachimaru, Pokabu, Jaroda
Futachimaru, Emboar, Tsutaja

Muk suits Ash.

I dislike the idea of Pokabu not evolving.. So I'd rather see it go to Chaobuu instead, the other one is fine by my standards :p

The Muk Ash has suits him.. You wouldn't see Ash fighting with a Muk if he had the choice over Tsutaja, Chimchar, Buizel, Grovyle etc..

I like Muk, but I don't think that if the writers didn't give it that persona that it wouldn't have gone over that well in the fanbase.. Just look at how it was before it was captured.. It was a menace, and not in a good prankster way either. You can't say that that pokemon is the same as you see it now. Well technically it is, but the writers had a hand in him being more 'Ash material'.. Otherwise it wasn't by far.

Last edited:

I think some people before in the past have said that pokemon like Glalie or Gliscor didn't fit Ash. That was before they evolved. Obviously when we finally saw them in Ash's team, they "fit" Ash.

And then I remember some posts saying how Grovyle should stay as is because Sceptile might've been too awkward to battle as fast as Grovyle and that was proven wrong since Sceptile battles just as well.

If Daikenki doesn't "fit" Ash now, that doesn't mean that it won't fit Ash in the future if Ash gets it.

And imo, at this point, I do believe Daikenki fits Ash. It's a sea lion based off of a samurai. With something cool like that, how doesn't it fit Ash? If it's because Daikenki's a quadruped, it shouldn't matter. Ash's pokemon come in all different shapes and sizes. There really shouldn't be any restrictions on that aspect.

Same reason why I'd rather see Jaroda on Ash's team. He has never had a serpent before so this is a chance to get it. And if one of Ash's starters are unevolved, I'd rather be it Pokabu since Jaroda and Daikenki offer something new and interesting to the team imo.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think some people before in the past have said that pokemon like Glalie or Gliscor didn't fit Ash. That was before they evolved. Obviously when we finally saw them in Ash's team, they "fit" Ash.
Glalie was probably me and I mainly said that because I didn't like the way it evolved (Snorunt got no victory and it's evolution just happened casually during the Grand Festival).

And imo, at this point, I do believe Daikenki fits Ash. It's a sea lion based off of a samurai. With something cool like that, how doesn't it fit Ash? If it's because Daikenki's a quadruped, it shouldn't matter. Ash's pokemon come in all different shapes and sizes. There really shouldn't be any restrictions on that aspect.
Fair enough but Futachimaru suits him more, just like Snorunt suited him more. I'd be able to accept him getting Daikenki but I'd be bitter about it for several episodes much like I was about Glalie. Plus my almost life long love of otters also makes me want it to stay an otter.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I could see Pokabu staying unevolved and being a solid pokemon, like Bulbasaur like you guys have been saying,

But wouldn't that mean that Pokabu would be another Cyndaquil Johto clone? Having Pokabu the only one not evolving would make people complain later on that it didn't get enough screen time. Why can't we all just want the idea of all Ash's Pokemon evolving, so that there won't be any problems?

But wouldn't that mean that Pokabu would be another Cyndaquil Johto clone? Having Pokabu the only one not evolving would make people complain later on that it didn't get enough screen time. Why can't we all just want the idea of all Ash's Pokemon evolving, so that there won't be any problems?

The writers usually have one pokemon left unevolved. Probably so that Ash can have some balance with his team and it won't be like small Pikachu and 5 or 6 evolved pokemon.

And Pokabu being unevolved doesn't mean less screentime. Corphish was unevolved but it got a ton of screentime. So much that when it showed up for DP 182, people hoped that it won't get a battle because we saw enough of it in AG.

And of course Bulbasaur got enough screentime and it's unevolved.

Pokabu can still have decent screentime if it's unevolved.

Besides, I'd rather see it have less screentime than Mijumaru -> Futachimaru -> Daikenki. Out of the three, the water starter is the one I want to see fully evolved and get the most screentime.

I could see another fully evolved starter after that in which I prefer Jaroda but it doesn't matter much as long as Ash gets Daikenki imo.

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
Well, ash already has Pokabu and mijumaru, and at this rate he's probably going to get the other one as well. So, I think, yes, it's going to happen.
But I also think it's going to be even more of a fail for Ash when he loses the league this time.

Joe.

He can lose, just not 6 pokemon to 2 goddamn legendaries.

Lazy writers.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Daikenki has been growing on me lately and I'd love to see Ash with it. It's not a Pokémon-style we've seen him with for a while (if not forever) and it'd be interesting to see. I'd like Daikenki, Jaroda and Chaobuu (or however you spell it).

TicoPokemonMaster

It would be interesting to see all three go to their middle stage, Futachimaru, Chaobuu, and Janoby and stay like that. Its a farfetch'd(pun intendened) concept but it might work.

Blaziryu

If Ash is smart, he should definitely make this generation of 3 starters fully evolve in their final stage.

Grei

not the color

Have you ever noticed that the strangest thing begins to happen once we see Ash with a Pokemon of his, and suddenly, we all realize that the Pokemon suits him?

Yeah? No?

Had Ash not gotten Muk, nobody would have ever seen him with it. Had Ash not captured Snorunt, nobody would have seen him with Glalie. Had Ash not captured Gligar, very few people would have pictured him with Gliscor. Had Ash not caught Gible, nobody would have ever seen Ash ever getting a Dragon-type, ever.

Yet he caught them. And now they all suit him.

Doesn't that say something about Pokemon that "don't suit Ash"? A Pokemon "not suiting Ash" can still be obtained by him just as easily as a Pokemon that does "suit Ash". The difference is that people expect to see the ones that "suit" Ash, but that doesn't automatically bar the ones that "don't suit" him.

That's a little ridiculous.

If Ash is smart, he should definitely make this generation of 3 starters fully evolve in their final stage.

Except that's more than likely not going to happen. Ash always wins with the tiny speedy powerhouses to send a good message to little kids out there, that they can win even if they're smaller and younger. He's not going to get all three evolved Starters.

aipomadvanceshipper

I'd be happy if he gets three evolved starters this time, Sinnoh was the closet we got.
Kanto, Bulbasaur and Squirtile didn't evolve.
In johto only Chikorita evolved, it took cyndaquil like what nine seasons and Sinnoh and back to evolve and become more useful, it was useful as cyndaquil but it is sorta badass as quilava.
In Hoenn well Sceptile evolved all the way
In Sinnoh both Chimchar and Turtwig evolved all the way, though Ash didn't use Torterra to its full advantage i find.
Sure, bigger is not always better, but i think Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape might beg to differ......

Status
Not open for further replies.