• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Ash's Gible wasn't intended to parallel Cynthia's Garchomp, what was it for?

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I wonder if they brought bac Ursula not just for her popularity over Dawn's other rivals, but also to showcase Gabite as Gible won't evolve, a la Kenny's Prinplup and Barry's Empoleon.

You're probably right. I mean, Coordinators wouldn't look good with fully evolved starters. It goes Barry, the trainer, he gets the Empoleon, and the co-ordinators get the stages that haven't been filled in for. As for Gible/Gabite/Garchomp, Cynthia, well you KNOW by now who she is, therefore she gets the Pseudo stage, and there we have the co-ordinator with a rotten attitude, they give her a Gabite, because she needs to keep her "reputation" as being better than Dawn. Ash's Gible, SIMPLE! They had to even out his team of he Big guys to puny's from 4:2 to 3:3, or simplied to 50/50.

Does this wrap things up somehow folks?
....be honest-

EDIT: Trainers get priority access to fully evolved Pokemon of the same evolutionary lines as coordinators, EXCEPT about Gible

Last edited:

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I know that im gonnabe called a slag for this but i still believe that if Gible doesn't evolve this region he's going with ash to gen V.

And im sick of all this he's this regions Totodile or Phanpy or Snorunt or a combo of the three crap. Why can't he just be ash's Gible and we see how it pans out before we all get angry over a little land shark with down syndrome whose attempt draco meteor would serve a better purpose as a emergency flare than an in battle move.

that being said about my theory of Gible having down syndrome he has learned not to hurt ash whilst attached to his head. At first Ash tried like crazy to get him off now Gible just latches on harmlessly.

and in all honesty I love the little guy i want one for Christmas

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
If Ash's Gible wasn't intended to parallel Cynthia's Garchomp maybe it was just a pkmn that he caught to fill his 6th slot

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Even if Ash had a Garchomp, there is still no way that he could be compared to Cynthia in skill.

TicoPokemonMaster

Gible is mirely the Phanpy of this region. He won't get a gym battle but will be used in the league. Then he will be left in Pallet town, and come back later.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Gible is mirely the Phanpy of this region. He won't get a gym battle but will be used in the league. Then he will be left in Pallet town, and come back later.

I can believe that really well.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It learns Draco Meteor for a reason...I think it'll win some battles & won't be as lame as Phanpy was

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Mixture of Phanpy and Glalie anyone? Mastering Draco Meteor, evolving, gets Oaked, but comes back

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes

Phanpy was used against Pryce. Gible will evolve you'll see. you will all see. Gible won't be leaving Ash's side for a while. but if it doe's get oaked then i can see it being latched on Oaks head everytime he and Ash speak in Gen V. which isn't going to happen because the Gible is going to Gen V. Its too attached to Ash(literary) to be oaked. And the little guy going to be so proud of itself once draco meteor is mastered its just going to get firing them off randomly for shits and gigs at Oak because of boredom and end up destroying the place. I can see Sceptile crying over Bayleefs chargrilled corpse.

Dax

Legend
Being too attached is really no excuse for Gible staying with Ash. Aipom was too attached to Ash but it had no problem leaving with Dawn. Bayleef was oaked even though she's been the most affectionate pokemon towards Ash.

I don't see what purpose Gible will have if next season is the Gen V. I don't see it getting a split evolution since no pesudolegendary has gotten one. It will have no marketing purpose in the series. I see it as another Glalie. Gible is here for the league whether it evolves or not.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
And im sick of all this he's this regions Totodile or Phanpy or Snorunt or a combo of the three crap. Why can't he just be ash's Gible and we see how it pans out before we all get angry over a little land shark with down syndrome whose attempt draco meteor would serve a better purpose as a emergency flare than an in battle move.

Yeah, I dont really believe in wildcard slots, or random slots, lets just enjoy a Pokemon that is finally as boneheaded as Ash is. I love impulsive.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't see what purpose Gible will have if next season is the Gen V. I don't see it getting a split evolution since no pesudolegendary has gotten one. It will have no marketing purpose in the series. I see it as another Glalie. Gible is here for the league whether it evolves or not.

Well Gible is stil the first evolution, it can evolve twice, it would be too bad if it won't evolve at least once. If not, then I don't understand why the writers actually decided that Gliscor will leave for it, especially since Gliscor was a Ground type pokemon with a new Dragon move.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Oh yes I was wrong, Giga Impact is a Normal type move. but I still think that Gliscor is stronger than Gible, so Gible should evolve during the league/Battle Zone/next gen unless it will be strong as Glalie in the Hoenn league.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Gible's there to satisfy Piplup-haters. Happy?

Really, CyberCubed? More hate threads? It's like every time I see a thread that you're the creator of, it's always some made-up reason to flame a character. I mean, all I ever see from you is crap like "Piplup should have evolved," "Gliscor leaving makes no sense," and, most recently "What's the point of Gible?" The anime does NOT cater to your every whim, so stop acting like it should. And just because you have an ungodly amount of posts does not mean you know what you're talking about. In fact, to me that says you have no life outside of this forum. No college, no job, nothing to strive for. In short, shut up and get a life.

And I don't care if I get infracted or even banned for this, it needed to be said.

shane1594

Gible is a pokemon that does not gain any true power until it evolves into a gabite.

Despite it having powerful moves, if it is unable to use them there's no point to having them, is there.

Ash, when he goes into different regions should keep it with him, as it is a pseudo-legendary pokemon when it fully evolves. Ash has gradually been realising the difference in power that a pokemon has when it evolves and, whilst he does still believe that any pokemon can be powerful if you train it(as he said to Paul at the beginning of Pokemon: Diamond Pearl) he has had most of his pokemon evolve.

If the writers go back to the **** that they did before in having Ash win his battles with unevolved pokemon all the time they're crazy and a lot of the popularity of the show will fall.

As to answering the question that this forum has been created to answer. I think that the writers had Ash catch a Gible so that it could evolve and Challenge Palmer and his Rhyperior.

thunderblade12

There's no trme for a Frontier Brain arc. The 5th Generation will probably begin sometime in September or October, at which time Gible won't even be with Ash any more.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I'm more angry about the Gliscor treatment really. I mean, why exactly did they replace him, who was already in his evolved form, with a Pseudo stage 1 that will never see a future after this region? Stupid really! There was nothing wrong with Gliscor, so I as: What is the point?