• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Bulbasaur & Squirtle had evolved in S1, would they've become disobedient?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Of course not... Charizard was another trainers pokemon in the first place. His other starters would definitely obey him. I hope they evolve in any of the future eps! :)
I don't really think that makes a difference. Infernape initially belonged to Paul yet it obeyed Ash (granted it lost control during Blaze but that wasn't due to disobedience towards Ash). Buizel was Dawn's at first and other than when he was still getting used to being a team player he was also obedient. Pignte as well and he never had any obedience issues. IMO Charizard's case was due to how he was treated by Damian and his prideful attitude (some PTSD issues maybe?) than the fact that he actually belonged to someone else.

Sprinter1988

Of course not... Charizard was another trainers pokemon in the first place. His other starters would definitely obey him. I hope they evolve in any of the future eps! :)

Squirtle also had another trainer before Ash - the entire Squirtle Squad was made up of abandoned Squirtles. As for Bulbasaur, I don't think it was ever stated outright if it was abandoned like all the other pokemon in the Hidden Village, but it may well have been.
To be honest, I don't think that they would have disobeyed. Frankly after what happened when Charmander evolved, and then how insane Primeape was, Ash could have used another Pokemon evolving so that he could see that using evolved pokemon wasn't a bad thing. Personally I'd have had Bulbasaur evolve in the Mysterious Garden episode with all the others, though after it had proved its strength as a Bulbasaur, of course! Then I'd have had Squirtle evolve into Wartortle in the Orange Islands at the same time as it learned Hydro Pump

keybug55

Pop sensation
Squirtle has been a bit disobedient in the past, especially when it hurts his pride. This would make sense since he was the leader of a rebellious gang. I would not think he would be completely disobedient.

As for Bulbasaur, I think he's the most loyal out of the three starters, and I could not see him lashing out against Ash.

I think Charazard was disobedient because he just evolved too fast, thus losing trust in his trainer. Hey, I would lose trust in him too if he kept on losing huge battles.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I doubt they would, especially Bulbasaur. Suirtle may have slightly, what with the way he was to begin with, but it would have been unlikely. Also, having multiple pokemon disobey would have gotten really old.

I don't really think that makes a difference. Infernape initially belonged to Paul yet it obeyed Ash (granted it lost control during Blaze but that wasn't due to disobedience towards Ash). Buizel was Dawn's at first and other than when he was still getting used to being a team player he was also obedient. Pignte as well and he never had any obedience issues. IMO Charizard's case was due to how he was treated by Damian and his prideful attitude (some PTSD issues maybe?) than the fact that he actually belonged to someone else.

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, this:
No, because logic dictates if they did one big disobedient pokemon in Season 1 they wouldn't do another two.

It would have got repetitive after a while doing it so much.

phanpycross

God-king
I really doubt it, Bulbasaur and squirtle always seemed way more stable then charmander ever did, and bulbasaur is basically an ivysaur at this point.

Bulbasaur not evolving always annoyed me as a kid, since it seemed more powerful in it's base stage then any of Ash's starters.

nickdt

I really doubt it, Bulbasaur and squirtle always seemed way more stable then charmander ever did, and bulbasaur is basically an ivysaur at this point.

Bulbasaur not evolving always annoyed me as a kid, since it seemed more powerful in it's base stage then any of Ash's starters.

Yes. But there you are naming the reason. He is more powerful in its base stage and he wants to let everybody know that.