• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If DC Characters had Pokemon Types

Rune Knight

Just for fun, I thought about what pokemon types would best suit each DC super hero/villain that I could think of at the top of my head. Here's my take, feel free to comment yours.

Superman/Supergirl - Flying/Steel

Batman/Batwoman - Dark/Fight

Wonderwoman - Fairy/Fight

Green Lantern - Psychic/Normal

Cyborg - Steel

Flash/Kid Flash - Electric

Aquaman - Water

Shazam - Electric/Flying

Martian Manhunter - Psychic

Green Arrow - Grass/Ghost

Black Canary - Normal/Fight

Nightwing - Fight/Dark

Vixen - Normal

Constantine - Normal/Ghost

Swamp Thing - Water/Ground

Hawkgirl/Hawkman - Flying

Firestorm - Fire

Deadshot - Normal/Dark

Black Lightning - Electric/Fight

Atom - Normal/Steel

Brainiac - Steel/Psychic

Robin - Fight

Starfire - Fire/Psychic

Raven - Ghost/Dark

Beast Boy - Normal/Fairy

Blue Beatle - Bug/Fight

Lex Luthor - Normal/Psychic

Joker - Dark/Normal

Harley Quinn - Dark/Fairy

Poison Ivy - Poison

Reverse Flash - Electric/Dark

Mr. Freeze - Ice

Cheetah - Normal/Ground

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I'd put the Joker with Poison myself. Because Joker Venom.

I'd give Sinestro Dark and Fighting. He is both the galactic master of fear and has the strongest will in the universe, canonically.

And I'd give Zatanna Psychic, Fairy and Ghost.

Fire and Ice should be paired with their obvious types.

Booster Gold calls for Fighting, Steel and Dragon.

Blue Beetle(Both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes) should be Bug, Flying and Steel.

The Batman Who Laughs would have Poison, Steel, Dark and Fighting

Deadshot...Water(Inteleon), no question.

And now for my obscure pick...

Uncle Sam would have Fighting, Ghost and Psychic(He is a talismanic spirit of the US's patriotism and will, so he fits)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d actually think Cyborg would be Steel/Electric to not only show off his robotic characteristics but also his knowledge about technology.

Martian Manhunter would be better suited as Psychic/Ghost since he can become intangible at will just like other ghost Pokémon such as Gengar.

Poison Ivy is definitely Poison/Grass because she has shown weakness to fire and extremely heat before and her body has chlorophyll in it just like a plant. Plus she has total control over plant life much like Venusaur or Trevanant.

The Marvel Family I think would all get different type combos. Billy would be Electric/Flying. Mary would be Billy’s female counterpart. Freddy would be Electric/Fighting to represent how he is stronger powered up and overcomes being physically handicapped. Eugene would be Electric/Steel to represent his powers of controlling technology. Pedro would be Electric/Fighting because of his strength. And Darla would be Electric/Normal because she is the smallest of the family and the fastest which a lot of the smaller Normal types tend to have good stats in.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
More of the Batman villains:

• The Riddler - Psychic/Dark
  • The Penguin - Ice
Robin could probably be pure Flying. Krypto the Superdog would be Normal/Flying, because he's a dog that can fly. I also think Poison Ivy should be Grass/Poison too, as opposed to pure Poison.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Batman: Fighting/Dark
Batwoman: Fighting/Dark
Nightwing: Fighting
Batgirl: Fighting
Damian Wayne: Fighting/Dark
Poison Ivy: Grass/Poison
Catwoman: Fighting/Dark
Harley Quinn: Normal/Dark
Joker: Dark/Poison
Mr. Freeze: Normal/Ice
Clayface: Rock
The Riddler: Normal
Twoface: Normal

Starfire: Fighting/Fire
Beast Boy: Normal
Cyborg: Steel/Electric
Raven: Ghost/Psychic or Dark/Psychic
Terra: Ground/Rock

Aquaman: Water/Fighting
Mera: Water
Black Manta: Steel

Superman: Steel/Fighting
Wonder Woman: Fighting

Lex Luthor: Normal
Cheetah: Normal

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wouldn't Lex Luthor be Normal/Dark, because he's a villain and villains are usually associated with Dark-types?
I think of him more of an anti-hero. I mean he isn’t wrong with his belief that if Superman is not put under some sort of control to restrict his powers, he could turn into an extremely and virtually unstoppable threat to humanity. And honestly I don’t see how the scientists under his employment count as being evil either. They’re just doing a job and usually Lex only acts out against Superman and not the rest of the world. The Injustice storyline is a perfect example of how dangerous an unchecked Superman can become.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I personally made Lex Luthor as Normal/Psychic because:

1) He has a normal human physiology.
2) He has a great mind.

I don’t think intelligence automatically means psychic. Not when there are characters with actual psychic powers running around.

Also, Lex doesn’t see himself as evil, hence why no Dark type.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think intelligence automatically means psychic. Not when they’re are characters with actual psychic powers running around.

Also, Lex doesn’t see himself as evil, hence why no Dark type.
Exactly. Maybe he did some really terrible things during Superman’s early comic book days but Lex never really did anything that would have killed millions worldwide like the Joker with his Joker Toxin. Lex just wants to get Superman’s powers in control in the event he goes off the deep end and starts going on a rampage. Batman has had the same fear which is why he had a secret weapon that he’d use should this ever happened which is what Batman Vs Superman was about. Superman can easily snap a person’s neck like a twig, shatter someone with his freeze breath, and even burn a hole through an innocent person’s head with his heat vision. So you can’t really say Lex is a villain and deserves to be a Dark Type when he has the best intentions of keeping innocent people safe from a virtually unstoppable being.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Batman who laughs would be Dark and Poison
Joker's Poison
Batman is Dark/Fighting
Martian Manhunter is Psychic
Wonder Woman would be Fighting
Superman would be Flying/Steel
Lex would be Normal(/Psychic when he's 'Superman' Lex)
Shazam would be Electric/Psychic
Aquaman: Water (lol)
Cyborg: Steel
Damian Wayne: Dark/Fighting
Starfire and Blackfire: Fire/Flying
Beast Boy: Fighting
Raven: Dark/Psychic

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Spectre: Ghost/Dark