• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If homosexuality is not a mental disorder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Because you say they're different. R i g h t . . . In all actuality there is no consensus on whether or not the act of pedophilia causes stress, or whether the fear of retribution does, which would be no different than homosexuality...

b e c a u s e i t i s n ' t a n y d i f f e r e n t
How on earth can you say that homosexuality and pedophilia are the same? No one gets harmed by homosexuality, unlike pedophilia. Pedophilia is proven to be a mental disorder, while homosexuality is just another sexuality.

BigLutz

Banned
And besides, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, etc. all involve genders. "Underage Child" is not a gender. Pedophilia cannot be a sexuality.

That is pretty narrow minded, you assume that a person's sexual desire is only govern by their taste in gender.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Um... the catholic church is against pedophilia too. I realize that there are justifiable reasons to criticize the Catholic Church on their handling of pedo-priests, but did the pope make some statement supporting it?

I just said it's ironic. I didn't say anything about it being the Pope's fault.

How on earth can you say that homosexuality and pedophilia are the same? No one gets harmed by homosexuality, unlike pedophilia. Pedophilia is proven to be a mental disorder, while homosexuality is just another sexuality.

I was genuinely worried that this is what he was arguing, but couldn't be bothered to trawl through 11 pages to do it. Pathetic (and worrying) if true. Maybe a position in the Catholic Church should be pursued? A profession in which one is specifically required to be a homophobe. Providing this is what he meant of course.

BigLutz

Banned
Your sexuality is the sex you're attracted to. Young children is not a sex.

You assume that a pedophile is attracted to both male and female children. If you are straight are you attracted to all women? Fat? Skinny? Tall? Short? Ugly? Beautiful? No you have your own tastes toward a specific type of women. A person's sexuality goes beyond just simple "Male" or "Female" but in the type of person they are specifically attracted to.

no one is harmed by homosexuality?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4687209.stm
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=1467
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/noblesville-in/TADJFP7GJ752KHVQ9
http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=117714
http://sayencrowolf.net/2011/07/uk-news-most-gay-men-unaware-of-early-hiv-symptoms-hiv-aids/

yeah it's always fun, and consensual

on the other hand, no one ever charged as a pedophile ever turned around and married and lived a healthy life.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/04/23/man-charged-with-statutory-rape-marries-alleged-victim/
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/man_charged_with_statutory_rap.html

consent and harm do not differentiate homosexuality and pedophilia

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
True but how many people in the past or currently think that by being close to a homosexual means that they are going to suddenly jump you and rape you in some back alley? Same could be said to people who suddenly think pedophiles will attack their children the moment they see them.

This is the heart of why your argument is poor. You're comparing a well-documented disorder that's connected to a crime and suffered misconceptions to something that has just suffered misconceptions. The same cannot be said for people who think pedophiles will attack their children, because unless they are celibate pedophiles, they will!

It's like defending vampires. Maybe the majority of them drink pig blood. But that still won't help their reputation.

spareux

maldición
A paedophile can imagine themselves having a normal, healthy sexual relationship with someone who is not only biologically immature but emotionally unfit to be part of such a relationship. They might even see themselves as being able to successful maintain an emotional relationship with a child, like really believe that it's possible for them.

Gay people like people of the same gender as them. This could mean that a paedophile identifies as homosexual as well, but saying a gay paedophile and a gay man are to be lumped in the same category is no different than saying the same of a straight paedophile and a straight man.

It's really just common sense, people. Put aside implanted opinions that you're predisposed to and look at the stripped back common sense of it.

Also quoting homosexual rape in prisons is a bit silly. That happens in many countries, and is more an act of desperation due to the extended periods of isolation rather than being based on sexual orientation. You might put that as 'Gay people don't rape men in prisons; men rape men in prisons'. I've also never heard of unexpected teenage pregnancies from a man raping a man outside of prisons but that's another story.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

You assume that a pedophile is attracted to both male and female children. If you are straight are you attracted to all women? Fat? Skinny? Tall? Short? Ugly? Beautiful? No you have your own tastes toward a specific type of women. A person's sexuality goes beyond just simple "Male" or "Female" but in the type of person they are specifically attracted to.
No, it doesn't. That's your preferences. Your sexuality is the sex you are attracted to. If it wasn't, then there would be endless sexualities.

But those are individuals. Just because a gay man raped someon doesn't mean that homosexuals are bad as a whole. If two men fall in love and marry, no one is harmed.

BTW, what if homosexuality is a mental disorder? Two men having consensual sex. Horrible. Sounds like a pretty minor disorder to me.

BigLutz

Banned
This is the heart of why your argument is poor. You're comparing a well-documented disorder that's connected to a crime and suffered misconceptions to something that has just suffered misconceptions. The same cannot be said for people who think pedophiles will attack their children, because unless they are celibate pedophiles, they will!

It's like defending vampires. Maybe the majority of them drink pig blood. But that still won't help their reputation.

It won't help their reputation but again how long ago was it that people believed homosexuals would rape them when they had the chance? If pedophiles were going to jump and attack children when they had the chance there would be alot more child rapes then there currently is. Mind you most pedophiles do reframe from their thoughts and live healthy sexual relationships with adult women or men.

~Sapphire Sceptile~ said:
No, it doesn't. That's your preferences. Your sexuality is the sex you are attracted to. If it wasn't, then there would be endless sexualities.

Mind you sexuality is a human concept that we pigeonhole a person's specific attraction into

Last edited:

Geekachu

But those are individuals. Just because a gay man raped someon doesn't mean that homosexuals are bad as a whole. If two men fall in love and marry, no one is harmed.
Your'e missing the point (for the millionth time). Homosexuality and Pedophilia can both harm the people involved in some situations, but they can both not harm the people involved in other situations. There is no difference when it comes to harm.

Grei

not the color
lol, nice try, but nah, you dropped the ball just admit it.

How about instead of just shouting "NO YOU MESSED UP BLAAAH BLAH BLAH" you actually act like a mature individual? I never claimed that bisexuality doesn't exist. I said that you can't be two very opposing sexualities, which is true.

mattj said:
Homosexuality means attracted to the same sex. Heterosexuality means attracted to the opposite sex. Bisexuality means attracted to both. You can argue wishywashy definitions all you want, but you're the one who looked like an idiot, then called out another for calling you out. God you're great!Because you say they're different. R i g h t . . .

Because they aren't defined simply by attraction, they are also defined by the lack of attraction. At least, that's how I define them, which is apparently different from everyone else.

You seem to think you've won this debate or something. Just letting you know, you haven't.

mattj said:
In all actuality there is no consensus on whether or not the act of pedophilia causes stress, or whether the fear of retribution does, which would be no different than homosexuality...

However, there's a consensus on what a mental disorder is--something that causes distress and harm to others and the individual. Pedophiles who are not distressed by their thoughts do not technically have the mental disorder of "pedophilia."

mattj said:
b e c a u s e i t i s n ' t a n y d i f f e r e n t

Actually, it is. You can stupidly space out your words all you want, but repeatedly going "ITS NO DIFFERENT" does not make it so. You have to do better than that to prove fact wrong.

mattj said:
Your lack of statistics is astounding! I don't care about the cause. You said that homos don't have a higher risk of HIV. In reality, they do. Sorry if you don't like reality.

Are you, by any chance, 12? Your lack of understanding is the astounding thing here.

You should care about the cause, because that poll does nothing to help you. Homosexuals aren't at higher risk of HIV, and that poll does not show that homosexuals are more likely to get HIV, no matter how many times that you insist that it does. It shows that more homosexuals that were polled had HIV. Again, it showed correlation, not causation, and what you need here is causation.

Mind you the only reason we pair up pedophilia with other sexualities is because we have not created a pigeon hole catagory for it like we have for other sexualities.

read this:

And besides, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, etc. all involve genders. "Underage Child" is not a gender. Pedophilia cannot be a sexuality.

Besides, this isn't even the topic of debate. I simply said all of this because someone decided that pedophilia should be considered an orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.