• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

if i dont use iv's, ev's and all that stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakshow

Jibaku
EV training is a mechanism created by the creators and are MEANT to be used. They're just hidden to give you another challenge to find it. Fortunately, we have websites

Rudoku

Your mom
EV training is a mechanism created by the creators and are MEANT to be used. They're just hidden to give you another challenge to find it. Fortunately, we have websites

If they really wanted you to not care about EVs, then they would've kept the system used in the rbygsc games. Hell, they probably could've if they never made crap like Blissey that doesn't deserve max stats all around.

"L"

I've been playing Pokemon games since Yellow and I just found out what the hell EV's were (still don't know about IV's) a few months ago. After looking into it a bit and realizing what an impact they had on competitive play, I thought..."I so do NOT have the time for this." Seriously, I hardly have the time to train the normal way. The process is just too damn time-consuming, especially after observing my brother spend hours on end just trying to EV-train a single Pokemon.

So yeah, I don't give a damn about conformity, non-conformity, competitive play, "just enjoying the damn game", or sprites' "feelings". I just can't afford to invest all that time.

That's why people tend to NB. I on the other hand, have a lot of time(unless exams are approaching), and now instead of wasting it growing berries, I can actually train. Besides, the new bracelets make EV training a breeze since they automatically add 4 EVs to one of your stat, ontop of the EVs recieved from battle

Yuuki

Feel Good
i really dont understand all the ev n iv stuff. even in natures. i even read it and its still confusing. Do u know where i could find plain english?

IV's are sort of like a Pokemon's genes. Depending on the value of a certain IV, the corresponding stat will be above or below average. Some people like to get really high IV's, but this can take forever. If you're a little interested, just keep catching/breeding a Poke for a while and then compare their stats to each other, then begin training the one with the best stats for its purpose.

EV's are the fruits of training. By fighting fast Pokes, your Pokemon learns to become faster, etc. By beating a large number of fast Pokes, your Pokemon will be a lot faster than others of its species who fought, say, strong Pokes. Each Poke gives EV's when it's beaten (refer to the charts on Serebii.net) to every conscious Pokemon that fought it. For every 4 EV's (to a maximum of 255) in a stat, your Poke gets one extra point to that stat upon level up. The Macho Brace doubles the EV's received for the equipped Pokemon, as does Pokerus.

Every personality affects a Pokemon's stats in a positive and negative way (or not at all). For example, a Timid Pokemon would be rather jumpy, resulting in its speed being boosted by 10%. However, as it's easily frightened, it would be reluctant (perhaps even terrified) to go up to a Pokemon and strike it, meaning its attack is weakened by 10%.

If you still don't understand something, direct us to the problem and we'll try to help.

Dark Tornadicus

< Rub mah Belly!!!
Im not to familiar with iv's, but ev's its kinda a default effort( example, my venasaur is spec. sweep. fights anything that doesnt give atk. ev's)

except for the main ppl. its really tiresome though, but i compare to world of warcraft. so it eases the pain :)

Mitja

Veteran smartass
except for the main ppl. its really tiresome though, but i compare to world of warcraft. so it eases the pain :)

yeah!11
i just think about all the wasted time i spent into ragnarok online for getting to lvl 99.............
i trained longer than 1 year and got to lvl98 with 40% till 99

to train evs IS NOTHING...its so easy....and it doesnt take much time away o_o
just train at the right place with the macho band lol
to me these few mins for training all the evs on 1 poke are nothing xD

LocoUser16

Beware the Tobybro!
If you don't want to waste time with all that Wi-Fi stuff, there's still Netbattle/Competitor. Thats what they were made for, so you don't have to waste time with EV training and all that in-game nonsense. I myself would take the time to do it, though IV's I really wouldn't bother with

Shnitzel_12

In the games, kids would just give any vitamins they get to their strongest pkmn. Imagine giving a carbos(speed) to a dusclops. HE STILL WOULDN'T attack first. Natures are the most undeterminable thing ever unless you use the method with an everstone

poke_rulez17

Dialga Master
You might have trouble if youre battling competively but if you get good natures, which is really easy,youll have a slightly higher chance of winning.Of course ev,and ivs would give you an extremely higher chance of winning

Mello

Serial Fangirl
"EVs" are the only ones that you train onto your Pokemon. IVs and HVs are already there, and you can't change them, you only take advantage of them. EVs are needed to get absolute maximum stats, but of all Pokemon players, only about 15% actually use EVs. They require a bit of work but they are useful. I don't EV train all of my Pokemon, and when I do I only go about half way (Like, I EV train my Pokemon to a fair amount, but don't go to Max Stat). I'm usually fine, but I'm still defeated by the top EV Trainers. If you want to be unbeatable, then you need to EV train. If you just want to have fun, and don't care if you lost, you're fine the way you are ;).

Anole

Aipom Trainer
QFT. especially with the new ev training items which im surprised nobody has mentioned yet.

Oh?

I hafta say I just don't have the time for EV training. It's really annoying 'cos you stand no chance against people who have been able to breed for ages and get EV's/IV's all how they want...it's kinda ruined the game in my opinion, as if it wasn't bad enough that alot of Pokemon are so unbalanced stat wise already.

Rudoku

Your mom
Oh?

I hafta say I just don't have the time for EV training. It's really annoying 'cos you stand no chance against people who have been able to breed for ages and get EV's/IV's all how they want...it's kinda ruined the game in my opinion, as if it wasn't bad enough that alot of Pokemon are so unbalanced stat wise already.

It only takes 30 minutes to an hour, and most of that time is because those old rich guys don't want to give you any free money by beating their Roselia/Chatot up.

??????

That guy.
I dont even understand all the ev and iv stuff. i just needit in plain engish

The carter

Marsh Trainer
i usually pick up the beneficial nature and dont care about evs. will it still be hard to battle? i actually think evs ruin the game. the natures are good though

I totally agree , cause EV's and all that have nothing to do wit hactual skill. Imo the strengt of your pokemon should be determent by HOW you battle and WHO you battle and WICh level your opponent is AND if you are super effective or NOT. Hopefully they implement this in the 5th gen.

But I also dont give a **** about EV's although I do give my legendaries carbon and stuff (been doing that since silver so) But thats about it ,dont give a bleep about natures to or IV's , they indeed ruin the game, cause I dont have time to have a level 80 pokemon and keep fighting against a thousand zubats to improve my speed. And to do that with a Whole lot of pokemon. No thanks.... I will let pokemon geeks EV train pokemon for ME and then trade over Wi-Fi for them

sixonesix

VGC player
Personally, I keep EVs in mind, but I still don't get IVs. What's wrong with putting 4 HP, 252 SP.Atk, 252 Spd into a random Modest Gengar anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.