• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

if i dont use iv's, ev's and all that stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

the legend master

Im still not changing.

xgina

Banned
Well, random Battle Tower people over Wi-Fi that I've fought have had things like Double-edge Blissey, so you could probably win some.
I beat him.

RPG Maker

Lost Dreamer
I spend a decent amount of time looking for the right nature for the pokemon I want. I don't want to spend any more with EVs.

Hype_chao

Eevee FTW!
Ehh, I care not for IV's, EV's or Natures, I just go with the flow and kick butt on the way.
You still stand a chance against competitive people if you raise them wihtout caring, coz whether you like it or not, you're gaining EV's as you battle your way through the game.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Im afriad 9/10 times a non ev/iv/nature etc... trainer will lose to a person that does train with them in mind.

In other words, to put it bluntly, ur pokemon will completely and utterly suck and be ripped to shreds.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Good for you, just have fun with the game, that's whats most important. Winning on wifi could become rather difficult, but you can't win'um all anyway. IVs and EVs are for those people that try to make the best possible teams on the Metagame, but their are enough other ways to have a fun battle, especially if you know trainers that train the same way as you do.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
natures and evs are very important =)
-natures decide which stat gets a 10% boost and which gets 10% lowered
-evs= if fight pokes that have greater speed stat than other, then u'll have 63 more speed at lvl 100 than u'd have with fighting other pokes

they both make significant differences
its worth the time (it doenst take that long if u arent a perfectionist)

as for IVs....they can get one of ur stats 0-15 lower or above the average
thats not that important, but i always look for the stats i need the most to atlast be over average

these features are what make pokemon games more interesting and make everyone feel that pokemon isnt a game for little kids....=q

Garbs

It is very true though that IV's and EV's are very important for competitive battling.

I never used to worry about those things because i never used to battle anyone outside of NPC's in-game.

However, now with Wi-Fi battling, i'm looking into starting up EV training so i stand more of a chance in the competitive battling group.

If i have the time though, i'll likely have a second Wi-Fi team that wasn't EV trained so that i can battle someone fairly if they havn't EV trined their pokemon.

-Garbs-

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
thats not that important, but i always look for the stats i need the most to atlast be over average[/QUOTE]

Uh, I think that its 0-30. It has been since RSE came out :p

But, EV training kicks-***. I can try and pwn people with my h4xx0rz pogiez ^^

Mitja

Veteran smartass
thats not that important, but i always look for the stats i need the most to atlast be over average

Uh, I think that its 0-30. It has been since RSE came out :p

But, EV training kicks-***. I can try and pwn people with my h4xx0rz pogiez ^^[/QUOTE]

they're 0-31 o_O
with average i meant something like 15 =P
they can get lower 1-15 or boost 1-15
so 0-31 =)

Mew3

Kill `em!
Well, if it's for Wi-Fi, then you'll just get pwned. Even the King of Ubers Mewtwo can be pwned by a Hitmonchan if KoUM has 0 in each IV, a Docile nature and is not EV trained. You'll just get pwned.

Redeevee

yeah i dont really know what they are. i dont use them. i just play. ( i know they're on serebii and i could find them if i wanted to)

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I never used to EV and IV train in Ruby and Sapphire, but have recently started in the past year on Emerald.

evilclise

time ripper
I like to play games when they are challenging. so instead of using powerful creatures, such as tyranitar, and not caring about the iv's, ev's, and using sheer power to survive [ubers and semi-ubers]; i use pokemon such as houndoom, ariados, a starter, fearow, and ampharos to win. with pokemon such as those, i have to use ev training and get good iv's and movesets, even to survive just the gymleaders, elite four, and random NPCs. my sixth guy on my team is another way i suvive: depending on what i am about to fight, i select a pokemon from the wild that has a type advantage over some of my upcoming enemies, ev train it, and battle. occasionally, using this method, i do indeed lose [most often to the elite four]. but that does not make it any less fun for someone like me. all it does, is make the game more of a challenge, and with challenge comes fun.

so on my stand to ev/iv training: without it, i would lose a whole lot more, would spend even longer to beat the elite four [using things like mirror move and thunder wave], would be laughed at as my sister uses similar statagem as the one stated above [similar because one of her guys is a tyranitar and the rest are things like gyrados] and would have less fun.

those ivs really do make a huge difference as well [some of you are apperently bashing them].
"how do you know?" you may ask:
occasionally, i'm on my last guy, and i win, because i survived by ~5 hit points [sometimes less, sometimes more].
if i did not have max individual values in hit points on most of my guys: then those extra 5 hp would not be there for me to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.