• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If I was a Pokemon Trainer (Rated G)

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
I haven't posted a normal Fic yet so please read and review.
Basically, this fanfiction is how me and my friend's lives would be like if we were Pokemon trainers. I changed our names to protect our privacy but other than that thats it.
This fic is rated G and I don't own Pokemon. (Seriously I don't) I also use Japanese names. If you bother to read this, then please tell me what I can improve on. Here are the English names for you English-dub watchers (I don't mean that in a mean way, just so you know. ;) ) I read the rules and I did my best to follow them. Please don't hate me!
Dr. Nanakamado/Professor Rowan Pochama/Piplup Hikozaru/Chimchar Neatle/Turtwig Shirona/Cynthia Giblias/Garchomp Friendly Shop/Pokemart Ayako/Me Kyara/My BFF Anbu/My other BFF Akiko/My little sis Gazeru/My big sis. Without further ado,
Chapter One: Sleepless Night

I lay in bed, staring at the clock as the second hand moved around, and around. Why couldn’t time go any faster? Actually, a better question would be “Why couldn’t I go to sleep any faster?” My journey would start tomorrow! I sighed impatiently. Why didn’t I start my Pokémon journey in January, when I turned ten? Oh right; that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Happy Birthday, Ayako-chan!” the cheers from my two friends, Kyara and Anbu, rang around me.

“Blow out the candles!” Mama urged me.

I took a deep breath and exhaled in the direction of my soccer themed Birthday cake. All ten candles flickered and died as my hot breath blew past. Everyone cheered.

“Did you wish for anything?” Kyara asked excitedly. Kyara was a thin girl with chin length dark brown hair and sea blue eyes. I had always been jealous of her eyes, since mine were normal and brown, not a rare color like hers.

“Kya, you know I don’t do that anymore!” I said in mock offence.

“I know!” Kyara sang “I was teasing!”

“I wish we were ten years old.” Anbu sighed wistfully. Anbu was a heavyset girl with sandy blonde hair, like mine only thicker, that went down to her waist. She also had blue eyes.

I was the oldest of my friends, by three months, as they were both born in April.

“Don’t worry.” I said cheerfully “I already decided I’ll wait ‘till you guys can become trainers and then I’ll start my journey on the same day you start, and we’ll all go forward together!”

“That would be great!” Kyara and Anbu yelled together punching their fists in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sighed again. Anbu had turned ten this morning and Kyara three days before. I sighed for the third time in one minute. I was never going to get to sleep. I sighed once again, and heard a voice from the next bed.

“Onee-chan, just because you can’t sleep you shouldn’t make everyone else suffer.” It was Akiko my younger sister. Akiko had shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes and, despite being younger than me, was two whole inches taller than me.

I played dumb, so she’d talk to me longer “What do you mean?” I asked

“That sighing!” Akiko said, exasperated “You keep sighing over and over!”

“Sorry.” I murmured “I’m just really excited and I can’t sleep!”

“Don’t rub it in.” Akiko said “Some of us have to wait a bit longer than others.”

I sighed and reached over to grab the postcard from Dr. Nanakamado and look over it for the billionth time. It looked like every other postcard in the world, except for the three starter Pokémon pictured on the back. I read the postcard again. It said:
Dear, Ayako-san,
I smiled. I loved reading that part. Nobody had ever called me Ayako-san before.
Our records indicate that you have turned ten years old. As you undoubtedly know, turning ten means you are old enough to receive a Pokémon License. If you accept this license you have the right to capture and train Pokémon of your choosing in the designated areas. With said license you can obtain the materials of your requirement for free from the following chain stores:
Friendly Shop®
Pokemeds: Extreme and Beyond ®
Pokémon Center®
Stud’s Outdoor Sporting Equipment®
Trainer Port®
Pokechic®
With the license handy, you can also enter Pokémon Contests and most Pokémon leagues, as well as enter gym matches. If you are interested in becoming a breeder, you may inquire about how you can obtain a license for that. Pictured below are the Pokémon you can choose for your first Pokémon.
Neatle: The grass type
Pochama: The water type
Hikozaru: The fire type
After you choose one of these Pokémon, you will receive a Pokedex (the color of your choosing) and six Monster Balls (One of which is your chosen starter’s) Please call me to set up an appointment to receive your Pokémon.
Best of Luck,
Dr. Nanakamado​

I smiled again. Me, Kyara, and Anbu had decided to get our Pokémon on the same day and travel together since we all had different goals and wouldn’t rivals. I wanted to be the Shinou Champion! That meant I had to defeat Shirona, the current champion, first. I sighed again, thinking about how great that would be.

Kyara wanted to be a Top Coordinator, and Anbu wanted to be a breeder. Anbu had already called dibs on Neatle, so Kyara and I would have to choose between Pochama and Hikozaru.

I wonder which Pokémon I should choose for my first. I thought.

I groaned inwardly. I had forgotten that I would have to choose. Neither Pochama or Hikozaru were strong against Dragon/Ground types like Shirona’s “go-to” Pokémon Gablias. I sighed again, much to my little sister’s displeasure.

“Will you stop that?” Akiko hissed over to me.

“Sorry!”

I suppressed another sigh and went back to my silent debate. Hikozaru would eventually evolve into Goukazaru, which was a fire/fighting type. Still not good against Gablias.

Then I realized something; my older sister Gazeru (I snickered at her name, which meant Gazelle) had started her journey with Pochama a year before me. If I chose Pochama people might think I copied her. I almost sighed again when I realized that people probably would think I copied her, since I did that a lot when I was little. It was a good point so I went with it. I would start with Hikozaru tomorrow.

I sighed (very quietly) and snuggled down into my covers. Reading and thinking so late at night had made me tired. I blinked sleepily in the light of my little sister’s nightlight. Tomorrow I would be a trainer. I smiled at the thought and fell asleep still smiling.

I hope this is long enough. Please review!

Last edited:

NinjaScepSneasel

Reviewer and writer
Well done! It's very well written, and I can't really see any problems (although you didn't really need the flash back marks). I have a question - why are you using te japaneese names? It just makes things more confusing.

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
I personally think the English dub has issues and I prefer the Japanese names, cuz if you know what they mean they're cuter.

Last edited:

NinjaScepSneasel

Reviewer and writer
They do indeed! And ok, if that's what you think. I've probably already said, but the down point of using the japaneese names is that it can make things confusing.

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
Ok, I'm back now. It took longer to write the next chapter than I thought. I should have known I would've fit Ikarishipping in here somewhere, so now me and my siblings are somehow the children of Hikari and Shinji (even though we all have brown blonde and strawberry blonde hair). Oh well. Please R and R.
Translations: Momoko/my youngest sibling Mom/Hikari/Dawn (I forgot this one last time) Monsterball/Pokeball Hanako/my other BFF's little sis Hinata/My other BFF's youngest little sis Hayashigame/Grotle Jun/my little brother Urimoo/Swinub Pochama/Piplup (I made Pochama a little OOC) Dad/Shinji/Paul
Without further ado...
Chapter 2:
A Journey Begins!

The next morning I woke up at six ‘o clock to the sound of my cell phone alarm clock beeping loudly. As I reached over to turn it off I heard a groan from Akiko.

“Why is your alarm going off?” she whined “What time is it?”

“It’s 6:00” I replied, getting out of bed sleepily “go back to sleep.”
She responded by groaning dramatically and rolling over. I took a flashlight out of my nightstand drawer and flipped it on. I gazed around my room as I headed to my chest of drawers. It was decently sized, with “baby blue” walls and a full-sized mirror as the door to our closet. There were two beds in the room. One was a bunk bed which Akiko shared with the youngest in our family, Momoko, and the other one was my queen sized bed, which I had
convinced my parents not to give to Akiko when I left on my journey.

I reached my drawers and opened the top one. I had put the clothes I was going to wear on my journey on top of everything else the night before and had no trouble getting them. I went into our bathroom which, when you open the door to our room, was on the far right. I went in and looked around the bathroom too. It was average sized and beach themed with shells and pictures everywhere. Opposite of where the door I came through was, there was another door that led to where *snicker* Gazeru’s room was.

I took off my pajamas and changed into my travel clothes. I had chosen a pair of light blue jeans, a dark blue polo shirt, and a white baseball cap. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. It didn’t look that bad. I tried putting the hat on sideways. To my surprise it looked awesome. If you ignored the length of my hair I looked just like a boy. I smiled at my reflection and it smiled with me.

A flutter took over my stomach and I held my breath to keep myself from squealing in anticipation. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and hair at maximum speed before skipping out of the bathroom and into my room. I had packed a backpack the night before and I was pretty much ready so I went downstairs to eat.

Downstairs Mom was awake and up, making Kish.

“I knew you’d be up early.” She smiled at me “I’m making your favorite breakfast; lots of it in fact, so eat as much as you want.”

I looked at the batter in the mixing bowl “Um.”

“After I’m done baking it.” Mom said, rolling her eyes.

“That makes more sense!” I said cheerfully.

Mom poured the Kish batter into a pan. “Kyara and Anbu are coming over for breakfast in about a half an hour” She informed me as she slipped the batter into the oven “and you’ll be leaving right afterwards so double-check your backpack and make sure you have everything.”

I nodded and headed over to where my backpack hung on a rack.

“Could you tell me the list again?” I asked, taking it off of the rack and opening it.

“Sure” Mom agreed “Six pairs of underwear?”

“Check.” I said, I said pulling the items out as she named them off.

“Face wash?” she asked.

I pulled out a blue squeeze bottle of the stuff “Check.”

“A copy of this year’s family portrait?”

I pulled out the laminated photo “Check.”

“An extra pair of jeans?”

I dug through until I found them “Check.”

“Eight pairs of socks?”

I pulled them out “Check.”

“Those special Monster Balls your father got for your Birthday?”

I left those in there since the space around me was getting cluttered

“Check.”

“A winter coat? It’s still only spring you know!”

“Check.” I said “All of the stuff like the tent, food and cooking supplies will be brought by Anbu.”

“Don’t get so dependent on Anbu-chan that you forget that you have to grow too.” Mom warned me “Help her with those once in awhile and take responsibility for yourself.”

I was saved from a lecture from Mom by the sound of the doorbell.

“I thought you said they would be here in a half an hour?” I mused getting up and walking towards the mudroom.

“That’s what I thought they said.” Mom said getting up too “Well go let them in, while I check on the Kish.”

I doubled my speed and raced towards the door. I flung it open to see my friends in their travel clothes and backpacks on their backs. I looked them over.

Anbu was wearing dark blue jeans with a brown belt and her shirt was a red V-neck. She had her long sandy blonde hair pulled back into one braid. She was carrying a large hiking backpack that, I was sure, only Anbu could carry. I looked at Kyara.

She was wearing a blue jean mini-skirt and a yellow halter top that showed off her dark brown hair well. She had taken the top layer of her hair into two pigtails at the sides of her head, tied with yellow ribbon. She wore a small orange knapsack with one strap.

“You guys look awesome!” I cried hugging them both.

“So do you.” Kya said eying me up and down “But, you know you really should wear more pastel colors…”

“Nope” I cut her off abruptly “End of discussion.”

“Ok ok.” Kya said rolling her eyes. “I’m just saying.”

“I know, I know.” I sighed “I just don’t like bright colors.”

Anbu put a hand on my shoulder “I know” she said with a look at Kyara “You look nice in either one.”

Anbu was the sweetest brown-noser I had ever met.

“Let’s go inside.” I said “It may be warm out here when you’re walking but not when you’re standing still.”

Anbu and Kyara murmured agreement and we stepped inside. The mudroom of my house was a bi-level oak floored room with a few coat racks and umbrella stands decorating it. Anbu and Kyara slipped off their tennis shoes and slipped on a pair of slippers.

Kyara sniffed the air “Mm, breakfast smells good!” she said “What’s your mom making?”

“Kish” I replied happily “my favorite kind too!”

“I’m going to miss your mom’s Kish.” Anbu said wistfully “Maybe I can get her recipe…” her voice trailed off as she was lost in thought.

Kyara and I exchanged a glance. Anbu would find it the hardest to adjust to traveling. All of her older siblings had left on their journeys a long time ago, and because of that Anbu was very close to her two younger sisters and would miss them dearly.

Kyara patted Anbu’s back “Don’t worry Hanako and Hinata will be fine” she assured our worried friend “just because you’re as clumsy as a Hayashigame doesn’t mean they will be too!”

“Kyatan!” I cried.*

Anbu started laughing “That’s not exactly what I was worried about but it certainly helps!”

Mom’s voice came from the kitchen “Girls! Breakfast is ready!”

We looked at each other “Coming!” we shouted.

We ran to the kitchen to see that Akiko and my little brother Jun** were already at the table, devouring their portions.

“You little Urimoo!” I cried, racing to get the pan before they could eat any more of the delicious breakfast “You can’t eat all of that! We wanted some.”

I looked in dismay at the meager remains at the bottom of the baking pan.

“I made that pan for your siblings.” Mom came into the dining room, carrying another pan of Kish “This pan is for you and your friends, but since Jun and
Akiko have eaten so much of their pan, save some for Momoko.”

“Ok!” I agreed in delight. I stared at the delicious looking Kish in the pan.

Mom set the pan down “Ayako, please get me the spatula from the kitchen.”

“Ok!” I ran into our stainless-steel themed kitchen. I had never really liked it because of how cold everything always was, but Mom and Dad had decided to make everything Stainless-steel because it didn’t crack like the granite counters we used to have.

I located the spatula, but was quickly distracted by screaming from the dining room.

“Pochama!!! No you can’t eat that!! No!”

Oh no. That meant my mother’s Pochama had eaten our Kish. I let my head drop onto the table.

Dang it! I thought So much for a perfect breakfast.

I raised my head and went cautiously back into the dining room. I sweatdropped at the sight. Akiko was chasing Pochama around the table while Kyara tried to comfort a crying Momoko (who had come downstairs since I was last in the dining room) and Jun was laughing his head off. Anbu just stood there, staring, and Mom was sitting with her head in her hands.

“What happened?” I shouted above the noise.

“Pochama ate our breakfast.” Anbu said dejectedly.

I knew it. I sighed and walked over to where Akiko and Urimoo were creating a rut in the carpet. I waited until Pochama passed me again and picked it up.

“Pochaaa!” It cried, struggling against my grip on its sides.

Akiko bumped into me “You caught him!”

Mom walked up to me “Pochama return.” She said with a sigh. A beam of red
light came from her Monsterball and engulfed Pochama, turning it to energy.

She turned to us “I’m sorry girls.” she apologized “It’s too late to make more before you leave.”

“It’s ok, Mom.” I assured her. “We can pick something up at a fast-food place or something.”

Mom looked skeptical “You should start your journey with a full stomach though.”

“Don’t worry, Hikari-san*” Kyara said, leaving the now calm Momoko “We’ll be fine. We can just leave early.”

Mom hesitated.

“We’ll be fine.” Anbu said “Daijoubou, right?”

When she was younger, Mom’s catch phrase was “Daijoubou” or “No need to worry” which always drove Dad nuts because she would get in trouble every time she said that.

“Right.” Mom said, looking relieved. She gasped “Wait right here.”

Mom returned a few minutes later with four gift-wrapped packages.

“These are for you” She handed each of us one of the smaller packages “and the fourth one is for Anbu-chan.” She continued, giving Anbu the larger one.

We all tore open our packages. I gasped. It was a Poketch™! I tore through the plastic box and slipped the Poketch™ over my wrist. It was light green, with all of the features ever invented for the Poketch™ preinstalled! I adjusted the strap to fix my skinny wrist. I looked over at Kyara and Anbu. Kyara was triumphantly trying out everything the watch could do, while Anbu put it around her wrist and opened the other package.

“A Pokegear™! She cried. I looked over her shoulder at the red, blackberry-like object in her hand.

“Cool!” I cried, reaching over “could I see it?”

“Sure!” Anbu handed me the Pokegear™ “Just don’t break it.”

“I wouldn’t do that.” I said, looking over the electronic “This is really High-Tech. Where did you get it, Mom?”

“Your grandmother sent it to me to give to Anbu for her Birthday.” Mom replied “Here is the owner’s manual.”

“Thanks.” Anbu murmured distractedly, taking the small booklet from Mom.

Mom looked in the direction of the stairs “Where is your father?” she asked
impatiently “He should be down here by now.”

She walked over to the slightly curved stairs “Shinji!!!” she screamed “Get down here and tell your daughter Good-bye!!!”

A voice trailed down from upstairs “I’m coming, I’m coming!”

A few seconds later Dad’s lilac head appeared “You didn’t have to yell. I was coming.” He turned to me “I wouldn’t let my second oldest leave without saying goodbye.”

I smiled at him. He smiled back and knelt down. I was 5’8” but at 6’9” Dad still had to kneel down to talk to me. He held out his hand.

“This is for you.” He said “I want you to keep it as a good-luck-charm.”

I looked at the item in his hand. It was his Brave Symbol!

“Daddy!” My voice squeaked involuntarily “I can’t take that! It’s your most prized badge!”

Dad smiled at me “That’s why I want you to have it.” He said “Your mother gave her very first ribbon to your sister when she left because she was going to compete in contests.” He continued “I’m giving you the proof of my hardest win since you’re competing in Gym Battles.”

I stared at the frontier symbol in my father’s hand “You really want me to take this?” I asked.

Dad nodded. I took the symbol from his hand.

“Thank you Daddy!”

“You’re welcome, Sweetie.” Dad leaned over and kissed my forehead. He stood up “Well, I hate goodbyes so I’ll make it short and sweet.” He kissed me again “Goo'-bye, Sweetheart.”

“I love you Daddy.” I said, hugging his waist, since I couldn’t reach any higher than that.

Mom came up, and I could see liquid in her eyes “Well, there’s no use in dragging this out anymore.” She said in a strangled voice “Your bikes are in the garage, where you left them yesterday.”

“Thanks, Mom.” I said kissing her cheek.

“Thanks, Hikari-san.” Kyara said. She had stopped playing with her Poketch™, and had come over to us “For being so kind to us or all these years.” She flashed her dazzling smile at all of us “I’ll miss coming over here to bicker about how to do our homework.”

“And I’ll miss the noise.” Mom said, looking relieved.

Dad put his arm around Mom’s shoulders “You girls should go so you reach Masago Town before noon. It’s not that far from here, but it’s still a three hour bike.”

“Yeah.” Anbu murmured “We should go.”

I turned to my younger siblings, who were gawking at the scene unfolding before them.

“You guys be good for Mommy, OK?” I said hugging Momoko, and Akiko.

“Especially you, Jun!”

Jun avoided my gaze, and took this as a chance to hug him. I leapt at him, and squeezed him tightly.

“Ack!” He cried “Onee-chan, that’s not fair!”

I ignored his protests “You become a blackbelt while I’m gone Ok?” I said. Dad and Jun, and Dad’s friend who was also named Jun, did Taekwondo together, and would be blackbelts next month.

Jun stopped struggling “You know I will.” He said determinedly.

I stood up.

“OK guys” I said “Let’s go.”

*Kyatan: Ayako was calling Kyara Kyatan as a nickname, Japanese high school girls often refer to themselves by such nicknames.
**I named my brother Jun because the name matched his personality best, NOT after Barry/Jun.

Last edited:

NinjaScepSneasel

Reviewer and writer
I'd say this chapter was probably worse than your first one. It wasn't too intresting, and it dragged on a bit. We know from your first chapter that you have the abylity. I would say you need to cut down with the diologue. It just made the story drag on more, and you could of easily just used indirect speech. You also could of just not explained the whole checklist - you should of put something like "I ran through the list, checking that I had packed everything.

On the plus side, your dragged out scene let Mom (Dawn's) charcter develop well, although the others didn't. Also, as far as I could see there were no problems with the grammer and spelling. But your story really needs to pick up the pace.

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
You're probably right. But I enjoy writing so I tend to make some things drag on a bit more than necessary. I'm also kinda nervous about making it too short, or not giving enough information. 'Tis the life of an Author who enjoys writing too much, but is afraid to tell people that she really wrote it. :'( I'm kinda embarrassed to tell my friends that I like Pokemon so much that I write fanfics on it, so I never get other people to read it before posting.

NinjaScepSneasel

Reviewer and writer
Neither do I! I also worry that my chapters will be too boring, and so I make sure I read over them a few times to see how intresting they really are (And to correct my terible spelling)