• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Journeys was the final appearances of companions (for a very long time) how did you feel about it?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
How do you about where they left off and what about their overall stories and goals that concluded?

Kein

AKA Silktree
Iris and Lillie were handled well. Sophocles and Serena got nice episodes, too. Dawn came back (again and again) for marketing with zero progress.

Looking forward to seeing Misty and Brock in the mini series.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I can't believe the writers possibly knew Ash's journey was ending and this was the best they could come up with. So lacklustre. If you take away the championships and the cameos of past characters, this would have easily been one of the worst series in Pokemon anime history.

Also why did we have to have Goh as a dual protagonist this series? I get trying to leverage Pokemon Go's success but not in Ash's final series.

And the cameos? They didn't feel earned. People acted so out of character, they felt forced, most of them were very far from satisfactory conclusions. I would have liked to see more of the entire franchise wrapped up than the countless filler episodes we got.

Last edited:

Broseph08

I'll answer after these 11 episodes since some need to be wrapped up. But Serena, the Alola group especially Lillie, and Iris got good returns. I'd be satisfied with what I saw of them. Dawn felt like she was there for marketing tbh lol but her personality was fun. I think there is a possibility this will be the last time we see this group in the anime ever so even them just hanging out will be good to me. I don't need to see Misty and Brock accomplish any goals in these last set of episodes. Just have a good time with Ash

BobbbidyBob

Alain.....whyyyyyyy

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I do wish Dawn had made some changes/progress in her overall team and Coordinator status. Not even a Buneary or Quilava evolution, or a new member. I know Piplup is doomed to "never evolving" status but I didn't realize that disease carried over to the bunny. I always though Dawn would look cool with a Lopunny, but I guess that is just a dream that only Adventures can fill. I also wish May could have appeared, it's been so long since she appeared in the flesh.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I do wish Dawn had made some changes/progress in her overall team and Coordinator status. Not even a Buneary or Quilava evolution, or a new member. I know Piplup is doomed to "never evolving" status but I didn't realize that disease carried over to the bunny. I always though Dawn would look cool with a Lopunny, but I guess that is just a dream that only Adventures can fill. I also wish May could have appeared, it's been so long since she appeared in the flesh.
May actually returned with Serena and Lisia while watching Ash battle Leon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I hope as much companions as possible get at least one last appearance in the minisseries. It won't be fair limiting to only Kanto + Ash's later mons.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This technically means that Cilan was the only companion that didn’t have speaking role since we all know about May. Sigh that’s sad

Ryker101

Depends on which one. Lillie/Gladion are all good, Iris matched her game status, Serena’s was fitting, Brock’s was a nice follow-up, Clemont and Bonnie’s are solid since they don’t have a broader goal atm. But we didn’t get much for Dawn despite how many eps she had, almost nothing for May and Cilan either. Would’ve said Misty too but she’s in that special now

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
How do you about where they left off and what about their overall stories and goals that concluded?

Hopefully this 11-part finale will feature a lot of the previous characters and give them more than a 5 second cameo scene.

I do think it was a huge missed opportunity not to do this during Journeys beforehand.

Bittersweet in my eyes. Tomiyasu ruined Serena and turned her into a lesbian and made it like she barely knows Ash. I think Lisia poisoned her mind into thinking men are evil.

This is certainly one of the takes of all time.

SatoSereFan224888

Wait, what? Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not what happened.
Well her ribbon was missing, the one Ash bought for her. Everyone thought she wore the ribbon on her ankle but turns out it was actually a bracelet she wore in previous showcases. That’s when I knew her journey with Ash was retconned.

Speed22

Bittersweet in my eyes. Tomiyasu ruined Serena and turned her into a lesbian and made it like she barely knows Ash. I think Lisia poisoned her mind into thinking men are evil.
Well her ribbon was missing, the one Ash bought for her. Everyone thought she wore the ribbon on her ankle but turns out it was actually a bracelet she wore in previous showcases. That’s when I knew her journey with Ash was retconned.
Stop posting. I think Tomiyasu is a stupid piece of **** too, but even I eventually stopped thinking that he has it out for Yajima and XY and more that he's just absolutely incompetent with XY stuff for some reason. (Even though it wouldn't surprise me if he did have something against it. Show business can be like that)

Just stop man, it's not healthy.

Last edited: