• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If LGPE are transferable to 8th gen, will you evolve your Pikachu or Eevee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If Gen 8 offers the option of transfering Pokemon from Let's Go to Gen 8 and Pikachu and Eevee can evolve in all their evolutions available, what will you do? Will you be like Red from the games and manga, one of the earliest owners of Eevee and evolve it into an Espeon or one of the other Eeveelutions you may not have? Will you evolve Pikachu into Raichu, if so? Which one, Kanto or Alolan variant? In a way, do you think this is a fun way of seeing the unevolved Pikachu and Eevee of Let's Go growing up over the generations through evolutions? Interestingly this is actually what some Pokemon fans thought Red's Espeon is supposed to symbolize at the time of Gold and Silver, that Kanto has evolved alongside the generations. Or perhaps do you want to keep Pikachu and Eevee the way they are which isn't a bad idea either since Pikachu and Eevee have access to Light Ball and Eevium Z. To sum it up, there are lots of potential options for Pikachu and Eevee in Gen 8 if transfer is allowed.

1532102537-587px-red-and-vee2.png

Red "The Fighter" of Pokemon Adventures, possibly the earliest major owner of Eevee in Gen 1's line of adaptations. Quite a huge contrast between the Eevees owned by the Contest Girls in the anime.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I really don't think you'll be able to transfer the starter Pikachu or Eevee, even if they allow transfer of other pokémon from Let's Go to gen 8. I don't think you'll be able to release or trade your starters in Let's Go either, it'd just break the game as it'd deny you of access to HMs.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
There is a heart next to your starter Pikachu and Eevee, indicating they are special Pokemon with special effects; moves, boosted-stats and etcetera. You will not be able to transfer them into any game at almost a solid 99 percent.

JW1004

I doubt you can transfer them. Their movepools probably have too much exclusive moves that a 'normal' Pikachu or Eevee can't learn.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm pretty sure Pikachu and Eevee would not be transferable, and if they were, would be treated as Special Pokémon and thus would not be able to evolve.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Okay but if they were transferable and if they were able to evolve, how would you progress Pikachu and Eevee.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I mean, let's be a bit fair here. In US/UM you can't send special Pokemon to the bank. However your starter can definitely be transferred and you breed them if you want.

I believe that they might let us transfer them but maybe only after beating the main game or fulfilling some sort of requirement. There is the chance we won't be able to get them to the next game, but I'd be very disappointed if that was the case.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I mean, let's be a bit fair here. In US/UM you can't send special Pokemon to the bank. However your starter can definitely be transferred and you breed them if you want.

The difference is that in LGPE you can't breed and your starter is a special pokémon and the only pokémon that can take the player across water, inconspicuously fast growing trees, and through the sky. If you could somehow get rid of your starter it'd break the game, leaving the player trapped on Cinnabar Island or something.

Sabre_King

If it’s possible to not only transfer from these games but also then possible to transfer the starters I would make the transfer and evolve either; however, in Eevees case I would evolve it into a new eeveeloution if we get a new one in gen 8 or based on its best stat associated with a prior eeveelution. And I won’t mind if Pikachu evolves into Kanto or Alola form.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
GF is against non-transferable Pokemon, they won't force the little kiddies to part ways with the main mascots.

Muffin Man

Yeah, I agree with everyone saying they won't be transferrable. It's just so obvious. Not only are they the source of all HM moves now, but we know that the partner Pokemon are with your character at all times even when you put them in the box. Even as illogical as Pokemon often is, I doubt they would have Pikachu riding on your shoulder even after you traded it away.

Nockturne

Assuming you can transfer them, it would depend on if there was anything special about them. I was expecting the Pikachu from Yellow to have some special indicator when I transfered it to Moon, but all it got was the Gameboy marking all Pokemon you transfer from the VC games have.

Sulfurian

They are special. We got a look at the starters stats and at lvl50 pikachu has higher special attack than a chandalure. Also, only the cosplay pikachus were not transferable which is probably what y'all are thinking of. Ash-greninja, dusk lycanroc, cap pikachus, and certain totems (because GF are lazy) are transferable to bank.

So yes, there is a likely possibility that the starters will be as well. Just with "event stats" or whatever ability gf decides they have.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Its a non-lightning rod Pikachu so I wouldn't worry about it competitively. I think I'd keep the Pikachu or Eevee the same, since they get all the special interactions which won't be programmed in with the evolved forms. Plus the Pikachu in the original Pokemon Yellow actually refused to evolve. Its not really an issue for me because I'm not fond of Pokemon Go.

As an aside Red's Eevee evolved because its ability to transform into its three kanto evolutions was basically a painful medical condition that was cured by evolving it into Espeon. And also to match Red's team in the games more closely. I don't think it was really meant to link the generations together.

Status
Not open for further replies.