• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Misty caught Jigglypuff...

PDL

disenchanted
How different would the anime be if Jigglypuff was made a permanent member of the cast instead of just as a reoccuring character that was later dropped?

Also, how would this have affected Misty's character?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It could have potentially been like Psyduck, putting people to sleep by popping out of its ball.

I doubt Misty's character would have changed much, except maybe show more irritation toward it and we had plenty of that in the series already. God knows Misty went from a character who got angered by silly and minor things to a maternal mother that barely showed emotion, so that goes without saying.

Profesco

gone gently
Things would have been much more fun if Jigglypuff was on the team. Some of the best episodes are one with Jiggly shenanigans. Misty could have used another decent Pokemon on her team anyway.

Rave

Banned
Then she caught Jigglypuff. The end.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I would've liked Jigglypuff in the main cast to complete Misty's collection of weak semi-useless Pokemon with the ability to save the day through an immense amount of hax (Togepi, Psyduck, and Jigglypuff), but it wasn't meant to be. Misty fawning over the thing in the initial capture episode was one of my fondest memories of her before she got reduced to nothing significant. That Misty showed so much initial interest in it only to forget or something to that effect during recurring appearances didn't seem to make any sense.

She could make a mini-arch pit stop for Corsola but can't catch the tag along Jigglypuff?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Hard to say. Purin was my favorite recurring character, so I don't think having it play any other role in the show would have been nearly as good. As it was, Kasumi already had Koduck for comic relief, and by Jouto it didn't have nearly as many moments as it used to. Not that Purin did either by then, but having them both belong to a struggling character would have been just depressing and I don't think Kasumi would have been any different herself by that point.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There's still always a chance Jiggly will randomly reappear in the show someday. After all, Delibird randomly appeared in Battle Frontier after not being seen since Johto.

I know there's nothing hinting in this direction, but I kinda think Jiggylypuff will eventually make another appearance in the show. Just for old times sake, and I'd love to see Dawn's reaction if it scribbles on her face. :p

stu770

Soul Trainer
I think that having jigglypuff on the team would have copmpletely ruined the whole theme of having a stalker pokemon following them around and drawing on their faces.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
If jigglypuff were to be owned by Misty, its situation would be more hopeless than it's already proven to be. As an independent pokemon, it is free to appear at any time, but if it were tied to Misty, she would probably take it with her when she went down.

Though it's not like jigglypuff has that much of a chance now. The writers seem to try to introduce new recurring independent pokemon (i. e. spoink), but they don't really work out all that great. The problem with jigglypuff is that it's a one-shot gag. These were better for Johto, where there wasn't that much to be excited about, but in Sinnoh, where things are always exciting (or at least try to be) that kind of thing is no longer wanted. That's why you hardly see the rocket psychics around now.

Which makes me wonder what carnivine is doing around now. Not only a one-shot gag pokemon, but a hash of an older one-shot gag pokemon is extremely out of place here.