• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Natsume and Erika accompanied Satoshi, instead of Kasumi and Takeshi in original series?

Snupiks

I think it's unnecessary to point out how much first Kasumi and Takeshi are iconic at this point, and how much they made first years of Pokemon anime...

That being said, I do wonder if anything would have been different if Satoshi was together with Psychic, and Grass Gym Leader girls instead.

Do you think there would have been interesting scenarios with them?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Isn't this thread in the wrong section?

Snupiks

It wouldn't have worked unless they altered Erika's personality. Sabrina could have worked as a "deadpan" character, but Erika's more docile personality would have gotten boring IMO.
Funny though, Erika is in a lot of hentai fanart portrayed pretty slutty, or at least girl with mind of an adult sexually experienced woman.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Why specifically those two again...over Takeshi/Kasumi? Anything in Shudo’s blog post pointing toward them or just wishful thinking?
Funny though, Erika is in a lot of hentai fanart portrayed pretty slutty, or at least girl with mind of an adult sexually experienced woman.
oh nvm...

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I can't envision a scenario where the writers would've had Satoshi travel with just two girls instead of one girl and one boy. That said, I always thought that Erika and Natsume were some of the most boring Kanto Gym Leaders in both the anime and games, so I'm glad they weren't cast members.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I can't envision a scenario where the writers would've had Satoshi travel with just two girls instead of one girl and one boy. That said, I always thought that Erika and Natsume were some of the most boring Kanto Gym Leaders in both the anime and games, so I'm glad they weren't cast members.
Sabrina was the most interesting Gym Leader not named Misty or Brock, and they shouldn't count because they got to be around for far longer.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It would be very different. It's been over 20 years and Misty and Brock still haven't done anything really impactful in the games. The Misty and Brock your talking about is mainly the ones from the anime which in many ways is like fanfiction since much of what they do in the anime doesn't happen in the games, they are clean slates that the anime can do whatever they want with. So discussing what Erika and to an extant Sabrina's role could be as Ash's companions would be in the realm of fanfiction since there's really not much to them from the games. Heck, the Sabrina we know from the anime, the scary nightmarish one that makes you question if this is a children's cartoon, that could be scrapped entirely for a more friendly Sabrina with some jokes and laughs here and there like Misty.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:
Sabrina was the most interesting Gym Leader not named Misty or Brock, and they shouldn't count because they got to be around for far longer.

I can respect that perspective, it's just that to me Natsume having psychic powers that allowed her to shrink people and cause them pain seemed overpowered, and Natsume didn't show any personality until she laughed at the end of the Yamabuki City arc. So it's difficult for me to imagine what she would've been like as a cast member.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Eh I prefer Misty and Brock. They were pretty entertaining as main characters back in the OS. I dont think Erika and Sabrina would have worked as well as Misty and Brock did.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that this thread should be moved to Anime Polls.