• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Paul made a cameo in BW i beleive he should be the one to beat Shootie first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I knew this was coming. If Paul were to make a cameo right now, I am pretty sure he'd beat Shooti. The guy is still a beginner, and even Ash would've beaten him if it were not for resetting him.

Cobalt_Latios

How about Ash proving his worth by himself? Isn't that his whole point? Isn't that why Ash strives to be stronger nowadays? To prove a point? To get his own point across, and not have his past rivals go to his present rivals and be all like: Yeah.. uhm.. He beat me although my pokemon were vastly superior, he's basically the second coming, so bend over already and let his ideology take you for a ride up yours...

In fact, I fail to see how this would work into Ash's rival arc plot, as it would severily make it come crumbling down like a brick house in front of an angry pack of Rhyperior/Tyranitar:

Shooti: I'm your rival, I don't like you, I don't think highly of you, I'll give this arc the tension it needs, ya heard!
Ash: LIKE HELL! I'm gonna make you eat those words like Paul!
Paul: Hey, Shooti, listen to Ash, he beat me like as if he was the second coming
Shooti: Then why should I listen to you?
Paul: Because I will battle you to show you that I'm good!
Shooti: But you lost to that country boy, who I just beat using the Vipélierre I just had for two minutes max, how fail can YOU be!
Paul: I.. I.. I.. ASH YOU IDIOT!!!
Ash: Hey what! Zekrom drained my mouse!
Shooti: There he goes with that idiotic excuse again
Paul: Well, he did knock out a Latios with that mouse...
Shooti: Holy crap, then my Vipélierre must be über! I'm sorry Ash, I guess you're okay by regular standards...
Ash: Crap.. Now I've got nothing to prove. Oh well, I guess I can still train these starters and bird I got recently and enter a league.. Just for kicks...

League time: Ash is totally unmotivated and loses in the first round: TOP128 NOOOOB!
I like how you used Snivy's French name in this as opposed to it's English name. Then again, Vipélierre is just all kinds of awesome.

The funny thing now, is that I'm constantly debating between using Tsutarja, Smugleaf, or Snivy. I have to tell myself to use Snivy in context, otherwise it just doesn't work. Weird how one character having that many names can drive someone up the wall.

Anyhow, quite the hilarious little scenario.

C_L

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Why would Paul will battle Shooti anyway? Even if he had been trying to head to the Unova region I can't see him fighting Shooti and not Ash.
Well, but a battle between them will be odd, since Shooti's team is unready to battle Paul.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Wouldn't they wait til the league to battle, By which time Shooti would be prepared for such an opponent?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
If Paul were to make a cameo, for what reason would he battle Shooti? That would make about as much sense as Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon from their own company.

Paul fanboys, thats all it is..... whether it makes sense or not, Paul has to appear. I could care less if previous rivals/characters appear. I am sure Ash can prove Shooti he's better on his own. We know he's better then Shooti... 5 regions before Unova proves it. Paul has no purpose in appearing. Might as well have Brock return to battle Dent because he took his spot on the main cast.... see why hasn't nobody mentioned the latter?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
How about Ash proving his worth by himself? Isn't that his whole point? Isn't that why Ash strives to be stronger nowadays? To prove a point? To get his own point across, and not have his past rivals go to his present rivals and be all like: Yeah.. uhm.. He beat me although my pokemon were vastly superior, he's basically the second coming, so bend over already and let his ideology take you for a ride up yours...

In fact, I fail to see how this would work into Ash's rival arc plot, as it would severily make it come crumbling down like a brick house in front of an angry pack of Rhyperior/Tyranitar:

Shooti: I'm your rival, I don't like you, I don't think highly of you, I'll give this arc the tension it needs, ya heard!
Ash: LIKE HELL! I'm gonna make you eat those words like Paul!
Paul: Hey, Shooti, listen to Ash, he beat me like as if he was the second coming
Shooti: Then why should I listen to you?
Paul: Because I will battle you to show you that I'm good!
Shooti: But you lost to that country boy, who I just beat using the Vipélierre I just had for two minutes max, how fail can YOU be!
Paul: I.. I.. I.. ASH YOU IDIOT!!!
Ash: Hey what! Zekrom drained my mouse!
Shooti: There he goes with that idiotic excuse again
Paul: Well, he did knock out a Latios with that mouse...
Shooti: Holy crap, then my Vipélierre must be über! I'm sorry Ash, I guess you're okay by regular standards...
Ash: Crap.. Now I've got nothing to prove. Oh well, I guess I can still train these starters and bird I got recently and enter a league.. Just for kicks...

League time: Ash is totally unmotivated and loses in the first round: TOP128 NOOOOB!

This. Made my day. :D

poizonsting

Pokemon master
But we don't know if Paul is making a cameo or no. If he does though, what if Ash beat Shootie first before he gets his cameo?

Blazenuva

Wait, has it ever been confirmed that Shooti treats his Pokemon like Paul did? I thought he was just arrogant towards others.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
No it hasn't been revealed how Shooti treats his pokemon. As far as we've seen he's not really arrogant towards others, Simply towards Ash.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Why would Paul even care about Shooti anyway? If Paul was to show up he'll probably be more interested in Ash and what he's doing. But I doubt that will even happen.

Jorah

What do I put here?
If Paul did show up, I wouldn't want him to beat Shooti before Ash did. What kind of message does that send to the viewers? "Oh hey, Shooti is nothing against Paul but against our hero Ash he's all powerful with his impressive skill"? Shooti is Ash's rival so it's only fair that Ash beats him first unless they want to give that right to someone who is more skilled than Ash like the Champion of the region.

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
If Paul did show up, I wouldn't want him to beat Shooti before Ash did. What kind of message does that send to the viewers? "Oh hey, Shooti is nothing against Paul but against our hero Ash he's all powerful with his impressive skill"? Shooti is Ash's rival so it's only fair that Ash beats him first unless they want to give that right to someone who is more skilled than Ash like the Champion of the region.

Agree. If anyone were to beat Shooti first, it should be Ash. The point of Ash beating Paul was to prove that he had progressed and gotten stronger....and then for Paul to come in and be like lolheyguyz and beat Shooti would throw all of Sinnoh's development as a Rival in the trash.

Notice how once Ash beat Gary, you didn't see Gary come and beat Paul before Ash did? (or at all for that matter) It's essentially the same thing now.

Blazenuva

On a further note, a battle between the two wouldn't be a good idea. It would be nice however to see a conversation between the two though. Something along the lines of Paul telling Shooti that he will come to respect Ash in due time.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Rivals of the characters aren't usually too focused on other rivals. If you look at Drew and Harley, Richie and Gary or Zoey and Ursula, you'll see that they didn't really have any problems with each other. But for Shooti I think that if Bel becomes Ash's rival, Shooti won't really care about her and Paul too for that matter.

might

Banned
Paul is a DP character for the Sinnoh region,he don't have no reason to come back and he is gone forever.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
Thats about as logical as Ash calling for Charizard, Sceptile, Glalie, Kingler, and Snorlaz and absolutley DESTROYING Shooti.

Actually...Ash should just use those pokemon and absolutley tear all the leagues to peices.

Silver Totodile

Okay... why does everyone seem to think Shooti is ever seriously insulting Ash? All I ever see is teasing digs like the hill-billy comment. He's not totally spewing pointless insults at him like Paul. I'm also pretty sure that he complemented Ash's tsutaja when it defeated janovy. Speaking of complementing, he did complement his own tsutaja after their first battle and said,

"We seem to work well together, I'm glad I picked you as my partner"

That just about sums it up; he doesn't treat his pokémon badly and considering he refares to Janovy as his partner shows respect.

Anyway that's off topic. The point is paul vs shooti isn't going to happen. Paul has a new goal now... one that doesn't connect with shooti's at all. Shooti vs Bel... maybe but not Paul. Out with the old and in with the new implies here.

If you watch the fourth episode, where Pokabu comes in, there is a picture of a trainer releasing him. I'm not saying it's Paul, but it does kind of look like him, and he does release it for being weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.