• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If people hate the Pokémon anime so much, why do they keep watching it?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think they need to get over with and moved on their lives. It's unhealthy to have these kind of behaviors in a long term. The writers don't owe anything to them.
Some people aren't aware of their masochistic tendencies...
But on a serious note, like other people have said before, they like to hate watch and find enjoyment in sh!tting on it. Or just like complaining. They themselves know they're going to be disappointed yet continue to watch regardless and after a while of hearing complaints over and over again, you get sick of it. Especially when you do tell them to stop watching and they quickly excuse it with "This was my favorite show growing up/I'm only dedicated to complete the series/I wanna see if soandso happens!" Like why listen to their complaints when they themselves aren't going to bother with solving their own problem? It also ruins it for the people who do enjoy the saga/anime. There was a period where I disliked DP while it was airing and I took a break from it only to later catch up on a new episode and enjoy it.

NPT

Just a member
I don't like SM and its slapstick comedy, but I still watch it because I know SM writers are capable of writting good episodes (SM008-10, SM021, SM033-36, SM50-53), but lately they've been focusing on crappy filler episodes for some reason.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Some people aren't aware of their masochistic tendencies...
But on a serious note, like other people have said before, they like to hate watch and find enjoyment in sh!tting on it. Or just like complaining. They themselves know they're going to be disappointed yet continue to watch regardless and after a while of hearing complaints over and over again, you get sick of it. Especially when you do tell them to stop watching and they quickly excuse it with "This was my favorite show growing up/I'm only dedicated to complete the series/I wanna see if soandso happens!" Like why listen to their complaints when they themselves aren't going to bother with solving their own problem? It also ruins it for the people who do enjoy the saga/anime. There was a period where I disliked DP while it was airing and I took a break from it only to later catch up on a new episode and enjoy it.
The thing with me is that I'm also part of other communities, like video game programming/modding & arcade dancing games, and these people tended to support/praise/cheer you more in general, so when you see people from the Pokemon anime community being aggressive like that over a show, it's pretty shocking.

I know the show issues can get on everyone's nerves, myself included. But the producers/writers can do whatever they wanted with their show. They don't care about some fans standards that claimed that Pokemon is all about battling, is nothing about doing girly stuffs, nor about going to school.

And I respect fans who are into fanfictions/fanarts/fancomics/fangames, because they're doing something about these issues. It's also less likely that they're going to complain constantly over a show.

SinnohEevee

Many of these who complain probably stopped watching long ago. I have seen comments like "Ash releases all his Pokémon like Butterfree".
Now this show has a lot of sh!t, but the producers don't need to bother fixing them because the show makes tons of money and the target audience keeps renewing itself. Want someone Pokémon that has better writing, read the Pokémon Special manga, or even some fanfics.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Attachment mostly. That doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of reasonable complaints about the anime. I can't say much though since I personally stopped watching after the Orange Islands. I plan to continue from Sinnoh forward though after I'm done watching my current Anime list.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Attachment mostly. That doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of reasonable complaints about the anime. I can't say much though since I personally stopped watching after the Orange Islands. I plan to continue from Sinnoh forward though after I'm done watching my current Anime list.
If you've never watched Johto and AG, I would at least suggest watching Season 5 (Master Quest) and all of AG.

Despite Johto having a massive reputation for boring fillers, Master Quest really did not have that many and instead had several story arcs and gym battles, I would say it's a good season to watch even if you don't watch the first two Johto seasons. And then I would definitely watch AG if you are going to watch Sinnoh because it kind of leads right in, and also has great storytelling compared to Johto.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
If you've never watched Johto and AG, I would at least suggest watching Season 5 (Master Quest) and all of AG.

Despite Johto having a massive reputation for boring fillers, Master Quest really did not have that many and instead had several story arcs and gym battles, I would say it's a good season to watch even if you don't watch the first two Johto seasons. And then I would definitely watch AG if you are going to watch Sinnoh because it kind of leads right in, and also has great storytelling compared to Johto.

Alright I'll check S5 out. I have stayed mostly with the games and have never really truly delved into the anime as much as I should have, but considering I'm watching a master list of animes right now I'll add Pokemon to the list

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I feel like I've honestly stopped watching the animé. However, I keep in touch, so whenever Ash has a big battle coming up, I'll watch that. But yeah, honestly I haven't made an effort to keep on watching the piece of trash that SM has devolved into. I kind of liked the beginning with the events leading up to Litten's capture and how everything flowed nicely, but after that it has been a steady stream of disappointments. When a longtime fan is not even interested to watch a capture episode, even weeks after it happened, then yeah - it's doing something wrong. That coupled with the fact that I am still bothered every time I see Ash's face just doesn't make me want to watch this show.

I'm invested with Ash's journey, so that's why I keep in touch. Can't wait to leave SM behind though.