• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If pikachu wasn't the mascot...

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
I'm only picking from Generation 1 because that makes sense. I am very glad Clefairy was not the mascot, because as a seven year old boy, I probably would not have been interested in Pokemon, thinking it was for girls. My life would have sucked. Eevee could work, as I like the idea of the mascot having enough evolutions so everyone can have a favorite. As for Sandshrew, the only flaw is that it lacks the excitement you find in Pikachu. For starters, pun intended, I think that would work only if we have the starter set be mascot for each respective generation (as it basically already is), no single starter of generation of them should be the mascot.

TanBun

I'm back :3
I agree with the others: eevee
because it has a lot of evos it is good for everybody :)

~Sea_Spirit~

Prince of the Sea
Clefairy was, as you guys said, suppose to be the mascot for Pokemon but they decided to go with pikachu because of the lack of yellow series mascots. If Clefairy was Ash's pick I still dout Gary would have had a Gengar.

I would like Ash getting Growlithe instead. The whole Gary with Squirtle would have made more sense and would have resembled the game more.

Srignan

I love Charizard but a starter shouldn't be the mascot. People have different opinions on their favorite starter. I think it should either be Eevee because it is cute just like pikachu. I don't want clefairy or mew because little kids might have thought it was girly. I have some doubts on Eevee too but I think it should be the mascot if not pikachu

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Vulpix. Because let's be honest, Vulpix is much more adorable than Pikachu. The only time the anime first really caught my attention was when I saw Suzy/Brock's Vulpix.

In all seriousness however, Eevee would have been perfect.

WarioMan

Playboy Billionaire
Eevee or Meowth.

Pikachu is boring as hell.

Navarch

Eevee would have been a great mascot. Maybe like in the Manga, it could alternate between evolutions?

Aishing

Hmmm. Well, I know that Clefairy was supposed to be the mascot if not for Pikachu, but I personally think that Mew is a better mascot choice. It was the reason Pokemon got popular in the first place, right? If not, then Bulbasaur would be a good choice for a mascot, I think.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
If Pikachu wasn't mascot, my choices are:
Eevee( because it's so cute)
Vulpix( cute too)
Maybe Zorua(I dunno)
Clafairy( even I hate it)

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
If, for some unfathomable reason, they decided to change their mascot and wanted to use something from Generation 6, I think Goomy or Skiddo would be nice.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Clefairy would have been, considering it was what the mascot was originally going to be.

I like Pikcahu though... can't imagine anything else as the mascot Maybe Charizard.

Sprinter1988

If Pikachu wasn't the mascot then it would have been whatever was Ash's main pokemon (though not necessarily his starter) Whether this was Clefairy of something else, that would have been the mascot.

ace-of-aces

Minecraft YouTuber
Scizor. Nothing else. just Scizor.

Mew The Gato

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Pikachu wasn't the mascot I would've loved to see Eevee or Mew be the mascot! I think one of the 3 Kanto starters would've even worked as well.