• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Pokémon Could Learn Eight Moves Instead of Four...

Arbok

aka Arbok
You bumped your thread?

Well anyway, 10 (or eight, whatever) moves wouldn't be good. I just would use his '10 best moves.' They can use 10 moves in the anime, they can use alot moves in the anime, they can use all moves in anime, but the trainers in the anime aren't very smart.

MyPartnerIsPlusle

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Yeah, but considering each generation brings more and more moves.

Eventually, people would wish for more moveslots, which some already are.

Torterra-417

Worship the willow!
I would prefer eight;

Torterra
Seed Bomb
Crunch
Earthquake
Return
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Rock Cart
Leaf Storm

xgina

Banned
choice band cresselia

cresselia@choice band
-Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Return
-Frustration
-Facade
-Giga Impact
-Natural Gift
-Secret Power

i predict if we could have 8 moves this pokemon would be unstoppable with its two types of moves

xgina

Banned
let's have more fun with restricted movepool pokemon

shaymin
-Seed Flare
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Rest
-Psychic
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Grasswhistle
-Toxic

best i could come up with, this thread is awesome for postcount++

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Arceus (any form)

Psychic
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Surf
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Dragon Pulse
Judgment

This is why pokemon don't have 8 moves.

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
You lot don't get it, do you? Pokemon is about thinking on your feet and using the right pokemon for the job. With eight moves, you could plough through every team that comes your way with a hacked mew!

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
Lopunny
Naughty Nature
Lick
Attract
Sweet Kiss
Entice
Covet
Flatter
Lovely Kiss
Swallow
XD

seriously, things could turn into sweeper-frenzy.

Blissey
Natural Cure
@Leftovers
Calm Mind
Softboiled
Rest
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Zap Cannon
Sing
O_O

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Cacturne
* Bullet Seed
* Pin Missile
* Needle Arm
* Poison Sting
* Faint Attack

Kaliber

Older Master
With 8 moves though there would be more thought on what exactly you are up against. It would make the battles longer in some cases and shorter in others. Either way I'd like to see it.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
with 8 moveslots, pokémon like gyarados, tyranitar and of course blissey would become completely uncounterable.

lol@groudon with thunder btw.

Leo Aldwulf

Lionwolf X3
Gengar
- Mean Look
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Confuse Ray
- Hypnosis
- Protect
- Rest

Gayest moveset ever. Hypnosis, Sub, Mean Look, Perish Song, then switch on Perish count of 1. If Opponent has a status already or Sleep Clause is activated, Confuse Ray instead of Hypnosis. If HP gets too low, Rest and repeat. Taunt would prevent Baton Pass/Roar/Whirlwind. Protect to stop damage while waiting for the Perish count to drop.

Last edited:

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Honestly, the four move limit is there for a reason. With eight moves, Sweepers would be completely dominant because it'd be nearly impossible to predict what moves they'd use. No matter what you break out, they'll be able to trump it unless their movepool doesn't allow it. Meanwhile pokemon with limited movepools will almost all fall into the NU category because they just can't keep up. C'mon, Flareon's got it bad enough as it is.

That being said, it would be a benefit to a few types. Paraflinchers and Walls, for instance. However, I'd really set the limit at six moves instead of eight, because eight is just plain too much. The whole point is to be forced to pick and choose what your pokemon can do.

Anyway, my opinions on a double-stuffed moveset aside, I think I'd most likely use a Togekiss for this type of thing...

;468; Togekiss @ Leftovers/Life Orb/King's Rock
Nature - Timid
Ability - Serene Grace
EVs - 6 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Wish

Substitute is pretty obvious. From there, it depends on what the enemy does to the Sub. If it uses a non-attacking move, Encore it and Togekiss can Nasty Plot to its heart's content. If the Sub gets attacked, Togekiss can Wish, set up a second Sub when the first is knocked out, then Thunder Wave or Encore the enemy while the HP from setting the Subs up gets recovered. Thunder Wave, of course, sets up for Paraflinching, with Air Slash having a 60% shot at flinch. Water Pulse can deal with other threats, and adds on a 40% chance of confusion. Aura Sphere will deal with threats to Flying types as well as conquering Steel and Dark.