• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Pokemon Adventures "Yellow" is canon in the Let's Go games, what would her Pokemon team be?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One of the interesting things about the RGB trio of the Let's Go games is that there Pokemon teams are different from their original counterparts, especially Red & Blue. Part of these changes is not only that they reflect their personalities but also team balances. Green however is quite interesting in that her first major appearance was actually Pokemon Adventures. A lot of Pokemon fans seem to notice that the female character Green or Blue in Japan seems to be inspired by her manga counterpart. Not just by her rather unique personality but also her own Pokemon team that has a theme that screams "DECEPTION!" and "TRICKERY!" mimicking the theme of Green's team in the Pokemon Adventures manga. A lot of fans see this as a reflection of not only Green's character in the games but also influences from her manga counterpart. However Green's team isn't exactly like the manga's for the simple reason of team balance. In the manga, Green literally has three fairy-types and that would not make a fun or interesting challenge.

So. Since the changes in the RGB trio's team reflects their trainer's personalities and team balance to offer a good enough challenge, if the Pokemon Adventures character "Yellow" turned out to be canon one day by GameFreak, theoretically speaking of course, what would her team be?

200px-Yellow_Adventures.png

Well first off for those who don't know, who is Yellow anyway? She is one of the earliest female main characters of Pokemon and a manga-exclusive character that is considered to be the fourth member of the RGBY group, representing Pokemon Yellow version and of course her signature Pokemon is none other than a Pikachu. Her Pokemon team consists of a Pikachu, Raticate, Dodrio, Butterfree, Golem and Lord Helix. To any competitive fan, it's pretty easy to guess that fighting and grass-types would be a huge problem here in terms of team-balance. However the team has to also reflect her personality, so what is she like? For most people, she's perceived as an innocent, childish, naive and sweet girl who isn't afraid to fight to protect her friends but at the same time has no interest in unnecessary Pokemon battles because of her own pacifism. For some people, she actually not only represents Pokemon Yellow but also our own childhood innocence and naivety long ago. She's a lover who wants to befriend Pokemon, not a fighter who wants to fight Pokemon. For many people who read her story, she's often viewed as just the sweetest character in the entire Pokemon series, having saved Red's life and is one of the few humans that Mewtwo actually trusts.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well she could definitely have purin in as blue doesn't have one in her team in the let go and certainly can't have a Pikachu as red always have it in his team. What is her personality going to be as green is nothing like his manga counterpart and red don't talk at all and blue is nut about mewtwo and tried make you as player as her "Pokemon" .

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Pikachu is a must.
Also maybe a Golem (1. she has one in the Manga and 2. All other 3 Trainers have 1 of the Trade Evolutions: Red-Machamp, Blue-Alakazam, Green-Gengar).
As each has a fire/water/grass type the same should apply here (also note has the same Pokemon as Trace) so maybe Tangela or Parasect for Grass, Magmar/Flareon for fire and one of the Water Types (I would love one not used by any other significant trainer like Kingler/Seaking. As for the rest whatever works. If they want to give her a Mega they can go with Beedrill (works well with Trace's Pidgeot).

So what we have:
1. Pikachu
2. Golem
3. Tangela/Parasect (prefer the latter)
4. Magmar/Flareon
5. Kingler/Seaking (prefer the former)
6. (Mega)Beedrill

The only one overlapping the Color Trio+Trace is Pikachu but we cannot do much there.

What do you think? I think Trace is like a Yellow character a bit if I must be honest.

It's pity we did not have any Fearow, Sandslash abd Trainer (Sandslash would be a good one for Giovanni Rematch and Kingler could've replaced Lorelei'/Trace's Slowbro or Blue's Gyarados).

shoz999

Well she could definitely have purin in as blue doesn't have one in her team in the let go and certainly can't have a Pikachu as red always have it in his team. What is her personality going to be as green is nothing like his manga counterpart and red don't talk at all and blue is nut about mewtwo and tried make you as player as her "Pokemon" .
She has to have a Pikachu, it's her signature Pokemon and the mascot of Pokemon Yellow. I don't think it matters that Red has one since it's the same in the manga. Also it's actually very simple what Yellow's personality should be if your aware what she represents, Pokemon Yellow. Similar to how Adventures Red is modeled after Game Red's kindness and love for Adventures, how Adventures Green (Rival) is modeled after Game Green's passion, power and wanting for recognition outside of his Grandpa's shadow and how Let's Go Blue (Fem Protag) is modeled after Adventures Blue's deceiving and mischievous personality, Yellow's personality is inspired by Pokemon Yellow, a game that GameFreak created for children who loved the anime which heavily involves befriending Pokemon. I feel like low-level Pokemon who evolve quickly and are caught early on are definitely some Pokemon to be considered.

Pikachu is a must.
Also maybe a Golem (1. she has one in the Manga and 2. All other 3 Trainers have 1 of the Trade Evolutions: Red-Machamp, Blue-Alakazam, Green-Gengar).
As each has a fire/water/grass type the same should apply here (also note has the same Pokemon as Trace) so maybe Tangela or Parasect for Grass, Magmar/Flareon for fire and one of the Water Types (I would love one not used by any other significant trainer like Kingler/Seaking. As for the rest whatever works. If they want to give her a Mega they can go with Beedrill (works well with Trace's Pidgeot).

So what we have:
1. Pikachu
2. Golem
3. Tangela/Parasect (prefer the latter)
4. Magmar/Flareon
5. Kingler/Seaking (prefer the former)
6. (Mega)Beedrill

The only one overlapping the Color Trio+Trace is Pikachu but we cannot do much there.

What do you think? I think Trace is like a Yellow character a bit if I must be honest.

It's pity we did not have any Fearow, Sandslash abd Trainer (Sandslash would be a good one for Giovanni Rematch and Kingler could've replaced Lorelei'/Trace's Slowbro or Blue's Gyarados).
I like it. Especially Kingler and Seaking. Not sure about Magmar though.

OKAY! How about this! One thing I've noticed is that Red, Blue and Green all have at least one fire, grass and water-type Pokemon. Here is my idea.

Pikachu
Butterfree/Dodrio
Poliwrath
Rapidash
Tangela/Parasect
Marowak

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Redstar45

Look i think gf is not going to be that fateful to the Pokemon special manga so their version of Yellow is going to be different from her manga counterparts and you know that very well as i do.

shoz999

Look i think gf is not going to be that fateful to the Pokemon special manga so their version of Yellow is going to be different from her manga counterparts and you know that very well as i do.
Actually your looking at this all wrong. They were pretty faithful to Blue's (Fem Protag's) personality to an extant. Also it's pretty obvious that, theoretically speaking, if they wanted to adapt Yellow into the game's canon, they don't even need to look at the source material. All they have to do is literally just look at the Pokemon Yellow game and the anime for inspiration for Yellow's character. That's all they need really, that's how Yellow's character was created in the first place. Just imagine to yourself what would be the embodiment of people's childhood and BOOM! You got already got the Let's Go counterpart to Yellow that could go into an different but similar direction.

Actually come to think of it, not only is Let's Go a Yellow remake, the emphasis of catching over battling really fits Yellow's personality pretty well.

Last edited:

Redstar45

Right and i am supposed to agree with that? I am huge fan of blue/leaf character i have read all rgby-oras that she appeared in and she stopped act like that in frlg arc and whole thing about her deceiving and mischievous personality is slowly rot out as Pokemon special manga doesn't show her all that much . Let go blue is nothing like that version of character from the Pokemon special manga.

shoz999

Right and i am supposed to agree with that? I am huge fan of blue/leaf character i have read all rgby-oras that she appeared in and she stopped act like that in frlg arc and whole thing about her deceiving and mischievous personality is slowly rot out as Pokemon special manga doesn't show her all that much . Let go blue is nothing like that version of character from the Pokemon special manga.
So what your saying is... she's like the original Blue from the RGBY chapters. Back on-topic, what do you think is the perfect team for Yellow considering how Let's Go does team-balance?

Redstar45

So what your saying is... she's like the original Blue from the RGBY chapters. Back on-topic, what do you think is the perfect team for Yellow considering how Let's Go does team-balance?
How do you got that from me ?! now you are put a word in my mouth thanks. And i don't know what her own team is going to be but all i know it is going to be very different from what she had in the freaked manga !

shoz999

How do you got that from me ?! now you are put a word in my mouth thanks. And i don't know what her own team is going to be but all i know it is going to be very different from what she had in the freaked manga !
Nope. Simple logic really since you literally admitted it but we can discuss that another time as it's slowly becoming off-topic. Anyways, you must have an actual opinion worth hearing on how Let's Go's standards would function for Yellow's possible team, a team possibly themed around Pokemon Yellow's development history, instead of coming here to argue about an in-depth look into the complications of people's personalities.

Redstar45

I think jiggypuff flareon Golem Kingler mega beedrill marowak . Made her look outstand and give her more bettle personality might made up for her mary sue type characteristics in the manga.

shoz999

I think jiggypuff flareon Golem Kingler mega beedrill marowak . Made her look outstand and give her more bettle personality might made up for her mary sue type characteristics in the manga.
I especially think Marowak is interesting, acting like a motherly figure or associated with a motherly figure. On a side note, if you had to add a grass-type Pokemon like how Red, Blue and Green have Venusaur, Victreebell and Exeggutor, who would it be?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I especially think Marowak is interesting, acting like a motherly figure or associated with a motherly figure. On a side note, if you had to add a grass-type Pokemon like how Red, Blue and Green have Venusaur, Victreebell and Exeggutor, who would it be?
Marowak would've been good if Trace wouldn't have one. So either give Trace a Sandslash or change the Pokemon for Yellow. Same with Rapidash. But that's my opinion. Also Golem covers Ground. As per Grass Parasect or Tangela. Note none of the 4 trainers (Trace, Red, Blue, Yellow) do not have Pokemon from Gen 1 which later got evolutions (like Magneton, Seadra, Golbat, even Rhydon, Magmar etc) so I believe we need to go with Parasect. Also Jigglypuff is a nice choice and substitute for Pikachu.

I see my Team mostly worked for you guys:)

shoz999

Marowak would've been good if Trace wouldn't have one. So either give Trace a Sandslash or change the Pokemon for Yellow. Same with Rapidash. But that's my opinion. Also Golem covers Ground. As per Grass Parasect or Tangela. Note none of the 4 trainers (Trace, Red, Blue, Yellow) do not have Pokemon from Gen 1 which later got evolutions (like Magneton, Seadra, Golbat, even Rhydon, Magmar etc) so I believe we need to go with Parasect. Also Jigglypuff is a nice choice and substitute for Pikachu.

I see my Team mostly worked for you guys:)
Honestly I don't think Marowak would be a problem. Marowak isn't Trace's signature Pokemon and we've seen Blue, fem protag, have a Gengar, Agatha's signature Pokemon.