• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Pokemon could have another type, what would it be?

I am making my own region, and am planning on not only adding an extra type to existing pokemon, but also having the ability to have a third type for existing pokemon. What would the extra types be for existing pokemon?

For example, Charizard and Gyrados should be dragon types, so:

;006;
Fire/Flying/Dragon

;130;
Water/Flying/Dragon

READ the Rules
1 All SPPF Rules Apply
3 No Multi-posting
4 No Spamming
5 No Bashing
6 No Flaming

Last edited:

Quzo

I'd say light type.

By the way how are you making this new region of yours?

Also adding an extra type to Charizard is not feasable 'cause it's a starter and so it would mess the game up. I can see why you did it though.

Firstly, I meant that certain pokemon should have an added type, like gyrados having the dragon type. I didn't mean I'm making a brand new type, I'm just adding existing types to pokemon. Secondly, in my region, which I am going to make into an actual game when I learn game design, I'm going to add the ability for there to be pokemon with three types. I am also going to make my own series of pokemon, numbering them as if they are going to be the fifth generation. I made this thread to ask the Serebii Forum community for ideas on what pokemon that already exist should have an extra type. I am also going to post my region/ pokemon when I buy a scanner.

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
I am making my own region, and am planning on not only adding an extra type to existing pokemon, but also having the ability to have a third type for existing pokemon. What would the extra types be for existing pokemon?

For example, Charizard and Gyrados should be dragon types, so:

;006;
Fire/Flying/Dragon

;130;
Water/Flying/Dragon

Noo!!! Delete that part of the post before Vyksta comes and vanquishes us all!!!

What's wrong with it? I think gyrados deserves to be a dragon type.

mangaeyes

No way a third type will never work. I'm afraid your region is doomed and you haven't even started it yet.

Dugtrio

Wendle,
steelix- ground ,rock ,steel

bladeralts

(|@=@|) 966
three types would be difficult to manage... why dont'cha keep these to a minimun and test run it with several critters first, to see if it works?

I'd say light type.

cute! i like it.

scizor-> bug steel flying
manaphy-> water light

three types would be difficult to manage... why dont'cha keep these to a minimun and test run it with several critters first, to see if it works?

I'm probably going to do that.

No way a third type will never work. I'm afraid your region is doomed and you haven't even started it yet.

I didn't start this thread for putdowns, so don't criticize my idea without explaining why it isn't a good idea.

Vycksta

arcanine lover said:
Noo!!! Delete that part of the post before Vyksta comes and vanquishes us all!!!
Who's Vyksta? I must seek and kill this wannabe!

... and NO WAY. Gyarados does NOT deserve to be Dragon. Have you read the myth behind it? Yanno, the one in which a carp becomes a FLYING SERPENT? No? Want me to whack you with it?

Don't say that he looks like a dragon either; ALL dragons in mythology have LEGS.

... and NO WAY. Gyarados does NOT deserve to be Dragon. Have you read the myth behind it? Yanno, the one in which a carp becomes a FLYING SERPENT? No? Want me to whack you with it?

Don't say that he looks like a dragon either; ALL dragons in mythology have LEGS.
Well than, I will make a gyrados evo with legs than ;)

think that the Bulbasaur line should lose their poison typing. But that's just my personal issue.

Should the bulbasaur line be pure grass than? or should they have another type?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Loves Jolteon

would you stop with that already? a sea serpent is nothing but a different classification of dargon... it's a water dragon, to be sure, but a dragon nonetheless. The only reason gyarados wasn't part dragon in R/B/Y is because he'd be unstopable.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I'll explain why triple-types are a bad idea.

6x weaknesses.

There ya go. Also, why? The game works fine with two-type Pokemon. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Another thing. The fourth generation was shitty enough. I don't intend on ever buying D/P. They don't need another generation of crappy, ill-named, retarded looking Pokemon.

j_hunter

Weedles in the sugar
I think Manaphy should be Water/Bug...

How would the three types cooperate? Would the same netural, super-effective and not very effective rules apply to cancel each other out, giving virtual immunity to some moves and 6x weaknesses to others? Could certain moves be dual-typed as well? (Elemental Punches = Fire/Electric/Ice and Fight, Elemental Fangs = the same plus Dark etc.)

I'd like to know how you plan on working the mechanics out.

Elementman-Novapoke

would you stop with that already? a sea serpent is nothing but a different classification of dargon... it's a water dragon, to be sure, but a dragon nonetheless.

Actually, a Sea Serpent is just a Serpent of the Sea. Not a dragon. Otherwise it'd be called a Sea Dragon.

So, if we're using your classification of Dragon should Ekans, Arbok and Seviper dragons? 'Cos they're serpents.

Anyways, don't add a 3rd type. If the team of GameFreak can't do it - due to the amount of programming involved -, I doubt one single person can. Just keep it how it is.
Also, making a Pokemon game breaks Copyright and Tradmark laws IIRC.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
The thread title and content doesn't match. >_>. You also don't have a good reason why they should have extra types.

Vycksta

@ Shiny Legendary Hunter: Only if you want Japanese mythological fanatics kicking your arse, taking your name and coming back for a rematch. They don't like their little legends fucked around.

Sorry, but your idea fails. Not only on wanting to change Gyarados but on wanting to add three types. Game Freak didn't do it for a reason.

Sonic The Hedgedawg said:
would you stop with that already? a sea serpent is nothing but a different classification of dargon... it's a water dragon, to be sure, but a dragon nonetheless. The only reason gyarados wasn't part dragon in R/B/Y is because he'd be unstopable.
Oh man, you owe me a new computer screen as it's covered in water.

Serpents and NOT dragons and NEVER will be. Gyarados is a SERPENT, based off the mytholocial legend of the carp becoming a flying serpent as a reward for finding it's inner strength.

... and before you whinge, it chooses to stay and live underwater because becoming a flying serpent made it power-hungry so travelling around underwater made it easier for it to go undetected. Gyarados also doesn't learn flying moves because of said reason. Aerial Ace? Based off a Japanese sword fighting techinque.

So no, I won't shut up about Gyarados because i'm a mythology freak and damn proud of it... unless you stop being a ****, which isn't going to happen from your side. :)