• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If pokemon were real and in your area...

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Pokémon in my area.. Probably all the bug/flying Pokémon. There are so many mosquitoes here -_-
Yamna would be perfect :p

eiger

Shiny Hunter
I guess in Belgium we would have tons of Pidgey, Pidove, Bunnelby, Ducklett and other boring species. The most exciting thing would be a fennekin or deerling

Grei

not the color
I'm convinced I live in Unova. I live along a massive river in the midwest, so there are a ton of bridges of all different kinds. They're all situated around an arsenal (entralink). The entire area is filled with individual cities.

So, I figure I'd have Pokemon indigenous to Unova. If I did, I'd have special Emolga or Pachirisu that were black--my area has black squirrels.

avsimone

Magma Trainer
Toronto! So city scale, that means garbodor, mum, koffing, pidove and the like. In the suburbs there'd be more cool Pokemon, but most of the m would most likely migrate

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I would have some epic water pokes cause I live 20 meter away from a big river :D

Last edited:

Hauntard

The Friendly Ghost
I'm near Fremont California and there is a huge haunted site there from a girl dying and a bunch of other ghost stories so Probably a few ghastly/haunters/gengars and a couple of litwicks maybe?

Also, since Milpitas is around the corner, it's a city thats built on a dump so probably grimer/Muk and Trubbish. But I'm also near the beach so I'd expect to see a few squirtle. And since we're in a drought, I could see sandiles and geodudes all over the place.

I'd probably have a team like Haunter/Chandelure/ Muk/ Krokorok/ Oshawott/ Squirtle

Rio!

Composer
Since I live in the Arizonian desert fairly close to mountains and open space...
I imagine there being quite a few Trapinch and Sandiles around, with the rare sighting of Larvitar and Rufflet.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I live in Baltimore, Maryland. In the actual city, there'd be lots of urban stuff like Meowth, Houndour, Scraggy, and Trubbish. If you were to go down to the harbor, you'd probably find more Water types like Wingull, Tentacool, and Qwilfish, and also a bit of Grimer because sadly it's not exactly the cleanest harbor in the world. Out in the suburbs and surrounding areas, you'd probably find lots of Grass and Bug types, pretty much any of the regional bugs, Ledyba, Spinarak, Hoppip, Roselia, Combee, Venipede, Foongus, and Volbeat and Illumise on summer nights, more Houndour and Meowth, Bunnelby, and the occasional Zorua. Surrounding the city, there's also lots of forests which would have Teddiursa, Deerling, and Stantler as well. And then if you were to go out towards the bay, you'd find a lot of water Pokemon like Tentacool, Wingull, Krabby, Sharpedo, Mantine, Clamperl, Horsea, Staryu, and Corsola.

Ketaru

Probably your typical suburban, slightly-forested Pokemon:

Ducklett
Swanna
Honchkrow
Buneary
Lopunny
Combi
Vespiquen

...and you get the idea, I don't think there's really any need to go longer than that.

On the flip side, I do live in New Jersey. With its Jersey Devil legend and all, it'd be nice to have a dark-type legendary of some sort to the south.

Pluski

I live on the Norwegian southwest coast, so there would be lots of water types and some ice Pokémon. Of course, there would probably be many other kinds of Pokémon as well.

Seel, Spheal, Swanna, Shellder, Deerling, Zubat and Tentacool are some of the Pokémon that could be found here.

Teebu

Based on my garden pidgey/pidove/fletchling would be common, also live quite near a country park full of trees so treecko, beedrill, leavanny etc. pretty meh ...

_pokemon_

Since i live in the suburbs probably burmy, combee, pachirisu, and a LOT of cats and such. probably some pidove, muk, grimer, trubbish because i live near nyc.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
I live along the Hudson River in New jersey, with a nice view of the Empire State Building and Freedom Tower (hint: it's called the, "mile-square city"). I would expect many Pidoves (Unova was based off of the Manhatten area), Pidgeys, Purrloin and Espurr (I see many stray cats), then some water and ice types like Wingulls (I've heard reports of seals and sharks near Manhatten, so maybe some Sealeos/Spheals, Seels, and Sharpedos). I could also expect Trubbishes, Muks, and Grimers as well. AND there are many squirrels, so probably many Pachirisu. Seeing as NYC also has the American Museum of Natural History, there could be fossil Pokemon. For gym, it would probably be water, ice, or poison type.

Oh, and my team? Walrein, Liepard, Garbodor, Pidgeott, Meowstic, and Tyrantrum. ;086; and ;363; forever!

Last edited:

alexterri

I live in a city on the eastern cost of Canada.

Just take the pokemon versions of whatever lives around here, and you'd get that.

Judging from my yard, I imagine that there would be a few of the common bird-types.

Oh, and their would be a bunch of tentacool and teantacruel in the harbor of course :D

Sir Marly

Mega Sceptile Fanboy
I live in a smallish town in Missouri so a lot of Deerlings, Stunkys, and A LOT of bug types...
I'm pretty sure it'd be 95% Stunkys though you smell a skunk nearly everyday driving.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I live in a quiet little area in PA.

I'd imagen there would be a lot of Pidgey and Fletchling along with plenty of Spinarak as we got some spiders.

Probably a descent amount of Torkoal and Machomp helping out at the train station we got close by..

I live in Louisiana, so i could see a ton of different types of pokemon here i imagine. Probably every fish pokemon imaginable, the sandile evo line, the totodile evo line, pretty much any pokemon you could find in the great marsh area in sinnoh.

Lots of Rattata, Bunneby, and unfortunately probably Grimer and Muk.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
For me, sawsbuck, lots of fish/water pokes. Swanna and pelipper, tauros and miltankx10000. Persian (I see it more as a mountain lion.), spearow/fearows. Honchkrow. Heriders/arcanines. Arbok, stunkys. Braviary (have an eagle living in our woods even)

My team: Arbok, sawsbuck, braviary, arcanine, tauros, golduck.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I don't know exactly what Pokémon would exist in my area. So to answer the second question, I don't know, because that would depend on the Pokémon that live in my area. However, I can and will answer the other questions, because I this topic comes up all the time.

In answer to the third question, I wouldn't have a team, but I could however see myself having a few as pets.

In answer to the fourth question, there would be no Gyms anywhere in the US (legally), because Pokémon Battling would have probably already been outlawed.