• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If pokemon were real and in your area...

CelloX

Lets say that pokemon existed on earth, what kind of pokemon do you think you would see in your region of the world? Are any of them pokemon you would like to have? What kind of team would you be able to get together with your local pokemon? What types of gyms would be near you?

Since I live in Michigan, I would imagine that there would be a lot of water types (mainly freshwater ones), as well as the deer (Stantler/Sawsbuck), skunks (Skuntank), bats (Zubat/Swoobat), raccoons (Zigzagoon?), and mice (Pikachu/dedenne/etc). As for birds, I can imagine most of the common birds being here as well as Wingull, Murkrow, Hoothoot, and Ducklett. The urban and industrial areas could be a source of many unusual pokemon, such as pollution pokemon (Grimer/Koffing?), powerplant attracted pokemon (Magnemite/Voltorb?), and worker pokemon (Timburr/Machop?). There are many other animals that live in Michigan, but a lot are not found in both peninsulas.

I could see myself having a team consisting of any of these pokemon: Wingull, Murkrow, Koffing(?), Hoothoot, Poliwag, Magnemite(?), Shellder, Stantler, Woobat

As for Michigan gyms, I could see steel, water, and flying gyms as being appropriate.

(I apologize if there is a better thread than this already present)

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I'm in a rather rural part of New Jersey. Plenty of trees and woods and little ponds and stuff but lots of little neighborhoods.

In the woods, I could imagine plenty of Pidgey, Stantler, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Pikachu, and Pachirisu. In the ponds, there could be Poliwag, Surskit, Ducklett, and Swanna.

My team would consist of Pidgeot, Ursaring, Linoone, Pikachu, Poliwrath, and Masquerain.

There might be a Normal or Grass-type gym nearby.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I live in an alpine jungle where there are little to no animals, and very few insects, the only things I would see are Volcarona (Goliath Moths), MAsquerain :3 (Puddle Moths or whatever they're called), and Venomoth.

Huzzah, Bug Types :3

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Melbourne, Australia for me, so I'd probably see a lot of electric pokemon like Magnemite and some wild Pokemon like Poochyena or Houndour, probably. ;)

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
I live in an alpine jungle where there are little to no animals, and very few insects, the only things I would see are Volcarona (Goliath Moths), MAsquerain :3 (Puddle Moths or whatever they're called), and Venomoth.

Huzzah, Bug Types :3

Is that why you like Surskit so much ;283;

I, too, live in Michigan, but in an area where there are more squirrels, rabbits, and deer than anything else. (For some reason, the squirrels seem to be common on most midwestern college campuses)

There's a cemetery right outside the dorm I stay in. That's a possibility for a boss Froslass encounter.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I live in Orlando, FL. I expect to see alot of the "swamp" Pokemon, bug type Pokemon, and a few awesome water Pokemon by the coast.

I'd start my team with Squirtle, Froakie, Snivy or Bulbasaur. The rest would be all water types. I'd be one of those kids in the inner tubes battling on the beach.

flygonabsol99

I'm in the Mojave Desert, so we'd probably have stuff like the trapinch line, cacnea, hippotas/hippowdon, and some sandiles. Not the best choice, I'd take a Flygon and go to another area to catch some cooler pokemon.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Is that why you like Surskit so much ;283;

I, too, live in Michigan, but in an area where there are more squirrels, rabbits, and deer than anything else. (For some reason, the squirrels seem to be common on most midwestern college campuses)

There's a cemetery right outside the dorm I stay in. That's a possibility for a boss Froslass encounter.

Lol, nah, I just like Surskit, regardless of it, since I'm squeamish to rl bugs :/

Oh, but stuff like Fletchling and Joltik might appear, and a little hígher up, Snorunt and Sover too, probably.

ace-of-aces

Minecraft YouTuber
Ohio- Probably alot of pokemon that live in the forest, and Alot of Zubat. I THINK THERE WOULD ALSO BE ALOT OF PSYCHIC TYPES.

Mew The Gato

Otherwise, I think Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant would be common here, as would Emolga and deer Pokemon like Stantler and Sawsbuck. Meditite and Medicham, too, considering their origin. India is vast in terms of terrains, so there would probably be a lot of Type diversity. Wild cats like Liepard and (perhaps) Arcanine, snake Pokemon like Arbok and Serperior, and many kinds of canines like Lucario.

Our national animal (Not counting birds.) would probably be Arcanine, while our national bird would be Ho-oh.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I live in a small town in mid-Sweden, surrounded by hills and a lot of forest. There's a large river flowing through the area, and some relatively small lakes here and there. Winters tend to drag on for months and we get a lot of snow. Summers are quite nice, but fairly short.

Common Pokémon:
-Pidgey
-Spearow
-Rattata
-Farfetch'd
-Spinarak
-Taillow
-Bidoof
-Buneary
-Lillipup
-Bunnelby

In the lakes/rivers:
-Squirtle
-Psyduck
-Poliwag
-Slowpoke
-Magikarp
-Wooper
-Remoraid
-Mudkip
-Ducklett

Forest areas:
-Bulbasaur
-Sandshrew
-Zubat
-Paras
-Hoothoot/Noctowl
-Dunsparce
-Teddiursa/Ursaring
-Stantler
-Pineco/Forretress
-Swinub
-Wurmple
-Spoink/Grumpig
-Pachirisu
-Deerling/Sawsbuck
-Snover
-Petilil
-Foongus/Amoonguss
-Dedenne
-Phantump/Trevenant

Rare Pokémon found in remote areas:
-Vulpix
-Clefairy
-Geodude
-Onix
-Gastly/Haunter
-Cubone/Marowak
-Sneasel
-Delibird
-Houndour
-Misdreavus
-Ralts/Kirlia
-Absol
-Baltoy/Claydol
-Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass
-Cryogonal
-Fennekin
-Flabébé/Floette

Not sure how accurate this list would be, and I'm probably missing some obvious ones. Added some Pokémon that I think would fit in with the surroundings here for extra variety. Anyway, looking at the list, I think this would be a pretty good place for new Pokémon trainers to start their journey, or for veteran trainers to fill up their PokéDex with some of the rare ones.

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

I think that my city would have a lot of Pidove because here is infested of doves. Plus, because there are rats in the sewers, we would also see some Rattata/Raticates popping out at night.

ash 243

if pokemon were real in the world in my region there would be three types ground rock grass and water theres a lot of that in my region the pokemon I would want would be terracion

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
There are sometimes stray cats where I am, so I guess when it comes to pokemon there would be some Mewoth and glameow roaming about. As well as Spearow, Fletchling and pacharisu in the trees. Also, people like to walk their dogs, so that would be alot of canine pokemon

Venu

I live in rural northern Maine, but there's no moose pokemon.. definitely sawsbuck and stantler though. Ursaring because of black bears, and sneasel/meinshao because of weasels. Stunky, zigzagoon... there's no coyote pokemon. Snover and abomasnow definitely. Typical bird and freshwater fish ones as well. Pineco, mudkips line, ekans... And maybe some ghosts because of all the dying towns around here haha.

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
I live in an area where it's super cold in the winter and super hot in the summer.

So maybe in the winter, a lot of snowprone pokemon- like Mamoswine or Abomasnow. And in the summer, probably normal pokemon like Zigzagoon or even Teddiursa . Maybe any type of bird pokemon since there are a lot of birds where I live. I live near a port too, so Corsola, Seaking, Magikarp, etc.

I would also probably never leave my house if Pokemon were real since i'm such a scaredy-cat.

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
Well, there actually was a thread like this a while back, but I don't mind repeating myself.

I live in Birmingham, AL, which is a huge medical center with an enormous medical school taking up a portion of the city. I'd expect to see some Chansey and Blissey walking around downtown just because.
In my neighbourhood, there'd be common city Pokemon, like Pidgey, Taillow and Starly and the like. I have two dogs, and they love to kill rats, so when I walk into the backyard I'd probably see two big Manectric's tearing up a poor Rattata.