• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If pokemon were real and in your area...

Geo152

Hmm in Miami I think I would see

By the Beach
-Peliper and Wingull
-Tentacool and Tenracruel
-Krabby, Kingler, Corphish, and Crawdaunt
-Lapras

and everywhere else
-Eevee
-Absol(When a hurricane is coming)
-Pidgey,Starly,Tailow,Fletchling
-Rattata
-Machoke, Machop (Other various fighting type pokemon helping with construction)
-Feraligatr

The list can go on, but those are what I think would be around me as for my team it would be composed of
-Glaceon(Gotta beat that heat)
-Staraptor
Dratini(Mail order from some other part of the world......or rather GTS)

MattySadler

I live in a fairly big city with a good mix of urban and rural areas, so I think my city would be home to quite a broad range of Pokemon.

Interesting things though; about half an hour from me is an electric power plant (think Kanto region) where we used to play, so I imagine that'd be home to a lot of Electric-types. We've also got a long canal which goes right through the city and connects to a few others, home to some good Water-types I'd imagine. Not really anywhere around here for Ice-types unfortunately.

Necro101

For me, it is really hard deciding what Pokemon because of where I live which is Canada, ON. In the summer it gets really warm, but in the winter it gets really cold since I don't live close to a significant mass of water. There are many forests, this means grass type would be common. But what would happen during those massive snowstorms in the winter (already have a 1' 1/2"of snow outside). If the grass type would want to survive, they'd need to migrate or hibernate. Normal Pokemon such as Ursaring would be just fine, but Pokemon like Sunflower or Oddish would have trouble surviving. This would be the same for winter since Ice type would survive in winter but "melt" in summer (you get what I mean by melt). They'd need to head north during the summer since it would harder for them to survive in a hot region (not impossible). Because of the forests, ghost type, fairy, psychic, poison and bug would work. Pokemon that live in mountains would have trouble living here since there aren't many mountains. Mountains are still present, but they aren't anything impressive. Water type would have many rivers and lakes to live in thus they would be very common. In the city I live in, there would be many flying types since birds are very common. They would mostly be the more common birds like the pidgey line, the Fletchling line, the Murkrow line.. Etc Nothing too spectacular like Braviary. Only a very few Braviary. During spring, many swamps are created thus Pokemon who like swampy regions could survive for a couple of month. The only type of climat that is not present here is a desert like climat. Thus Pokemon such as Cacturne or Flygon. To add, many fire type would not be able to live in my region. I live in a very diverse region. But, other Pokemon that would have trouble surviving are probably electric, steel, rock and ground type. Electric type would need to stay in the downtown parts of the city and steel types in caves which means that in my region there would not be many steel, rock and ground type, but because there are many caves around where I live, they would be easy to acquire. To keep this "short", Pokemon would change constantly in my regain because of the always changing temperatures due to the water.

RAWK ON

There are probably still mistakes, but writing this on a phone is a real pain. CERTAINLY auto correct. The word region was either corrected to clumsy or dragon... XD

Last edited:

tardis

I live about a half hour away from NYC (not counting traffic) on Long Island. Since it is on the water and everything is water based in terms of spring and summer, I would expect basically every water type ever, squirtles, swannas, etc. in ponds. Wingulls, corphish, magikarp, staryus in the north shore. Wingulls, sharkpedos, basculins on the south shore which leads into the ocean. On land I would expect dog like pokemon, the common birds like pidgies and pidoves,zigzagoons, bunnelbies and other rodent pokemon and of course salamences due to all the dragons here. NYC would have grimers, koffings, pidoves, and ratticates and pokemon that work with people like gurdder and would probably have a steel gym while LI would have a water gym.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Okay, then, since I also live in The Netherlands, I may as well do that too.

Alrighty, Surskit, Joltik, and Fletchling will be found everywhere, during winter, I suspect Cubchoo and Swinub appear, while Wingull, Ducklett, Miltank, Tauros, and Stantler will appear regardless.
... Actually, probably the majority of the Pokémon found in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh would appear, since the climate of Japan and The Netherlands are very similar.

Navarch

Here in Pennsylvania, I can see lots of Sinnoh/Unova Pokemon. It gets pretty chilly here most of the year besides summer, so maybe lots of Water Types and Grass Types. Water would make sense considering we have lots of lakes.

GreenSweeper

Pokemon = supr srs
I live in a suburban area. Here you'd probably see lots of Pidgey/Pidove and many of the various cat Pokemon all year round, as well as many Pikachu (and its lookalikes) living in the trees, with a few Rattata, Poochyena, and Zigzagoon coming out after dark.

In the Summer some Yanma, Ninjask and various Butterfly Pokemon would begin to appear, with maybe even a few Hoppip or cottonee drifting by overhead.

After the onset of Winter Murkrows and Wingulls would replace the Pidgey and Pidoves.

We have several ponds and a river nearby. Surrounding the river on both sides is woodland, and outside of the the woods are dry, grassy fields.

In the ponds you'd find Ducklett, Magikarp, Lotad, Surskuit, Marill, Poliwag/Poliwhirls, Goldeen and Corphish.

Some of the murkier, more marsh-like ponds might have Whooper, Mudkips, members of the Tympole line, Croagunk and Barboach.

The River would have more Magikarp, more Corphish, migrating Remoraid close to evolving, Finneon and Clauncher. Some parts of the river also have rocky shores where Geodude and Dwebble might hide.

The Woodlands on either side of the river would be full of Seedot/Nuzleaf, Tailow, Shroomish, Oddish/Gloom, Spinarak, Hoothoot/Noctowl, Pineco, the Caterpie/Weedle lines and all of the similar lines from future generations, Bidoof, Combee, etc.

The fields would probably be home to Stantler, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Mightyena, Ekans/Seviper, Buneary/Bunnelby, Patrat/Watchog, Mareep/Flaffy, Linoone, Blitzle, Doduo/Dodtrio and possibly Scyther.

:D

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I live on an island in the Atlantic, so there would be a lot of water types around. Magikarp, Gyarados, wailord, sharpedo, frillish up the yin yang, octillery, remoraid... If it lives in cool oceans it'll probably be here. On land... Starly and pidgey and spearow, deerling and sawsbuck, maybe a few ursaring. Mightyena and maybe houndour (since we're infested with coywolves IRL). Surskit (I have seen water striders) and masquerain, venonat and venomoth, beedrill, butterfree, heracross, stuff like that.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Okay, then, since I also live in The Netherlands, I may as well do that too.

Alrighty, Surskit, Joltik, and Fletchling will be found everywhere, during winter, I suspect Cubchoo and Swinub appear, while Wingull, Ducklett, Miltank, Tauros, and Stantler will appear regardless.
... Actually, probably the majority of the Pokémon found in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh would appear, since the climate of Japan and The Netherlands are very similar.

I'm sure the Pokémon that lives in the mountains will be an exception of that because we don't have mountains in the Netherlands. Only a small part isn't flat land, and for most people outside the Netherlands the mountains there are quite a laugh.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm sure the Pokémon that lives in the mountains will be an exception of that because we don't have mountains in the Netherlands. Only a small part isn't flat land, and for most people outside the Netherlands the mountains there are quite a laugh.

I know, hence why I said "majority", which would disclude Mountainous and desert-esque Pokémon, for obvious reasons.
Almost everything in Sinnoh seems likely to exist there, though.

Probably the most mountainous Pokémon that may inhabit could be Snover :/

Taylor516

I live in a very heavily forested area, so, I'd really expect to see some pokemon like Shroomish, Furret, Stantler/Sawsbuck, Fletching, Pidgey, Taillow and various other birds, tons of bug types all scurrying along the forest floors, I'd have to throw in Vulpix as there are a ton of foxes, I'd say you'd be likely to see Buneary and Bunelby as well, probably some Poochyena/Mightyena in the clearings and forests for the wolf/coyote population, tons of raccoons so I could imagine a Zigzagoon infestation. Some Persian or Pyroar may take the place of mountain lions. In winter I could see the possibility for ice types due the large amounts of snow that usually accumulate but where they'd hide the rest of the year, I'm not sure. Definitely Zubat and Noivern flying around at night and living in the various caves in the area. There is a ton of water due to the lakes, ponds and rivers all running through the forests so I could count on the bodies of water being full of the various water types and fish inspired pokemon, erm, I think that probably close to covers all that would probably be native to my area.

Last edited:

Proximity

I live near a forest so much likely Pokemon that reside in in-game forests like Viridian Forest or Eterna Forest (Caterpie, Weedle, Oddish etc)

PancakesNSyrup

Completely Delicious
I live in Scotland so we'd have a few birds.. Braviary, Wingull, Pidgeys and Pidoves. Herdier, because terriers. Deerling and Sawsbuck, and loads of water Pokemon for the lochs. Lapras too, 'cause it's kind of like Nessie, I guess. We'd have the usual city pokemon as well, Glameows, Rattata, etc.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
In my area, we have a lot of forests, fields, and small ponds and lakes. So I would expect to see:
Deerling, Sawsbuck, Stantler, rarely I would find Vulpix (we get foxes in our area, but they are very rare), Pachirisu would be common (a ton of squirrels). I guess that's it for land animals.
As for the water, probably Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Politoed (most likely in summer only, we get frogs in the summer), Squirtle (we get turtles here, and I believe Squirtle is the only water-turtle living in the modern era, so it would have to be Squirtle), and probably Goldeen and Seaking.
For air, the common birds (e.g. Pidgey, Tailow), but rarely there would be Pokemon that are similar to birds of prey, such as Staraptor and Hawlucha. I guess that's it.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I guess Poison-type pokemon and Dark-type pokemon would be extremely common here where I live. Ghost-type and some Steel-type would be here, too. Scraggy, Houndour, Murkrow, Koffings, Garbodor, Gastly, Magnemite. And some Normal-types too, such as Pidgey and Snubull. Bug-types would have its place with Scythers, Durants, Beedrill and Butterfree or rather Vivillon.
In winter and autumn, however, pokemons that like and its live would be dependant of rain (rather drizzle, although heavy rains are common both in winter and summer) would live here too. Some Fire-types would appear in summer, too, such as Cyndaquil and Tepig.
Really... I guess I could make a nice team with them!

Last edited:

AnyRandomName

Paper thin defenses
I'm in NYC. I see rattata,nraticate, rattata, koffing, rattata, weezing, rattata, flying types, vibrava, rattata, and probably a home for zapdos, raikou, registeel, latios, and Yveltal..

My team might be: Flygon, Raikou (hopefully if not, Pikachu), Braviary/Staraptor, Latios (more hope), some kind of bug, and some steel type

Gyms: Electric, Steel, Ground (should be a gym everywhere), Poison, and pollution types.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
I reside just outside of Flagstaff, Arizona. It's still the desert, but the city itself is surrounded by a prosperous forest. Grass types would line the forest (not many bug types, however) ; rock, ground, and sometimes steel, fire, and electric types would stay in the desert or occasionally pass through; ice types would swarm the area around winter time; poison and dark types would be uncommon but not unheard of; normal and flying types are a given; dragon types may hide on the nearby mountains.

Probably little to no water, fairy, ghost, fighting, and psychic for me.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I live in Philadelphia, the urban parts I see Rattata, Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite maybe even Meowth and Purrloin, then there's the rural parts where I see Miltank and Ponyta and the forest areas where I see Deerling and Poocheyena