• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Pokemon were real, what Pokemon would be native to your area?

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Hypothetically, if the street you live on or town you live in were in the Pokemon World, what Pokemon would you see day to day? Think of the wild animals in your area, and what Pokemon would replace them?

Personally I live in a small town in Michigan with a lot of fields, woods, and a river, so:

Squirtle, Pachirisu, Stantler, Vulpix, Poochyena, Magikarp, Wooper, Barboach, Ledyba, Spinarak, Yanma, Weedle, Farfetch'd, Stunky, Murkrow, Spearow, Taillow, Sunkern, Roselia, Turtwig, Rattatta, Bidoof

Wow that grew quickly. I just posted the earliest stages for ease.

But how about you? Any Totodiles in Florida? Overabundance of Pidgey in NYC? Lapras in Scotland?

granbull guy

Vasoline
Alot of Normal types maybe some bug types

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Seedots would be crawling in my yard.

Barbroaches in a lake.

Random Grovyles, Sceptiles, Brelooms, Nuzleafs, and Shiftrys in the woord.

And Zigzagoons would be sorta common.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
Hm... Bird, turtle, squirrel, mice, snake, bug, fish, amphibian, and deer Pokemon would probably be in my area. Especially birds, bugs, and deer.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I live in California so pokemon adapted to desert-like conditions.

Sandshrew, Pidgeotto, Staraptor, Murkrow, Diglett, Cacnea.

Gah, my brain is being lazy. May post again just to expand the list.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
most likely pidgeys, wurmples, oddishs, butterfree and some more grass pokemon............

Onion_The_Purple_Ivysaur

I haz anntteenneeee
I live in a desert, but near a river and a golf course so...

Cacnea, Pidgey, and Hoothoot, plus some Tauros (large empty fields for them) and Geodude and as much as I hate them; Nosepass in the mountains. The river is all marshy and overgrown and I think Crawdaunts, Sevipers and maybe Totodiles.

The ponds on the gold course would definatly have Goldeen and Poliwags!

Upa

Pink Floyd Never Die
I live in Mumbai, India.
so...

we'd see lot of mothim and burmy. In the sea we'd have gorebyss and huntail cause you find some creatures like that and perhaps tentacool and tentacruel idk.

we have loads of crows and pidgeons so our birds would be spearow, murkrow, pidgey and its evolutions. also zubat.

we have loadsa stray dogs and some wild dogs up in the hills so basically poochyena and other dog pokemon which I'm forgetting.

as a legendary we might have lugia here.

truth is there is not much wildlife or animals in Mumbai, partly because most of it is manmade and even before that it was an island (still is). Perhaps in the mainland we'd find more...

ribcage_x

I live in the downtown area sooo idk normal types & maybe a koffing here and there? :p But up north towrads the snowy mountain areas ice types!

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
lots of pidgey, pikachu, ratata and geodude

and if my pets where pokemon id have a skitty, arcanine, 3 spoinks and a ho-oh and lugia.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I live in Mumbai, India.
so...

we'd see lot of mothim and burmy. In the sea we'd have gorebyss and huntail cause you find some creatures like that and perhaps tentacool and tentacruel idk.

we have loads of crows and pidgeons so our birds would be spearow, murkrow, pidgey and its evolutions. also zubat.

we have loadsa stray dogs and some wild dogs up in the hills so basically poochyena and other dog pokemon which I'm forgetting.

as a legendary we might have lugia here.

truth is there is not much wildlife or animals in Mumbai, partly because most of it is manmade and even before that it was an island (still is). Perhaps in the mainland we'd find more...

Thank you for the insight though! Honestly this is the kind of stuff I was looking for when I made this thread, stuff with different places in the world.

Well, I live in an urban city, and...the steep hills are a few miles away from my area, so...

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Geodude_4realz.jpg[/img139]

(I'm pretty sure they're common in that particular area...)

Thanks now I'm gonna have nightmares of Ted Kennedy's ghost coming back and haunting me as a Geodude! *shudder*

mockingjay

swift and lol
i consider myself living in heaven because church is right next to my house so there would be like, rayquaza, arceus, togekiss, etc. holy pokemon for the win. (Y)

Pikatina

Fan of Typhlosion
Probably Rattata, Meowth, Houndour, Buneary, Pikachu and the Pidgey evolution line.

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Hmm, interesting question. We'd probably only get Pokemon like Tailow, Pidgey, Shinx, uhh, stuff like that. A few bug Pokemon too I would imagine. Pretty boring XD;

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
i consider myself living in heaven because church is right next to my house so there would be like, rayquaza, arceus, togekiss, etc. holy pokemon for the win. (Y)

ummm... rayquaza... no. but aceus yes, togekiss yes.

Well, I live in a cute little backwater town by a highway in BC, with loads of forests and mountains, so this could be fun!

Around the highway/in-town area there would probably be several small colonies of Wingull and Murkrow, seeing as those are the birds that I usually see. We wouldn't have Grimer of Koffing, as there is little pollution in our town. I'd likely see alot of Meowth and Glmaoew roaming some of the streets. There'd likely be some Starly and Pidgeot as well, seeing as our town is well known for the eagles that sometimes soar around the area.

In the foresty areas around town and up the craggy mountains, there'd likely be alot of Pachirisu, Ratata, Pikachu, Wumrple, Caterpie, Kricketot, Bidoof, Oddish, Seedot, Zigzagoon, Stantler, Teddiursa and Ursaring, Machop, Geodude (in the mountains)...really, I could go on for awhile here.

Around the beach is where most of the Wingull would be. I bet there'd be some Whiscash and Barboach at the bottom of the lake, maybe some Goldeen and Seaking, some Magikarp, and perhaps one or two Gyarados.

In the swampy part outside of town but still nearby, there would be loads of Croagunk, the Poliwag family, Lotad..Venonat.

During winter? Snorunt and Snover among others.

Okay, I think you get the picture...