• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Porygon2 and Porygon-Z were to appear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this thread because I've always wondered where/when they would have debuted. When/where/with who do you think? This is what I could see: When Conway first showed up for the Tag Battle Tournament, he would have Porygon2, and he would have used it in the tournament. Then, he would showcase Porygon-Z in the league as it would have evolved. That's something I could have seen in DP. I think Conway and Porygon2/-Z fit together perfectly, too.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Let's face it they aren't going to star these Pokemon, to many bad memories for the show, even if Pikachu's attack caused the seizure incident, Porygon was used as the scapegoat and that won't change.

Though theoretically if they did appear I'd have to agree that Conway is a likely bet, a artificially created Pokemon for a person who looks kinda scientist-ish lol.

Let's face it they aren't going to star these Pokemon, to many bad memories for the show, even if Pikachu's attack caused the seizure incident, Porygon was used as the scapegoat and that won't change.

I know they won't appear after that. This is a 'what if' kind of thing.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Ash: Wow what is that?

*Scans with Pokédex*

Porgyon-Z, the seizure Pokémon.

The final evolution of Porygon, Porygon-Z produces flashing lights to stun it's opponents, enabling it to make a getaway.

Okay, so it seems everyone is reading this thread wrong. This thread is about if they were to ever appear in the anime and there was a clean slate, so to speak, when/where/with whom would you want them to appear?

DMerle

Guess who's back
Okay, so it seems everyone is reading this thread wrong. This thread is about if they were to ever appear in the anime and there was a clean slate, so to speak, when/where/with whom would you want them to appear?

Ash requests some Pokémon from Oak for the league, during the transfer he receives the balls as normal but when he calls it out a Porygon2 emerges, Ash is confused and contacts Oak who says there must be a system error. Ash and co are stood by the computer when there warped inside by something, it turns out a Porygon-Z has gotten stuck in the system somewhere and they must beat it at some games to escape - Cilan turns out to be a video game connoisseur and helps everyone defeat Porygon-Z at space invaders, pacman, snake etc. After defeating it Cilan captures it letting them escape and sends it to Oak to analyse, Oak thanks Cilan for his help and says he can keep the Porygon2.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Porygon2 would most likely have been given a filler in Johto, as would Porygon-Z in Sinnoh, probably centering around deciphering the coding which causes the change via the Dubious Disc. Then one could well have been a league opponent.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I could easily see Conway using Porygon2 and Porygon-Z for sure, but I also could see a Scientist like trainer use 'em. But I hate the idea of Porygon's evolutions suffering because of the bad memories. At least Green/Blue uses Porygon2 in Pokémon Adventures, even if he hasn't gotten Porygon-Z yet.

It was pretty clear that Pikachu was to blame for the seizure incident and not Porygon. They should had brought Porygon back into the show during the Kanto series, because i sure don't see it happening now.

Ver-mont

If they were to appear, it could be in some episode involving the Pokémon transference system, in order to use another virtual world scenario. They could even introduce Amanita, no PC developer since Bill has shown up in the anime.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I don't understand why they're so taboo. They're 2 different Pokemon, and the animators can be careful to make it not cause seizures. To this day, the only official appearance of the line is in a Who's That Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.