• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If Skill Swap was permanent...

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
This idea comes from... well, me being quite noobish when it comes to reading online and hearing rumours. See, I attempted a bit of a Skill Swap chain under the guise that the ability switch was permanent.

Well, it isn't of course, but wouldn't that be interesting if it was?
(I was trying to swap Cherrim's ability to my Sunny Day-Synthesis-Solarbeam combo Chikorita)

So here's a question.

If Skill Swap was permanent, what abilities would you swap to which pokemon?
(And not the obvious stuff, like Pure Power to, like, Attack form Deoxys. What about crazier stuff?)

It would be nice if the starters could have different abilities. I would love to give my Infernape Water Absorb and my Torterra Filter.

It would also be fun to give random Pokemon (like Pikachu, Buneary, Octillery...) an ability like Levitate.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Speed Boost on Shuckle, Huge Power on Shuckle, Truant to Magikarp, Intimidate to Slaking, Multitype to Unown, Huge Power on Marowak, Slow Start on Garchomp, Swift Swim on Emo-poleon(lol), Huge Power on Bidoof, Simple on Deoxys, Mold Breaker to Gengar, Levitate to Dugtrio, many many more.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Some crazy skill swaps? How about a Gyarados with Lightningrod?
Or a Ninjask with the "stall"-ability?
At least a Rattata with Intimidate would make some sense to forewarn the opponent to FEAR it. Other obvius would be any Rotom-form with Motordrive, right?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
If it did, Wonder Tomb would become real.

And Regigigas and Slaking would actually be good.

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
Wonder Guard on Spiritomb.
That would be something huh?

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
Well, Wonderguard can't be swapped, even with the technique, so thankfully that wouldn't and couldn't happen. (Well, without hax, anyhoo)

Which is also true for Multi-type, which I think is a bit odd.

But the type attack absorbers would be fun on pokemon weak to those attacks, and I'd like a Flygon with Lightning rod~

Nolan Bentley

a Muk with cute charm... ewwwwww

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
If skill swap was permanent, and Wonderguard could be skill swapped, then stall teams would most likely increase in frequency and offensive teams would decrease.

TacoHawk76

Will dance for blood
Well how about Hippowdon with levitate huh?

Stop and think about how that would look for a second.

Next is Tangrowth with static. He looks like a giant rug to me. And poison point Sandslash would work too. Shuckle with sand stream would be a Sp. Defence BEAST because rock types get a Sp. Def boost in a sandstorm and his Sp. Def is already monsterous. Swellow with Syncronize, pretty good move because in competive battling its always burning its self [looks at sig]. Scrappy forretress could rapid spin or explode whenever he wanted to, with no ghosts to block it (Mr. Forretress, you are now clear to detonate). And the last i can think of is... garchomp with Thick fat. Imagine trying to take down a Garchomp with a yache berry and thick fat...

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
A levitate Hippowdon is possible. Magnet Rise + Baton Pass.

OMGOMGOMG!!!! What if all abilities could be passed, and skill swap was permanent, and we had multi-ability? Spiritomb holding a Toxic Orb with the abilities Wonderguard, Air-Lock, Rock Head, Poison Heal, and No Guard.

I might have missed a few things, but if I didn't, that would be an invincible Spiritomb.

League

Master Abra Catcher
I'm sure Wonderguard and Magic Guard would do.

RUBBADUCKY

execute order 66
then i guess those invincible wonder gaurd spiritombs would become legit. do you have any idea how many sweepers would be tormented with slow start during wifi matches! that would be terrible

still i would love to give effect spore to my golem

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
Um, I would give wonderguard to all of my pokemon...

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I'd give a Dragonite Thick Fat, I'd probably give a Magikarp Wonder Guard (or Intimidate, muahahaha), and I'd also give Mew Multitype for the heck of it...