• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If talent had a face, it'd be Gaga!

KetchupO

tωisted
Electronica/Dance Appreciation Thread
http://i43.*******.com/30ku7a1.gif
Any Gaga fans here??

This woman is amazing : O

She's worked really hard to get where she is today and has earned every bit of her fame through her persistence & dedication.

Known for her distinct sense of style, she's also a talented song writer, a great performer & an amazing vocalist.
For naysayers
She is everything that was missing from this industry.

So does anyone else appreciate this woman's talent? :)
Her album 'The Fame' is possibly the best album of 08 I'd have to say.

So who are you're fave electronica/dance artists/bands & songs?

Last edited:

KetchupO

tωisted
Rules

Keep it in the specific genre threads if you don't want it getting closed :3

Fine.
Discuss the Electronica/Dance genre :)

Your fave artists/bands & electronica/dance songs.

treespyro

Vintage much?
She had talent not Gaga, Legend

So does anyone else appreciate this woman's talent?

No, Because It is not really Talent

KetchupO

tωisted
She had talent not Gaga, Legend

No, Because It is not really Talent

This is an Appreciation thread.
Look it up.

What do you think Lady Gaga is lacking if you think it's 'not talent'? ;/

treespyro

Vintage much?
Oh I know what that means, I just don't Appreciate her, So I am voicing my opinion on who is talented

What do you think Lady Gaga is lacking if you think it's 'not talent'? ;/
Simple, It is going by what majority of the current generation's taste and that is why is doing well, It is all marketing and timing. Majority of Artist that aren't talented and are successful do that

KetchupO

tωisted
Oh I know what that means, I just don't Appreciate her, So I am voicing my opinion on who is talented

You don't have to diss someone to appreciate someone else.

Simple, It is going by what majority of the current generation's taste and that is why is doing well, It is all marketing and timing. Majority of Artist that aren't talented and are successful do that
That made no grammatical sense.

Why is it hard for you to accept that mainstream &/or current musicians can have talent?

I provided proof of her talent, you haven't given anything to oppose it but crap.

Deathconsciousness

mraaaaaaaaaaaa
surprised ketchupo has not mentioned britney yet.

oh and most things in the mainstream require very little talent in the first place, or they suck all that was there out.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I provided proof of her talent, you haven't given anything to oppose it but crap.

No you didn't, I don't have proof. I can be like Yuji Ide in 2006 and earn $1 million plus per weekend when I am on the job and still not be talented

Why is it hard for you to accept that mainstream &/or current musicians can have talent?

Madonna Yes, Kylie Yes, Prince Yes, Lady Gaga No. I think she doesn't have talent, she just doesn't add anything new and feeds off the current teenage population. U2 is mainstream, Bon Jovi,

You don't have to diss someone to appreciate someone else.

I didn't diss her. All I posted was in my opinion I don't think she is talented.

KetchupO

tωisted
surprised ketchupo has not mentioned britney yet.
Britney is generally pop.
Although I guess some of her songs could be filed under the 'dance' genre...

oh and most things in the mainstream require very little talent in the first place, or they suck all that was there out.
I completely agree with the bolded part.

No you didn't, I don't have proof.
Did you even read the first post?
Click the link, there's all the proof you'll need.
Amazing vocals, great song [she wrote herself] & talented piano playing.

Madonna Yes,
Lmao.
Kylie Yes,
Lmao.
Prince Yes,
No comment.
Lady Gaga No.
Lady Gaga's talent craps all over the names you mentioned.
Her vocal ability exceeds them all, her writing capabilities rival them greatly & she plays more instruments & produces more of her own songs than they do.

FYI: Prince & Madonna are actually one of Gaga's biggest influences.

I think she doesn't have talent, she just doesn't add anything new and feeds off the current teenage population. U2 is mainstream, Bon Jovi,
Gaga's music is totally different than anything right now.
She began a new trend actually. She bought back electronica to mainstream music.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
This is your opinion, I respect that and I am not going to argue because it will get nowhere. I still stand by my comments, Lets just end it there.

Prince, Madonna and Kylie are way better in my opinon

And I still Stand by saying that she (Gaga) is not talented or Hot

Pearl's Perap

I've just taken the time to listen to that song and, apart from losing several valuable minutes of my life, I can't see what's so special? Her voice doesn't sound like anything special at all and i'm sure there are plenty of artists that completely dick on her.

On top of that, she's hardly brought anything into the mainstream, I hadn't even heard of her until you made this thread.

KetchupO

tωisted
And I still Stand by saying that she (Gaga) is not talented or Hot
Why does she need to be 'hot'? ;/
Ew, as if Madonna or Kylie are, haha xD
Prince is kinda cute, lmao.

I've just taken the time to listen to that song and, apart from losing several valuable minutes of my life, I can't see what's so special?
I'm sure they ain't that valuable.
Her voice doesn't sound like anything special at all and i'm sure there are plenty of artists that completely dick on her.
I'm not saying she's the best, but there's no denying she's one of the more talented acts in current music.
On top of that, she's hardly brought anything into the mainstream, I hadn't even heard of her until you made this thread.
She's fairly new.
But you must have heard her singles 'Just Dance' and/or Pokerface, both were extremely successful.

Anyway people, no one has yet named they're fave Electronica &/or Dance artist/band or song ;/

Pearl's Perap

Ew, as if Madonna or Kylie are, haha xD

Okay, gotta agree with that

I'm sure they ain't that valuable.

Maybe even that

I'm not saying she's the best, but there's no denying she's one of the more talented acts in current music.

To me, she doesn't sound like she has any more talent that most people in current music, like I said, nothing special really.

She's fairly new.
But you must have heard her singles 'Just Dance' and/or Pokerface, both were extremely successful.

Never heard of either until now o_o

Anyway people, no one has yet named they're fave Electronica &/or Dance artist/band or song ;/

Alright, well, I believe Crystal Castles fall under the Electronica/Experimental genres so I'll have to go with them, I've loved them for years and still do.

Favourite song, hmm, I think I'll have to go with 'Mother Knows Best' or 'Untrust Us' by Crystal Castles D:

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Can everyone stop hating on Ketchup, please? If not for Ketchup's sake, than for people who ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF, rather than argue with the OP.

Anyway, I think Gaga is quite promising. I'm a fan of synth-pop and dance-pop, so I liked it. On the other hand, if I want synth-pop, I can just listen to The Human League. Her synth-pop isn't the most innovative, either, and for modern, non-'80s synth-pop, Girls Aloud have done a better job in that respect, and that's not even considering the '80s gods of synth-pop like Soft Cell and The Human League.

But she has talent for sure. I'd be interested in seeing more from her. She's making damn good pop music.

Britney is generally pop.
Although I guess some of her songs could be filed under the 'dance' genre...
I'd say she's close enough, and seeing as the pop thread has sunk, here's as good a place to discuss her as any. Her newer stuff (especially Blackout) is electronic enough to count, and Britney's strongest point was always dance stuff (not saying I don't love songs like Everytime, but you catch my drift).

I just bought Circus, and loved it. I think it's possibly here best yet. I never was keen on her early stuff (...Baby One More Time and Oops...) but since then, she's just become better and better.

The only song I was disappointed with was Womanizer. Was a bit too lacking in melody for me.

Pearl's Perap

I'd say she's close enough, and seeing as the pop thread has sunk, here's as good a place to discuss her as any.

Let's change the name of the thread from Gaga to a new pop thread, then, since I'm sure with a name like this it will get closed, since it's primary focus WAS on a single artist.

I just bought Circus, and loved it. I think it's possibly here best yet. I never was keen on her early stuff (...Baby One More Time and Oops...) but since then, she's just become better and better.

The only song I was disappointed with was Womanizer. Was a bit too lacking in melody for me.

I've only heard one or two songs off of Circus but I'm liking what I'm hearing. Womanizer is probably my favourite out of what I've heard though, I don't know why, I just like it.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
to be honest, it is quite hard not to, as it forces it's opinions forward as fact far too frequently. and the whole britney thing. wow.
Are you kidding me? Who cares if he likes Britney? I like Britney, and I would defend her music in a debate. In fact, what has she got to do with it anyway?

Moreover, being assertive in your opinions in a good trait more often than not. Yeah, Ketchup has pushed it a bit sometimes, but so have I, and so have hundreds of people.

And that goddamn gay thread was a joke. Since then, even the moderators have been taking the piss out of KetchupO. It's fucking ridiculous. He's forward in his opinions. So what?

Also, I love how you call KetchupO an "it". Very respectful.

I've only heard one or two songs off of Circus but I'm liking what I'm hearing. Womanizer is probably my favourite out of what I've heard though, I don't know why, I just like it.
I like the title the best out of them all. Unusual You is brilliant though, as is If U Seek Amy and Mannequin. Class album. In terms of ballads as well - Out from Under was a very emotional song. I loved it to pieces.

Last edited:

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Lady Gaga's talent craps all over the names you mentioned.
Her vocal ability exceeds them all, her writing capabilities rival them greatly & she plays more instruments & produces more of her own songs than they do.
Poker Face...

What a lyrically amazing song! :]

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
^Yeah, I know! That's the song that caught my attention first! I just loved it. Brilliant piece of synth/dance-pop. Great lyrics, great synth bleeps and bloops and just plain top-class pop. Loved every second. I imagine Gaga can only get better too, which would be great. She's got tonnes of potential.

I think that style of music is coming back in. Girls Aloud's latest album is really electronic, and Circus had its fair share of synth-y dance-pop too, though Blackout had more, as I said earlier. That should be fabulous - I love that type of music. ^_^