• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the BW saga takes place in a distant time.

Wouldn't that make the Dex Holders of the past regions be between the ages 20-30? How many years does the BW saga transcend over the course of main game? Five to ten years? If you think about it, the original RGBY are already in their late 20's. 0__o It would be weird to see everyone getting old as time goes by for each new game. What do you think. I wonder if Sird will appear in the BW saga? ( a shocking plot twist would be Sird being the mother of N )

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
Sird: Ghetsis never told you the truth about me, did he?

N: He told me enough! He told me you killed my mother!

Sird: No, boy! I AM your mother!

N: ...Really? >_>

Sird: No, not really. We just needed an obligatory Star Wars reference for a cheap laugh.

N: Cheap laughs? In Pokemon Special?! Nooooooooooo!

I really hope Concordia and Anthea make an appearance in the manga and actually have more screentime. Their appearance in BW were too short and all they did was tell you about being N's servants and/or caretakers. I wonder, if there are two of them, don't you think there could be a third that would be new in the game?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I really hope Concordia and Anthea make an appearance in the manga and actually have more screentime. Their appearance in BW were too short and all they did was tell you about being N's servants and/or caretakers. I wonder, if there are two of them, don't you think there could be a third that would be new in the game?

They have appeared....

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
Peace_and_Love_Adventures.png

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
According to Word of God, BW is 13 years after RBGY. 10 after GSC. So Red, Green and Blue would be 23 (... Wow. They're growing up~ It's seems only hours ago they were only 10 years old)

Kameinu

Arooo!
Red was about 16 by the RSE arc right? Then Ruby and Sapphire are in their late teens by this arc, around 18. So if we do get RSE remakes one day, I wonder in what period they will set the innevitable arc. Lol.

Red was about 16 by the RSE arc right? Then Ruby and Sapphire are in their late teens by this arc, around 18. So if we do get RSE remakes one day, I wonder in what period they will set the innevitable arc. Lol.
I don't see a viable RS remake anytime soon due to the recent disaster in Japan due to the similarity Groudon and Kyogre share with nature. Second of all, 10 years after the 4th generation? Well, at least that means everyone is still young and kicking; nonetheless, Oak and Rowan would already be in their 60's and 70's. ;__;

However even if the fifth gen does have an RS remake, I expect the time machine to return since in the fifth generation "obtained from specific location" states that all generation III Pokemon ( from the GBA games ) say " traveled in a long period of time. " or something like that. Come to think of it, Mossdeep City would be the perfect place to have a time machine and it would work like how generation II did, only with differences. Now, since BW takes place ten years, a list of ages;

RGB-Red 10, Green 10, Blue 11, Yellow 10
Yellow-Red 12, Green 12, Blue 13, Yellow 11
GSC-Red 13, Green 13, Blue 14, Yellow 12, Gold 11, Silver 11, Kris 11
RS-Takes place 2-3 months after GSC; Ruby 10, Sapphire 10, Emerald 10
FRLG-Takes place sometime after the Sootopolis Crisis.
Emerald-2 or 3 weeks after FRLG as our heroes were turned to stone.
DP-Some weeks after Emerald and Riley made his cameo at the end of Emerald so it shouldn't be too long.
HGSS-the original RGBY gang don't appear for some reason. Gold, Silver, Kris are 16 I believe.
Platinum- Continuation to the end of DP.
BW- Ten years after DPPt-HGSS.

Your right, they could be in their early twenties

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Kanto trio would be about 29 years of age going on there 30s. Well Red, Blue, and Green will be. Yellow probably 27 or 28. Gold, Silver, and Crystal about 26 years of age. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald would be around 23 or 24 years of age (not really sure about them) and the Sinnoh trio would be about 22 years of age. This is all assuming Black and White takes place 10 years prior to older arcs.

Kameinu

Arooo!
kawaii serebii said 13 years after RGBY, 10 years after GSC. Not FRGL and HGSS. ^_^;

So I made my estimate on that.

I personally don't expect, and don't hope for, RSE remakes THIS Gen, reason I said "one day".

If RSE remakes don't happen this Gen, they will most likely happen in the future. And the more generations that come by, the more time moves forward in the PokeSpe universe and the characters keep aging. This is why I'm highly curious as to how RSE remakes will be handled. By Gen V the RSE kids should be in their late teens, by Gen VI they'll most likely be nearing the age the RGBY kids should be now.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Well, it seems like generation V is trying to distance itself from the past generations (for example, no brock, having BW take place later then gens I/III and II/IV) so I think it would makes sense that the previous dex holders don't appear at all.

But we still have plenty of HGSS and Platinum left so no need to fret!

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Well, it seems like generation V is trying to distance itself from the past generations (for example, no brock, having BW take place later then gens I/III and II/IV) so I think it would makes sense that the previous dex holders don't appear at all.

I'm also not expecting too much interaction from the previous Dex holders (at least not Red's or Gold's age groups, maybe Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald depending on when 3rd Gen remakes might appear), but we could see how much they've grown through a cameo or something. Maybe Black would pass a TV as an interview with Red or Green (League winners and Gym Leaders seem like things to be interviewed for, if you're wondering why those two in particular sprung to mind) comes on or something?

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Maybe Black would pass a TV as an interview with Red or Green (League winners and Gym Leaders seem like things to be interviewed for, if you're wondering why those two in particular sprung to mind) comes on or something?
To be honest anything with tvs would be more fitting to the Hoenn and Sinnoh region, but that could definitely work still. It would be a great way to give a cameo good enough to please the fans but not big enough where it affects the story too much.

I don't remember Kusaka saying where BW takes place in the time line yet. Where does it say that? And he has tweaked it before. Originally, Ruby and Sapphire's childhood incident happened seven years before the RS arc (making them five back then), but it was later changed to five years (making them seven).

At the very least though, I expect the DPPt trio to show up much later in BW, seeing how Looker and Cynthia show up in the games, not to mention that Ghetis somehow got his hands on the Orbs. Hey, we might be seeing the Shadow Trinity in the Platinum or the HGSS arc ^-^.

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
^ au contraire, it was the game that's 10 years after RGBY. I never exactly said PokeSpe. Just assumed that if the timeline applied to PokeSpe then yes, Red/Green/Blue will be 23. Of course the mangakas can shorten it to... 9 years? After all Black wanted to beat the League since 9 years ago

e9310103838

I don't see a viable RS remake anytime soon due to the recent disaster in Japan due to the similarity Groudon and Kyogre share with nature. Second of all, 10 years after the 4th generation? Well, at least that means everyone is still young and kicking; nonetheless, Oak and Rowan would already be in their 60's and 70's. ;__;

However even if the fifth gen does have an RS remake, I expect the time machine to return since in the fifth generation "obtained from specific location" states that all generation III Pokemon ( from the GBA games ) say " traveled in a long period of time. " or something like that. Come to think of it, Mossdeep City would be the perfect place to have a time machine and it would work like how generation II did, only with differences. Now, since BW takes place ten years, a list of ages;

RGB-Red 10, Green 10, Blue 11, Yellow 10
Yellow-Red 12, Green 12, Blue 13, Yellow 11
GSC-Red 13, Green 13, Blue 14, Yellow 12, Gold 11, Silver 11, Kris 11
RS-Takes place 2-3 months after GSC; Ruby 10, Sapphire 10, Emerald 10
FRLG-Takes place sometime after the Sootopolis Crisis.
Emerald-2 or 3 weeks after FRLG as our heroes were turned to stone.
DP-Some weeks after Emerald and Riley made his cameo at the end of Emerald so it shouldn't be too long.
HGSS-the original RGBY gang don't appear for some reason. Gold, Silver, Kris are 16 I believe.
Platinum- Continuation to the end of DP.
BW- Ten years after DPPt-HGSS.

Your right, they could be in their early twenties

I revise oops......

RGB-Red, Green, Blue 11.

Yellow-Red, Green, Blue 13, Yellow 11.

GSC-Gold, Silver, Crys 11, Red, Green, Blue 14, Yellow 12.

RS-Ruby 11 (when start, he just reached 11) , Sapphire 10 (when conclusion, she 11)

FRLF-Red, Green, Blue 16, Yellow 14 , Silver 13, it's later to RS 6 7 months.

Emerald-Red, Green 16, Blue 17, Yellow 14, Gold (and he reach 14 age several days later), Silver, Crys 13 (it's not have mentioned Crys's age is 13 or 14 accurately, but treats as for the time being 13......), Ruby 12 (when start, he just reached 12) , Sapphire, Emerald 11, it's later to FRLF 2 3 months.

DP-Dia, Pearl, Platinum 12.

Pt-Platinum 12, it's later to DP 2 weeks appears.

HGSS-Gold, Silver, Crys 16, therefore we knew it's later to Emerald three years, and if Dia, Pearl, Platinum appears in HGSS, they will not surpass 14.

BW-It's unknown, but I guessed that they are 14 15. ;225;

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Where is this "word of God" placing BW then? Because Cynthia looks no different from 4th gen, and Caitlin only a little older (certainly not ten years older!). Unless 4th gen and 2nd gen don't actually take place at the same time (say, the remakes are an alternate universe or something rather than the "original" time).

Aquarelle

Staff member
Where is this "word of God" placing BW then? Because Cynthia looks no different from 4th gen, and Caitlin only a little older (certainly not ten years older!). Unless 4th gen and 2nd gen don't actually take place at the same time (say, the remakes are an alternate universe or something rather than the "original" time).

This article on Bulbapedia says that the Black and White games take place around a decade after Generation 4. Apparently, "a Team Rocket Grunt and Cynthia reveal that [BW] must occur at least 10 years after the events of Pokémon Platinum."

But I would take all that with a grain of salt, because most of that article is just speculation. (And yeah, Cynthia and Caitlin do not look 10 years older o_O)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
This article on Bulbapedia says that the Black and White games take place around a decade after Generation 4. Apparently, "a Team Rocket Grunt and Cynthia reveal that [BW] must occur at least 10 years after the events of Pokémon Platinum."

But I would take all that with a grain of salt, because most of that article is just speculation. (And yeah, Cynthia and Caitlin do not look 10 years older o_O)

10 years? o_O That's strange...Caitlin does not look a day over 17 in BW...and Cynthia does not look over 30...and she was supposedly in her late 20s in DPPt....

Kameinu

Arooo!
The Elite Four interview mentions Caitlin being about 14 in DPPHGSS. To me she can actually pass for 19 or 24 based on her current design. But that's me.

So it's 13 years after, RGBYFRLGRSE and 10 after GSCHGSSDPP. Or lets just call it 13 after Gen 1/3 and 10 after Gen 2/4. What FRLG in the timeline means to the games, isn't the same as what it means to PokeSpe. FRLG!Red in the games is 10/11, FRLG!Red from PokeSpe is like 16.

Of course the mangakas can shorten it to... 9 years? After all Black wanted to beat the League since 9 years ago

He got inspired by some event I presume? If it's what I think it is, then the type of cameo for Red someone in this thread mentioned is possible.

And wait, we've been given Black and co.'s ages?