• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the pants fit...

Yogurt

There's a difference between being fat and obese. Obesity is when the BMI of a person is at least 30. The safety area of weight is to have a BMI of 17 to 25. The amount of obese people in the US has exceeded thirty percent in the last decade. Overweightness can be attributed to different genetic factors because people may eat a little bit more or exercise a little less than what than what their body can maintain, while the next person's body may be able to handle it. Obesity is caused by eating a lot of unhealty food along with a sedentary lifestyle. It doesn't matter who it is, they will become obese, unless the person has a super fast metabolism.

EEveryone can change their weight, but the diets that people do stop working when the person gets off them, and most people don't have the desire to continue a workout after about a month of doing it. Sure, they can, but do they want to?

It's not about dieting. It's about having a healthier lifestyle, a commitment. People can't expect to stay skinny from a diet. This is why people always complain that diets don't work, and they don't. There is no point in even trying. You should change your entire diet for the rest of your life if you are going to be healthy and the right weight.

Plenty of people want to maintain a workout for over a month. It's all about commitment and if you can't stick to it you obviously don't have enough self-discipline.

VoltTacklingPika

Hey guys, I'd just thought I'd share some knowledge with you on this.

Now, I may not know everything but I am a GCSE P.E. student so I do learn about overweightness and obesity. I learn how it is caused and how it can be prevented.

Firsty, the difference between being overweight and being obese. Being overweight means weighing above the average (usually by quite a while), but it isn't necessarily because you are fat. Muscle weighs three times more than fat. If you're quite tall, you would weigh more than a smaller person because your bone and muscles are bigger, naturally.

Being obese means having at least 30% excessive fat in the body. It is caused by eating without working off the excess. Your body takes in all the nutrients from food but not the junk; which needs to be worked off.

Maintaining the perfect weight comes from having the right balance between diet and exercise. It's all well and good dieting, but it won't do a thing if you don't do some form of exercise. However, it's all well and good exercising, but if you don't eat you will become unhealthy and your body will be unable to work properly in the future.

Even the little exercises work; they all add up.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Fat people suck. I hate them. For a handful of them, there's an excusable genetic or glandular problem. But the cold truth is that most of them continue to reinforce the choices that lead to obesity. They eat, don't exercise, and then have the audacity to complain through their jowely neck fat that they want to lose wait. They seek easy outs, like gimmicky diets when the frightening fact is that only eating less and exercising more will help. And, horror of horrors, they have to do it consistantly.

If you're committed, it's the easiest thing in the world. I used to be a pudgey kid. It's simply mind-boggling how many people are unwilling to take the steps necessary to lose weight.

And then society protects them like doughy-eyed puppies. It's fine for little Billy to run up to a smoker and tell him its bad for his health. Yet for some reason it'd be a major faux-pas to demand that a fattie drop his burger. "Don't draw attention to it, Billy," says his mother as she admonishes the smoker in the corner.

I suppose it makes we thin and average people more attractive through relativity, though, so that's something.

How about we go back to the days when fat people needed to be made fun of so then everyone else will try to be as fit as possible. It may be bad for the fatso but...<_<
Yes, yes, and double yes. There is no reason to tolerate fatness.

Last edited:

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
Fat people suck. I hate them. For a handful of them, there's an excusable genetic or glandular problem. But the cold truth is that most of them continue to reinforce the choices that lead to obesity. They eat, don't exercise, and then have the audacity to complain through their jowely neck fat that they want to lose wait. They seek easy outs, like gimmicky diets when the frightening fact is that only eating less and exercising more will help. And, horror of horrors, they have to do it consistantly.

If you're committed, it's the easiest thing in the world. I used to be a pudgey kid. It's simply mind-boggling how many people are unwilling to take the steps necessary to lose weight.

And then society protects them like doughy-eyed puppies. It's fine for little Billy to run up to a smoker and tell him its bad for his health. Yet for some reason it'd be a major faux-pas to demand that a fattie drop his burger. "Don't draw attention to it, Billy," says his mother as she admonishes the smoker in the corner.

I suppose it makes we thin and average people more attractive through relativity, though, so that's something.

There is no reason to tolerate fatness.
If that's sarcasm, I lol'd. If you're not being sarcastic I wholeheartedly agree.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'

I agree wholeheartedly. I can't say that I hate them because I have a couple of obese friends. But the thought of one breaking my future wii fit board....*shudders*

How about we go back to the days when fat people needed to be made fun of so then everyone else will try to be as fit as possible. It may be bad for the fatso but...<_<
They're just going to stress eat and cry even more.

Last edited:

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Ectomorphs anyone? Oh, and I'll be twenty-three this April.

Yes but these cases would be in the minority. In most cases, when people stop shooting up, they'll start spreading out.

What really scares me is the number of people in mobility vehicles due the their weight. The people I've seen on these today are HUGE, it must be quite difficult to get quite that fat. It would seem to suggest that it isn't just 'goddamn lazy people' who get obese. I wonder what it would be like to tackle one.

Yogurt

Yes but these cases would be in the minority. In most cases, when people stop shooting up, they'll start spreading out.

What really scares me is the number of people in mobility vehicles due the their weight. The people I've seen on these today are HUGE, it must be quite difficult to get quite that fat. It would seem to suggest that it isn't just 'goddamn lazy people' who get obese. I wonder what it would be like to tackle one.

lol take notice that there are 3,500 calories in one pound and then think of how much you would have to eat to be like 500 pounds.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
There are more people fat nowadays because our lifestyle & diet encourage the burning of less fat and the eventual building up of it.
However, that's not what determines being fat. You can be fat because you don't exercise, or you have crap metabolism, or you just have the genetic predisposition of storing fat in an easier way. But in my opinion, it's mainly due to our lifestyle and diet that most people are fat, not because they necessarily want to be fat (can't think of anyone sensible wanting to be fat), but because the lifestyle led by the majority of the modern world requires less actions taken, thus we don't burn calories enough as people in the past used to do (people in the past used to do more vigorous exercise during work, while today most people don't need to actually move to do their job properly). Besides, not only is this extra fat intake taken in our diet not burnt but stored due to reduced exercise/movement, but also because people nowadays eat food with a higher fat percentage. It's not something that they do on will, as there are many people who actually have no idea about the food they it and wht it contains; however, they are forced to because they have to induce themselves into this endlessly shifting society.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Interesting thread.
Any person who looked 8 stone to 20 stone (122 pounds to 280) would not concern me at all. I don't really care about it tbh. Probally cause I live with my aunt and nan who are huge ladies themselves. My nan is needless to say quite ill and needs a lot of medical attention. My aunt used to be slim but she was brain damaged by being hit by a car and has piled it on over the years. So some overweight people seem okay to me. It's always been just range. I find Nothing wrong with being overweight IMO. Guy's bellies can be cute, kinda have a bit of a thing for biggish guys and I speak to someone on MSN who likes big girls too.

On BMI, I know something who has a BMI of 32 and is slim. Some of you made some god points like Yogurt, Slowing [George] and Ciper. It's kinda different for everyone and not everyone has the same body shape. Weight does not really determine personality unless it comes to an obsession or leads to greed, which most bad cases lead to.

I think people need to get a bit more motivation. I don't have a perfect body myself but they're not going to do a bloody thing about it if they don't have the motivation or commitment.

Something like "I love this dress, shame I have no chance wearing. I will wear this dress at my wedding. I will lose weight and it starts now!" something around those lines.

In my opinion, motivation can do much wonders. I've like lost loads of weight and people who've know me since I was a child has noticed it too, and now the majority of my clothes are too loose and I need a belt for all my old jeans. The clothes I've worn when I was nine, fit me too, I was surprised about that. It's kina simple changes and swaps can help too. Swapping fizzy drinks for water, walking when I don't need a car and I've also gained a habit of moving around in the room where no one's watching. My mum thinks I'm weird though; makes her dizzy. I love it though since I get more fun in my wardrobe, cheaper too.

Surprised no one's mentioned things like Bypass surgery, liposuction and tummy tucks ect. A presenter named Fern Britan used a Gastrick band to help her lose weight and it did cause a controversy here. Though my nan thinks she looked better when she was bigger. IMO they seem like last resorts such as Mallisa Jones

Hopefully other people will have motivation as they read this thread. Loves the word motivation.

Last edited:

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
That post was one-hundred percent my honest feelings on the subject.
Oh. Well then in that case, I agree with you, man. The only reason they don't do anything is because society has pounded this whole "beauty comes in all shapes and sizes" crap into our heads. But think. Does it really? I mean, to some extent, yes. Some people look better fat. But they are the minority.
If we got over that people would actually feel like the have to lose weight. And not eat those 4000 calories a day.
Same goes for people who are almost literally skin and bones. And don't give me that bull about how it's "a mental disorder" or some crap like that. It is, sure. But you can get over it.
It's not easy to lose weight when you have to. Or to put it on when you have to. But it certainly is not the hardest thing on earth. It takes commitment and dedication, sure. Will a little bit of hard work kill ya? I admit that it might. I also admit that being obese/anorexic has a higher chance of killing you than hard work does.

DrPhilDemotivate.jpg

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
personally, i don't mind fat people, its more the fat people that are SO ignorant they don't WANT to do anything about it, and would rather just sit there complain that "oh, its all the fast food places" or "oh, I have a glandular problem" (which is okay if they actually do") but in other cases its just a lame excuse.the point is that they are just TOO arrogant to do anything about it.

My view: Fat people (Not all of you, nubz) that would not even consider of going half a day without eating. Not bull about how they got fat, just that why they don't try getting back to sane size.

I'm fat, and I can go a full 24 hours without eating.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Oh. Well then in that case, I agree with you, man. The only reason they don't do anything is because society has pounded this whole "beauty comes in all shapes and sizes" crap into our heads. But think. Does it really? I mean, to some extent, yes. Some people look better fat. But they are the minority.
If we got over that people would actually feel like the have to lose weight. And not eat those 4000 calories a day.
Same goes for people who are almost literally skin and bones. And don't give me that bull about how it's "a mental disorder" or some crap like that. It is, sure. But you can get over it.
It's not easy to lose weight when you have to. Or to put it on when you have to. But it certainly is not the hardest thing on earth. It takes commitment and dedication, sure. Will a little bit of hard work kill ya? I admit that it might. I also admit that being obese/anorexic has a higher chance of killing you than hard work does.

DrPhilDemotivate.jpg

Bwhahahaha! I loved that pic. I hate it when Anorexics and people with a body mass index lower than the standard tier say "I feel fat today". Ugh.

dark rift

I actually think people with a bit of weight on them look better then people like Madonna. Anorexics are just as bad as obese people imo. Plus they usually have a better personality.

NPC

sleep researcher
dark rift said:
I actually think people with a bit of weight on them look better then people like Madonna. Anorexics are just as bad as obese people imo. Plus they usually have a better personality.

Madonna's sinewy and old, not anorexic.

And, I know several people who are very thin and also very fun to be around.

LimeCake

Pikachu Got Hurt!
See, this is why we have Physical Education class.

For you 23 year old WoW addicts, you're hopeless.

dark rift

Madonna's sinewy and old, not anorexic.

And, I know several people who are very thin and also very fun to be around.

I never said she was anorexic. And I never said all very thin people aren't fun to be around. I was just generalising on my experiences.

Yogurt

I never said she was anorexic. And I never said all very thin people aren't fun to be around. I was just generalising on my experiences.

It's pretty low to judge someone on how they look. The person you were around was probably not fun for other reasons not because of their weight.

This thread infuriates me to no end. Can't people just live the way the want without someone else bitching about it?

It sucks that being fat is unhealthy, but I doubt one will make a big impact on the "obesity epidemic" by posting a whine thread on a Pokemon forum.

Fat people suck. I hate them.
Really? What have fat people done to you, besides not living up to your unspoken standards?

For a handful of them, there's an excusable genetic or glandular problem. But the cold truth is that most of them continue to reinforce the choices that lead to obesity. They eat, don't exercise, and then have the audacity to complain through their jowely neck fat that they want to lose wait. They seek easy outs, like gimmicky diets when the frightening fact is that only eating less and exercising more will help. And, horror of horrors, they have to do it consistantly.

This I agree with, and am a victim of to a degree.

So what? How exactly does this affect you? What are you trying to be, some bootleg fitness trainer?

I want some proof that it's accepted for a kid to come up and tell me that. I'd slap the little shit.

And anyway, the smoker still smokes, so why can't a fat person eat? It's not like their lifestyle is hurting you in any way possible. If you don't like the way the fat dude looks, then leave.

I've seen many a female who prefers more substantial people.

And for the record, there's no reason to tolerate you being such a dick either.

Last edited: