• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the pants fit...

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I eat tons of food (read: unhealthy junk) but im still thin as a toothpick, lucky me.
Maybe it's cuz i dont live in america

Same here and I live in America, but that won't last very long, since once we reach our 20s-30s our metabolisms will falter.

So shut up about America, Frenchy.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Fat people should be fined... I'm serious...
Drastic times call for drastic measures...

Hmmm...
I can pretty much eat whatever, and not gain weight.
But I also go for 5 mile walks with my mother; just to be sure that I've burned off all the excess food that I've eaten that day.

THE FOLLOWING RANT DOES NOT GO FOR PEOPLE WITH THYROID ISSUES:

My problem with overweight people; is that many of them do absolutely NOTHING about it, except sit around and continue to eat. It's really not that hard to say no to a slice of pizza, or a slice of Cake. Sure, it may be tempting, and maybe even seriously hard for others to say no. But when it all comes down to it, it's your body, your mind, you make the choice.

Kudos to the overweight people who actually do something about it. :]

I myself am overweight.
Go figure.

However, I don't eat much at all.
Its kinda weird.
The last time I went out for dinner/had fast food was well over 8 months ago (woo jobless parents/self!). During the day I only eat a school lunch (if you call it that), and a small dinner. However, I'm pretty overweight. It might be my extreme laziness, or something else. I dunno. Butyeah.

I say that's the impression we give the world.
"All Americans sit around and eat all day, eating steaks and McDonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and munch on Cheetohs in between."

Personally, I'd like this impression to change.
But with how the world media is, its really hard for that to happen.
America's main image pretty much consists of: Fat slobs, skinny bimbos, and war-addicted politicians. That's what we've got to deal with, and its somewhat annoying.

However, I think there's WAY too much emphasis on becoming/being skinny these days. There've been quite a few studies done that show a lot of skinny people are actually much worse off health wise than people who are slightly overweight. I don't want to be a little toothpick, but I'd like to be able to fit into some of my old jeans again. xD

People don't need to be skinny to be happy. People/the media need(s) a good slap to the face and realize this.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Some people eat to find comfort from depression although I don't see how getting fat will solve depression but none the less they do it for that reason. Besides who cares if some people are fat as long as your the way you want to be leave them the way they want to be. As this one fat kid at my old school told my freind that picked on him "Leave my fat *** alone let me eat my sub and drink my coke and you take your skinny *** to the gym and leave me in peace" Some people are happy being fat they love food the feel the taste the smell and the look of it.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
There are fat people, that's for sure, and it's a problem.
As Babylon pointed out there are also people with tapeworms.

Ladies and Gentlemen, put those hands together.

dark rift

I've noticed something...

As America progresses we get fatter, lazier, and more likely to be craving.

We have already introduced the means of very high technology, and don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a robot that can turn off you light so you don't have to.

It's not just America. (coming from a Brit)

Although probably I'm being a bit stereotypical, in my experience in America people don't have an in-between when it comes to exercise. I.e you have people that don't do much, and you have the people who do stuff 3+ hours a day every day.

I would prefer doing none then waste my life doing it 3+ hours a day, (lol the irony) because you end up getting brainwashed and people who aren't doing it that much think "why are you doing it that much? It's not like everyone who does it that much is going to become a professional, so why do it that much when you could be developing a better social-life and all the rest of it". But whatever it's a free world, blah, blah, blah...

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
America's main image pretty much consists of: Fat slobs, skinny bimbos, and war-addicted politicians. That's what we've got to deal with, and its somewhat annoying.

Yeah, and the middle east's main image consists of terrorists and religious extremists who use strap on TNT in the name of God. But everyone seems to accept that as true (even though neither one of these stereotypes really are). Once we get past stereotypes, then we'll see people for who they really are.

Pokemonwarrior said:
Some people eat to find comfort from depression although I don't see how getting fat will solve depression but none the less they do it for that reason.
Yeah. If I introduced those people to weed, and they smoked weed instead of eating when depressed, they wouldn't be so overweight! YAAAAAY!

Alex-A-La-Mode

I was not born in America, and I moved here when I was 6, but the people here...really enjoy fast food.

My mother is VERY critical about that. Before 9th grade, I had McDonald's at least three times in my life, and Burger King once. O_O Then for some reason, every Friday she buys me whatever I like, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, KFC, it's fun. I get Soda only on holidays or when I go to my Father's. :l Luckily though, it's what keeps me so think. Thank God I'm not obese, I wouldn't like it.

But I do LOVE fat people. Queen Latifah oooooooh oooooooooh foyness! :3 She's thick, confident, and has emotion. Emotion = B-E-A-UTIFUL

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Yeah, and the middle east's main image consists of terrorists and religious extremists who use strap on TNT in the name of God. But everyone seems to accept that as true (even though neither one of these stereotypes really are). Once we get past stereotypes, then we'll see people for who they really are.

Yeah. If I introduced those people to weed, and they smoked weed instead of eating when depressed, they wouldn't be so overweight! YAAAAAY!

LOL your thinking a weed stimulus plan idea to bail out the fat people with depression? Those People will love you.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
LOL your thinking a weed stimulus plan idea to bail out the fat people with depression? Those People will love you.

Oh, yes they will! You set that plant on fire, inhale the smoke and KABOOOM! All your worries are gone! And you won't gain ANY weight. Sure it's kinda unhealthy, but hey! Overeating is much worse!
Now if only I could find a way to get that stuff legalised...

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
It is a shame that people are getting fatter. A guess a problem with that is the removal of P.E. as a mandatory class in school.

I'm actually kinda skinny, and I do a lot of inside stuff, like writing and playing video games. I still get out and do stuff, and I think that's what people need to do. Get up and do something that works them out.

What really gets me is how some people act like those who are overweight are bumbling morons, like some missing link or disgusting species that should have never existed.
Its like...hey. We're people to. We're not some menaces to society. We're just...not as skinny as you are.
o-o

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
What is the great evil of being overweight or obese? It doesn't really harm anybody other than possibly yourself, which should be allowed as long as you're in a competent state of mind.

Fat families...maybe there is some irresponsibility there...

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
There's nothing wrong with being overweight unless we all are. It's extremely dangerous to be obese, so I just think we should be wary of it without going overboard. I blame parents in part for allowing their kids to eat lots of fast foods.

Fat people should be fined... I'm serious...
Drastic times call for drastic measures...

I really want to punch you in the face right now.

I'm overweight. So ****ing what. Unlike what many people think, not all fat people are lazy blobs who over eat and just sit on their *** all day. I'll admit to being a bit lazy, but by no means do I over eat. I also eat as much vegetables and fruit as anyone else, if not more. I really get annoyed when people just stereotype me. I'm not going to be all whiny saying 'Ohmigod, it's so ANNOYING when people call me fat! OMG!'. I don't even really get insulted anymore when people make fun of me for being fat; Rather, I find it rather amusing to see how short sighted that people can be towards people who just look a little different.

I don't have a problem with fat people, I only have a problem with morbidly obese people, ie.people who have trouble getting up and frequently end up stuck, not because of their looks, but because of the damage they are doing to themselves

Alex-A-La-Mode

You know, in a country that is supposed to be free, I don't understand why people don't have the right to be fat?

They force us to take P.E, and I think that's compeltely wrong. It's MY life, not the country which I am currently residing in.

dark rift

I don't have a problem with fat people, I only have a problem with morbidly obese people, ie.people who have trouble getting up and frequently end up stuck, not because of their looks, but because of the damage they are doing to themselves

QFT

There is a teacher in my school who needs a break after taking two steps up the stairs. It's a heart attack waiting to happen.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If the pants don't fit your waist, put them on your head!

Fast foods are responsible for this.