• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the pants fit...

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I think that scales should be implemented into the floors of the entrances to supermarkets. Anybody who weighs over a certain amount is given a permit. This permit means that they have to park in reserved places at the back of car parks. That way they'll have a nice walk and reconsider buying so much food. I of course do not believe this.

About the skinny as hell thing and still eating like you're fatter than I am, I know what that's like from experience.
My little sister is literally half my weight, but she eats MUCH worse than I do. All she eats is buttered noodles, hashbrowns, chicken nuggets/fried chicken, ramen, and potato chips...er...crips, if you're British.
She's freakin' skinny as a toothpick.
She's only 14, but I keep telling her in about 10 years she won't even be able to fit through the front door.

Myself, I eat as ballanced of a diet as I can. I'm 5'8" and 230 pounds. I'm not afraid to share my weight, and I'm a girl. Yeah, I don't really care. I don't really SHOW my weight, but I'm apparently about 40 pounds over. Its kinda strange. I've been walking home from school every day (2 miles. Yay) for the school year, except when we're in the middle of a blizzard. Which, in Cleveland, is somewhat frequent here in the winter. Damn lake-effect snow. Anyways, I play DDR for at least an hour every day, I've cut out snack foods almost completely from my diet, and I'm down to only 1 energy drink a week.

However, I can't seem to lose this damn weight.
Its...really weird. o-O I'm not embarrassed about my weight, completely, but I'd like to lose some...any ideas? xD

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
Dude, fat people are so awesome.

But yeah, I'd rather have more than enough than nothing at all.

And yeah, those people who are very, very obese shouldn't be fed 100 times a day by their mothers who're too embarrassed to have them go out doors. Yeah, that I get.

Normal, whatever fat people. The ones who're not OMIGOSH, YOU'RE HUGE fat should be left alone lol.

And yeah, we eat because the food is too good. If only they made vegetables and fruits like that, we'd have a nation of skinny people!

You know, in a country that is supposed to be free, I don't understand why people don't have the right to be fat?

They force us to take P.E, and I think that's compeltely wrong. It's MY life, not the country which I am currently residing in.

Probably because they want you to be healthier. It's not some great infringement to your rights to make you take P.E. or anything. You still have 23 other hours of the day to practice as unhealthy of a lifestyle as you want.

lemon*

Hot for fire
Probably because they want you to be healthier. It's not some great infringement to your rights to make you take P.E. or anything. You still have 23 other hours of the day to practice as unhealthy of a lifestyle as you want.

exactly P.E. is great and i ain't the tinniest guy, but still i love sports, i also go to gym almost every they, physical activity is needed in order to keep yourself healthy

dark rift

Its...really weird. o-O I'm not embarrassed about my weight, completely, but I'd like to lose some...any ideas? xD

Fidgeting works. Yes I know it sounds ridiculous but it does.
Although I haven't fidgeted purposely, I now find it really hard and uncomfortable to sit still.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
I'll admit to being a bit lazy, but by no means do I over eat. I also eat as much vegetables and fruit as anyone else, if not more.
Ever heard of too much of a good thing?

I eat loads of snacks, then channel it into leg and stomach muscles, myself. It works wonders.

And for the person who complained about PE lessons, youll actually be needing them more that anyone else. Americans and other Westerners (specifically Americans) have adapted to take less nutrients from their food to cope with the excess feeding. However, a foreigner, like a Japanese person, would take as much nutrients as they can from their food. In short, youll get fat a lot quicker unless you burn it off. Do your PE lessons. Or lose the takeaways.

Yogurt

I run just about every day I can but I understand why people are lazy. It's mostly because of technology. The less people have to do in life, the more comfortable they are. That's pretty much all anyone cares about. It's not all because of fast food though. Fast food isn't bad for you at all if eaten in moderation. I don't eat it but I don't see anything wrong with it except it is kinda gross. I think it has a lot more to do with video games and computers.

S31R31

The 90's
I think that scales should be implemented into the floors of the entrances to supermarkets. Anybody who weighs over a certain amount is given a permit. This permit means that they have to park in reserved places at the back of car parks. That way they'll have a nice walk and reconsider buying so much food. I of course do not believe this.

"Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator"

TogeticTheRuler

How about we go back to the days when fat people needed to be made fun of so then everyone else will try to be as fit as possible. It may be bad for the fatso but...<_<

Hm, well, it's not the fault of the nation that people are fat.
It's an individuals' fault that they are fat. (unless, of course, they have some health problems.)

A large ammount of people in my family are overweight, and I was once in danger of being overweight.

But, I'm working on keeping my body in shape. Every saturday and sunday, I go to a gym and do aerobics. Great way to have fun, considering that I hate competitive sports.

Yogurt

About the skinny as hell thing and still eating like you're fatter than I am, I know what that's like from experience.
My little sister is literally half my weight, but she eats MUCH worse than I do. All she eats is buttered noodles, hashbrowns, chicken nuggets/fried chicken, ramen, and potato chips...er...crips, if you're British.
She's freakin' skinny as a toothpick.
She's only 14, but I keep telling her in about 10 years she won't even be able to fit through the front door.

Myself, I eat as ballanced of a diet as I can. I'm 5'8" and 230 pounds. I'm not afraid to share my weight, and I'm a girl. Yeah, I don't really care. I don't really SHOW my weight, but I'm apparently about 40 pounds over. Its kinda strange. I've been walking home from school every day (2 miles. Yay) for the school year, except when we're in the middle of a blizzard. Which, in Cleveland, is somewhat frequent here in the winter. Damn lake-effect snow. Anyways, I play DDR for at least an hour every day, I've cut out snack foods almost completely from my diet, and I'm down to only 1 energy drink a week.

However, I can't seem to lose this damn weight.

Ha I live right by Cleveland too. North Royalton to be exact. I would suggest joining some sports that's what I usually do.

??????

That guy.
Blame it on the Fast Food industry.

Why do we eat so much until the point until our checks explode and stay like tha
Because America and Australia fail.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I feel this deals more with the fact that more and more fast food restaurants are opening daily. More people are going there, especially with the drive troughs that fit casually into their schedules. Junk food is on the rise, becuase with the economy, its easier for people to buy food thats cheaper and quicker, and theres hardly anymore cooking, theres just microwave pasta or pie. it all depends on time and money, and exercise.

My family tries to get as much exercise into thier daily scheldule as possible. If my parents arent home, me and my sister will go out and exercise alone, for we have a trampoline and a tennis court. America needs to stop this.

indigestible_wad

I took a health and fitness class last term, and I know for a fact that the problem is most definitely not people eating too much. The main problem is people not getting enough exercise every day, and to a lesser extent, not eating healthy. Because even if you don't eat healthy, you can still maintain some degree of a healthy body by being active. Look at Brian Phelps. Sure, he's an extreme, but it is probably easier to visualize extemes than middles. He eats like a four person family, but he's in incredible shape. And it's all because he exercizes every day. That is america's problem: we are getting too lazy. Sure, you could nip the problem before it happens by not eating food, but that makes your body stave, and if you don't exercise, you're not fit, and that can still lead to loads of diseases later on in life.

There's this whole diet fad that is going on and will go on forever. None of them work, because each one makes you either change your lifestyle dramatically, or rely on some sort of medication that you have to spend chunks of your savings to get. And when the diet runs dry, guess what, people gain back their weight. It's a simple fact that the slower you lose weight, the longer it will stay off because you don't change your lifestyle severely to lose little bits of weight at a time. The simplest method to do this is exercise about a half an hour a day. But people don't like this. People don't want to exercise every day because it takes work to get up every day and run, or bike, or play on that wii fit gathering dust underneath the tv a month after you buy it. The simple fact is, people are lazy to do anything fitness related. They can make multiple excuses like, I don't have the time, or I don't want to spend money on a gym. Sometimes these excuses are valid, but most of the time people are just making excuses to make excuses.

I run five miles five days a week. In order to get to the fat stored away in my body, I have to do continuous exercise for at least thirty minutes. I've never timed myself, but generally I reach thirty minutes at around two and a half miles. That means that two and a half miles of my run are fueled by fat. Since a mile is about 100 calories, I'm burning 250 calories of fat per run. Since a pound of fat is almost 2000 calories(I forgot the exact amount), I'm only burning a half to three quarters of a pound per week. That's pretty slow, although it would seem a lot slower if I had more fat on my body in the first place. To an obese person, it may as well be easier to just buy the pill. I've been doing this for the past two months, and I'm starting to get a little bored with it. That's why I'm changing up my routine a little. I'm going to start riding my bike up the hill every day. When that gets boring, I'll move onto something else. It's a good idea to switch things up a bit. Your body gets used to a certain workout after about 6-8 times. Bodybuilders know this, it's called plateauing. It also just gets plain boring to do the same thing day after day. This is the problem have with being fit, it's tedious and it's "hard."

People want a quick fix to everything. They want it in politics, they want it in their lives. QUICK FIXES ARE THE BANE OF EVERYTHING. In the long run, a quick fix normally costs you a lot, be it money or your health. People want everything done quickly. THey want their diets to be immediate and stay off indefinitely. When they get off the diet, all that weight just comes straight back. Oops. If people want to diet, they have to stick to that diet forever in order to main the weight or whatever. And if they don't, flop, that weight just bulges right out. Not to mention that in the very long run, people end up with things like cancer, bad colons, and heart disease. This could be easily cured by being active and eating somewhat healthy in the early lifetime. But people want to eat things that taste good and do things that don't seem hard.

These crazy gadgets like remote controlled microwaves and clap on refrigerators are nice, but they do retract from people knoing how to do things. These little things do add up. A long time ago, humans had to hunt for their food. Nowadays, people just have to hunt for the nearest fast food place. If people are too lazy to do something simple, imagine how lazy they are to do something like walk from class to class. Online, anyone?

TogeticTheRuler

It's an individuals' fault that they are fat. (unless, of course, they have some health problems.)

Other factors affect the individual also, if a person lived in a community where there is a lot of fat people, his/her view may be more likely to think being overweight is not as bad a problem as someone else who is afraid of being overweight.

And by fat, I dont mean the chubby people who might look skinny from an angle xD

indigestible_wad

A large ammount of people in my family are overweight, and I was once in danger of being overweight.

But, I'm working on keeping my body in shape. Every saturday and sunday, I go to a gym and do aerobics. Great way to have fun, considering that I hate competitive sports.
I'm actually going to have to disagree with you there. Individual problems become social problems when the amount of the community who have this problem reaches fifteen percent. Since the amount of obese persons in the united states reached more than twenty -five percent back in the nineties, it's been a social problem in the united states for quite some time. The question that social scientists ask themselves is, what is it that's making all these people fat and lazy and why? Is it possibly the media, who give junk food and fast food a good light by using fit, attractive people for advertizing, and advocate us to rot our brains by watching "the most intense night of television EVER"? Is the increase of technology, which while helping us in our daily lives, also subconsciously nudges us to do less in our them? Is it the government, trapping us all in mindless states while they convince us to get security chips implanted in our brains? Who knows?

Yogurt

You guys, it's different for everyone. All kinds of things influence the weight of a person. Diet, Exercise, Metabolism, Genetics, Internet, Tv, Video Games, how much they go out, etc. There isn't one answer to a weight problem. Everyone is different and you can't say that it's their fault for being skinny or fat. Everyone can change their weight but it's easier for some than others.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
"Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator"
Ah, yes. The good old eleventh commandment.
How about we go back to the days when fat people needed to be made fun of so then everyone else will try to be as fit as possible. It may be bad for the fatso but...<_<
It'll be good for everyone in the long run! Hurrah!

indigestible_wad

You guys, it's different for everyone. All kinds of things influence the weight of a person. Diet, Exercise, Metabolism, Genetics, Internet, Tv, Video Games, how much they go out, etc. There isn't one answer to a weight problem. Everyone is different and you can't say that it's their fault for being skinny or fat. Everyone can change their weight but it's easier for some than others.
There's a difference between being fat and obese. Obesity is when the BMI of a person is at least 30. The safety area of weight is to have a BMI of 17 to 25. The amount of obese people in the US has exceeded thirty percent in the last decade. Overweightness can be attributed to different genetic factors because people may eat a little bit more or exercise a little less than what than what their body can maintain, while the next person's body may be able to handle it. Obesity is caused by eating a lot of unhealty food along with a sedentary lifestyle. It doesn't matter who it is, they will become obese, unless the person has a super fast metabolism.

EEveryone can change their weight, but the diets that people do stop working when the person gets off them, and most people don't have the desire to continue a workout after about a month of doing it. Sure, they can, but do they want to?