• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the pants fit...

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
If this thread makes you so angry, then why did you look at it in the first place?

TogeticTheRuler

This thread infuriates me to no end. Can't people just live the way the want without someone else bitching about it?

It sucks that being fat is unhealthy, but I doubt one will make a big impact on the "obesity epidemic" by posting a whine thread on a Pokemon forum.

Really? What have fat people done to you, besides not living up to your unspoken standards?

This I agree with, and am a victim of to a degree.

So what? How exactly does this affect you? What are you trying to be, some bootleg fitness trainer?

I want some proof that it's accepted for a kid to come up and tell me that. I'd slap the little shit.

And anyway, the smoker still smokes, so why can't a fat person eat? It's not like their lifestyle is hurting you in any way possible. If you don't like the way the fat dude looks, then leave.

I've seen many a female who prefers more substantial people.

And for the record, there's no reason to tolerate you being such a dick either.
Uh, the people dont want the smoker to smoke, nor the fat person to eat. Yes their lifestyle is hurting everyone else indirectly. A fat person will have to make everyone he/she sits next to sad, and I'm sorry, I'm not going to leave a building just because a fatso is there. Why dont THEY just get skinnier?

And as for your first sentence. If someone is living a bad way the way they want, and a lot of people do that, then the community will be ruined. If a fat person causes other people to become fat also, then the community will become fat and unhealthy.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Is this what we are; a bunch of overweight slugs eating snacks all day while devices and robots clean up our ass and listen to how good we think it is[, and kiss up to it]?

Discuss[.]

Basically, that's all I see. I of course have been acting pretty sluggish for the past few months since it's winter, but starting Monday I'm going into the exercise regiment again. A lot of people in my family act the way you describe simply because they think it's fun and doesn't require much work. I can't stand it :/

Although it's nice for humans to progress enough to be able to create more and more able machines, I don't believe it will do us any good if it only lowers our lifespan. People can get up and turn on a light switch, they shouldn't be SO troubled that they have to clap.

If things keep going like this, the entire world will probably end up being fat. =/

Lots of people in my family are overweight; they eat whatever they want and don't exercise much. I don't judge people or anything based on that, because that's how I was as a little kid too. I know what it's like to a degree. However, people using it against others is just pathetic. If this country gets bigger, harrassment might just get bigger too :/

TogeticTheRuler

Basically, that's all I see. I of course have been acting pretty sluggish for the past few months since it's winter, but starting Monday I'm going into the exercise regiment again. A lot of people in my family act the way you describe simply because they think it's fun and doesn't require much work. I can't stand it :/

Although it's nice for humans to progress enough to be able to create more and more able machines, I don't believe it will do us any good if it only lowers our lifespan. People can get up and turn on a light switch, they shouldn't be SO troubled that they have to clap.

If things keep going like this, the entire world will probably end up being fat. =/

Lots of people in my family are overweight; they eat whatever they want and don't exercise much. I don't judge people or anything based on that, because that's how I was as a little kid too. I know what it's like to a degree. However, people using it against others is just pathetic. If this country gets bigger, harrassment might just get bigger too :/

Definitely not anytime soon in developing countries.

NPC

sleep researcher
TogeticTheRuler said:
Uh, the people dont want the smoker to smoke, nor the fat person to eat. Yes their lifestyle is hurting everyone else indirectly. A fat person will have to make everyone he/she sits next to sad, and I'm sorry, I'm not going to leave a building just because a fatso is there. Why dont THEY just get skinnier?

Are you seriously saying that? Fat people should be skinnier because you don't like being in the same room as one?

If you wanna see fat, go check out my pictures in the pic thread. I think I'm pretty fat. xD And not with a Ph.

Also, I read something earlier in this thread that got me to thinking.
A lot of people who are heavier happen to have pretty interesting personalities. A lot of the heavier people I know are very funny and great to be around. Just because they're overweight doesn't mean they're a monster or anything.
A lot of skinny kids I know keep talking about how they need to be on a diet, and that's ALL they talk about. You can't have a conversation with someone who's skinny without a discussion about weight and fitness being thrown in, most of the time. However, when you're talking to a heavier person, the talk of weight never comes up. It makes everyone feel better, really.
xD

pkmnhippy

Banned

And as for your first sentence. If someone is living a bad way the way they want, and a lot of people do that, then the community will be ruined. If a fat person causes other people to become fat also, then the community will become fat and unhealthy.

What harm does being fat do? So you don't care if some psychopath sits next to you, but god forbid, if they are fat they are going to make everyone else fat around them and die.

You do realise you can be healthy and fat, Sumo wrestlers exist.

Plus if fat people didn't exist, we wouldn't have fat Ping Pong.

Nidogod

People don't get any more obnoxious than the, "I'm skinny so you have to be too!" people who also think that everyone wants to hear their dieting tips without asking. If you don't like fat people, think of how much fun it is not being one. You aren't an eyesore naked, your electric bill is lower without the excess air conditioning, and you can sit in movie theater seats. Why does it need to be, "Ugh, that guy is FAT, I better remind him," rather than, "lol I can see my weenie whenever I want and you can't."

Yogurt

If you wanna see fat, go check out my pictures in the pic thread. I think I'm pretty fat. xD And not with a Ph.

Also, I read something earlier in this thread that got me to thinking.
A lot of people who are heavier happen to have pretty interesting personalities. A lot of the heavier people I know are very funny and great to be around. Just because they're overweight doesn't mean they're a monster or anything.
A lot of skinny kids I know keep talking about how they need to be on a diet, and that's ALL they talk about. You can't have a conversation with someone who's skinny without a discussion about weight and fitness being thrown in, most of the time. However, when you're talking to a heavier person, the talk of weight never comes up. It makes everyone feel better, really.
xD

This is incredibly untrue. I do know a couple skinny people who are obsessed over weight but the majority of them don't care/don't discuss it. It's a lot more common for an overweight person to be uncomfortable with their weight. They may not discuss it because usually only skinny people say "I feel fat" because if a fat person said it they know they are just bringing attention to their weight problem. A great majority of the people I hang around with are runners and all they talk about is food and eating. I doubt you could get into a good conversation about food with an overweight person if they are sensitive about it. If they aren't sensitive about it now, it might hit them later.

btw

that's kinda gross

Last edited:

Riversong

Buggy down.

Wow, fat people deserved to be *****ed at because they make you feel sad? Sounds pathetic that you can't even tolerate people that don't live up to your standards.

Suck it up. The world isn't perfect, humans aren't perfect, moaning about people while doing nothing yourself makes you just as bad. Unless a fat person comes straight up to me and tells me to eat as much as they do, I'm not going to whine about the 'threat' of becoming fat like they are, when they didn't even do anything except mind their own business!

I do agree that a community of people who were all obese and at risk for serious health problems, would not fair well. But i'd say they brought it on themselves (if it wasn't from a genetic issue) by not having better self-discipline. Don't shove it off by blaming another fat person. Fat people do not cause others to be fat, unless those people allow themselves to.

Last edited:

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~

Oh for heavens sakes will you please stop your eternal **tching. So their fat, big deal. If seeing a fat person makes you sad then their weight is the least of your problems.

(The following goes for anyone else with similar/the same viewpoint as TogeticTheRuler, I'm not just having a go at him here, just my views on the subject. I'm using you as in "y'all" here.)

I mean seriously, who are you anyways to tell them what they can and cannot eat, do and how often? Its really none of your business. Some people (as pointed out earlier in the thread) might have medical problems that affect their weight.

What if someone has a habit of comfort eating for a little while after major traumas. Say their mum died and they've put on more than a few since it happened. I'm sure they're life is hard enough at the moment without some insensitive ho like you coming along and looking down on the or treating them any differently because of it.

And even if they're just fat because they like eating, its still nothing to do with you. You might say that Children in *insert randon bad off LEDC here* would die for X amount of meals a day....and? for all you know they are donating and helping out or whatever.

Why don't all of you who share this view try and make yourselves better before preaching to and *****ing about the fatties out there, hmm? It would be way more productive thats for sure.

/rant.