• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the Pokemon Director gave you one choice

Which Saga would you like redone better?

• Kanto

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • None

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionRed

Of which saga you would like to be redone (Better!) with Ash and the gang, which would it be?

Personally I would say B&W saga. The games had such a great story, and the Best Wishes saga had a ton of potential to be awesome, but it was all thrown in the bin in my honest opinion.

So yeah you can see I didn't like the saga so much~

So what would your choice be?

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Unova. One of the strongest game plots replaced by a mediocre anime plot that they never revealed the conclusion too, the league and rivalries were also ill-conceived.

Navin

MALDREAD
2 options:

1. Rewrite BW. Don't reset Ash. Make it longer. Fix the mistakes. Eliminate Cameron.

2. End DP with Ash winning the Sinnoh League. Keep BW, but have it take place several years later and use a new protagonist. Ash and former companions could be recurring characters. For example, Ash can either be an older teenager/young adult close to challenging the Elite 4.

chalkus

I voted for Best Wishes because Iris was too good of a character to get stuck in a season with a crappy, reset Ash, horrible league, Cameron, a nothing post league arc, and the waste of time that was the Islands arc.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The Unova saga, because too put it simply its only redeeming quality was that Ash caught more than 6 Pokemon

p96822

Evolve me please
If I was given one choice of changing of directing of a season it would be Sinnoh and a little bit of Kanto and Unova.

Sinnoh would have Lucas replacing Brock and Kanto would have more battle in it. Unova I would change the team plasma arc and take it out completely and have team rocket as the main villains

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Imo Unova and Kalos should be done better. In Unova Ash shouldn't have been reset, B1W1 Team Plasma should have appeared with their B1W1 plot, and the rivals should have been handled better.
In Kalos Ash shouldn't be this overpowered and the screentime should be more balanced like in AG so that all the companions get better screentime especially Serena.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Unova. Charizard should not have come back, Ash's team getting more development with at least one fully evolved starter, Iris to be more like the game version without the "Such/what a kid" line, Team Plasma to show up more and Ash landing top instead of top 8 (not losing to Cameron but to Trip instead).

chalkus

In Kalos Ash shouldn't be this overpowered and the screentime should be more balanced like in AG so that all the companions get better screentime especially Serena.

You think Serena doesn't get enough screen time? Really? That's not her problem. If that stupid crush was written out, then maybe there would be more time devoted to developing her as a person instead of her just being a proxy for shipping bait. But then if that happened, most of her avid fans would turn on her, so...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'd have BW re-done with Ash being more competent and Cilan being replaced by a different male GL, like Marlon.~

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, I would say Unova because it was by far the worst, but that would mean returning to the Unova Region, which I dislike beyond just the anime, so probably not. Honestly, I wouldn't want anything rewritten. For better or for worse, everything up until now is an integral part of Pokemon.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'd have replaced Cilan for Chili and given Shooti a more definite personality and better team. Also i'd make Bianca & Burgundy into better, more relevant rivals..

And most importantly, I'd have erased any sign Chespin's existence from the XY anime altogether. It would be a more tolerable series by now.

Janovy

Banned
Unova and Kalos.

In Unova, I'd fix all the mistakes with Ash, introduce Team Plasma earlier, actual conflict with Team Rocket, make Team Rocket more like their older selves but still competent with lovable personalities and Pokemon who actually have personalities. Iris vs Ash would be the eight gym battle of Unova. Of course, Iris would have more dragon types by that point.

In Kalos, I'd completely get rid of Amour, give Clemont a goal after the fifth gym battle with Ash is over, have Serena battle way more, have Bonnie do more things and most importantly, introduce Flare way earlier. Oh, I'd also give Ash an interesting rival, preferably a female.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Unova definitely. By far the worst season IMO. Don't make Ash an incompetent trainer, get rid of Iris completely and replace her with the BW/BW2 female player character, keep Team Rocket as competent villains but give them their old personalities back, don't make Bianca such a klutz, introduce Team Plasma much earlier and make them have a much more important role similar to what DP did with Team Galactic, give Ash some decent rivals (Cameron was the absolute worst), scrap the Decolora Islands saga and make the main saga last longer, and for the love of Arceus DON'T bring Charizard back. I'm sick to death of seeing it. I don't care how popular it is, he's had his screen time. Time to move on.

The previous seasons were okay except the end of DP. I'd change that so that Ash would either lose to Paul or a different trainer altogether instead of Tobias and his Darkrai, who I'd remove from the anime entirely. I prefer legendary Pokemon not being used by trainers. Noland using Articuno was okay as it didn't belong to him.

For XY I'd remove any hints of Amour shipping and give Serena a decent goal. Showcases are extremely boring and, to me, are a really poor replacement for contests which I used to really enjoy and I'd like to see Serena develop more as a character without it. I'd also get rid of Bonnie because she brings nothing to the main cast. I wouldn't have had Ash release Goodra, Jessie would have gotten Noibat along with Pumpkaboo, James would get a Phantump to go with his Inkay (I always prefer characters I like getting the Pokemon I like, I don't like Ash) and they'd be less frequent but actually do something relevant when they did appear. The lack of Team Flare in the main anime is also a letdown. They should have appeared much sooner. It's BW having no Team Plasma all over again.

Lastly, in general, I'd make it so some older characters reappear occasionally. Namely some of my favourites or previous members of the main cast, most notably Dawn and May. I miss them a lot.

TokyoSkye

Interesting how they went a new route in Gen 5 only to go back to the old style with XY. The writers did not even try to defend the chance in style with the BW anime arc. I respect a change in writing since it was needed but they went the wrong way and should of done it a bit different. So seeing Gen 5 done right would be a treat.

Remix2

Best wishes, in it I'll have not reset ash, replace Iris with hilda, make team rocket like there oldself but still competent, have Bianca and Stephan as the only rivals in the series, and ill have bw1 team plasma instead of bw2 plasma and have them appear a lot early in the story.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Unova and Kalos.

In Unova, I'd fix all the mistakes with Ash, introduce Team Plasma earlier, actual conflict with Team Rocket, make Team Rocket more like their older selves but still competent with lovable personalities and Pokemon who actually have personalities. Iris vs Ash would be the eight gym battle of Unova. Of course, Iris would have more dragon types by that point.

In Kalos, I'd completely get rid of Amour, give Clemont a goal after the fifth gym battle with Ash is over, have Serena battle way more, have Bonnie do more things and most importantly, introduce Flare way earlier. Oh, I'd also give Ash an interesting rival, preferably a female.

I agree with getting rid of amour and Serena battling more. I would also get rid of Clemont and just have Bonnie be the 3rd wheel instead.

LizardonX

Banned
You think Serena doesn't get enough screen time? Really? That's not her problem. If that stupid crush was written out, then maybe there would be more time devoted to developing her as a person instead of her just being a proxy for shipping bait. But then if that happened, most of her avid fans would turn on her, so...

Without the ship Serena would be nothing more than a cheap May knockoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.