• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the Pokemon series reaches a 100 years old, what do you think the series will be like?

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Kanto pandering only exists because it sells. Casual fans who grew up with pokemon but havent played anything new are way more likely to get back into it if their favourite gen 1 pokemon gets some love. Just look at Pokemon Go.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Kanto pandering only exists because it sells. Casual fans who grew up with pokemon but havent played anything new are way more likely to get back into it if their favourite gen 1 pokemon gets some love. Just look at Pokemon Go.
True but the problem with a lot of people's arguments for Kanto pandering being a con and not a pro isn't because Kanto pandering sells, it's that some of the generations they choose to set an example strictly for Kanto-pandering, such as Gen 7, is practically pointless as such generations panders to each and every generation before it. Actually come to think of it, there hasn't really been any actual Kanto pandering alone except for Johto which was designed to be the last Pokemon games and the Let's Go games which are remakes. The more I think about it, the more stupid it sounds trying to argue that Kanto pandering alone even exists.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Oh it is a Kanto pandering region. It's also a Johto pandering region. A Hoenn pandering region. A Sinnoh pandering region. A Unova pandering region. And a Kalos pandering region. To ignore the rest of the pandering of other regions is to ignore all the effort put into many many characters, Pokemon, lore and references of those regions and fot that I cannot take anyone seriously if they use Gen 7 as an example of strictly Kanto pandering when it panders greatly to all regions, Alola being a 20th anniversary celebration of all generations before it regardless if people think the pandering is a little more above the rest or not.
You really cannot say the amount of callbacks to Kanto are nearly comparable to callbacks to other regions. It's not pandering to anything not named Kanto. I could easily listen 10+ features that are Kanto pandering. We got Zygarde and the Sycamore assistants as Kalos "pandering" in comparison.

shoz999

You really cannot say the amount of callbacks to Kanto are nearly comparable to callbacks to other regions. It's not pandering to anything not named Kanto. I could easily listen 10+ features that are Kanto pandering. We got Zygarde and the Sycamore assistants as Kalos "pandering" in comparison.
Actually you can compare and it doesn't matter if one is slightly more than the other. To completely focus only on Kanto pandering is to completely ignore all the great "pandering" to other regions and ignoring the irrefutable evidence does not change it. I have come to the conclusion that the argument to say Alola is strictly kanto-pandering, especially as a con, is complete non-sense and should not be taken seriously whatsoever.

shoz999

And still no cameo for Iris.
Iris will always be a memorable rival in most Pokemon fans eyes. I hope she becomes Pokemon Champion in the BW2 story arc like in the games. Speaking of a 100 years, how many years do you guys think will take to finish the BW2 arc lol?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Actually you can compare and it doesn't matter if one is slightly more than the other. To completely focus only on Kanto pandering is to completely ignore all the great "pandering" to other regions and ignoring the irrefutable evidence does not change it. I have come to the conclusion that the argument to say Alola is strictly kanto-pandering, especially as a con, is complete non-sense and should not be taken seriously whatsoever.
That's such a tunnel vision way to look at this. Referencing=/=pandering. The latter is an extreme version of the former. There is no Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos pandering because the amount of callbacks to their plots, characters, locations etc is obsolete compared to Kanto's. Slightly? No, it's a big gap. How does criticizing the strong focus on Kanto isolate the callbacks from the other regions? It doesn't. You're basically shutting down a valid argument because you fill such is ok (which I'm not saying you can't say because I could care less). Your argument boils down to "If every other region gets references, then calling out Kanto for having a relatively higher amount is uncalled for." and there's so much wrong with that that it's hypocritical by your own logic.

shoz999

That's such a tunnel vision way to look at this. Referencing=/=pandering. The latter is an extreme version of the former. There is no Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos pandering because the amount of callbacks to their plots, characters, locations etc is obsolete compared to Kanto's. Slightly? No, it's a big gap. How does criticizing the strong focus on Kanto isolate the callbacks from the other regions? It doesn't. You're basically shutting down a valid argument because you fill such is ok (which I'm not saying you can't say because I could care less). Your argument boils down to "If every other region gets references, then calling out Kanto for having a relatively higher amount is uncalled for." and there's so much wrong with that that it's hypocritical by your own logic.
No offense but 1) your exaggerating how big the Kanto pandering is compared to other pandering. 2) Twisting my words into focusing how strong the Kanto "pandering" is over how people strictly focus on Kanto for the sake of Kanto and belittling how huge the callbacks are does not change the fact that 3) ignoring the heavy callbacks to the past regions is also to ignore facts and ignoring facts does not make them go away.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Iris will always be a memorable rival in most Pokemon fans eyes. I hope she becomes Pokemon Champion in the BW2 story arc like in the games. Speaking of a 100 years, how many years do you guys think will take to finish the BW2 arc lol?

Never...? Why would they ever go back to it?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Or maybe... at this point of time... the AI won't make so many questionable decisions lol during a Pokemon battle. Oh! You know what would be a really fun "hard" mode? If the AI was not only smarter but there Pokemon had access to all of it's Pokemon moves adding more to the unpredictability rather than expecting the usual limited 3-move and 4-move slot.

Or A.I will become super-intelligent and just destroy humanity...and Pokemon will be so addictive they will play it anyway

shoz999

I wonder how many series and story arcs the Pokemon anime and Pokemon Adventures manga will have by then? As of now there are 14 story arcs for the Pokemon Adventures manga and the Pokemon anime has 6 series. From the 14 story arcs you'd get 53 main volumes and 9 mini-volumes. From the 6 series, you'd get 21 seasons in English Dub. I wonder how that'll increase by a 100?