• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If The Scarf Fits, Wear It (566)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This episode did nothing for me....The fat guy at the end just got on my nerves.

I admit i like the bit at the end where they made a reference to 'If a person sneezes, a person who likes them is talking about them'...Quite sweet really. :)

Isis-sama

I remember that a few people were speculating that Aoi's Shinx would evolve due to some toys of Luxio coming out in Japan around this date . . . did that happen, or not?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Kinda a forgettable episode really. Bringing Aoi back wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped, she could have been replaced with any average filler character and it wouldn't change much besides a few of Ash's mannerisms.

If this turns out to be the last time Aoi appears I wouldn't really care to be honest, they need to bring back Holly now. >_>

TicoPokemonMaster

^ if Aoi was not as interesting then Holly would probably meet the same fate. The only returning character that in my opinon faired well is Conway.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ if Aoi was not as interesting then Holly would probably meet the same fate. The only returning character that in my opinon faired well is Conway.

I remember people liking Holly a lot, its just that since its been like 60 episodes since we've seen her, people are just going to forget about her.

Oh well, she made a good pair with Brock and would have been a nice way to get Brock to leave the series.

uber gon

Accept Change
Why would you be afraid if you helped someone else's pokémon evolve? Seriously.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I remember people liking Holly a lot, its just that since its been like 60 episodes since we've seen her, people are just going to forget about her.

Oh well, she made a good pair with Brock and would have been a nice way to get Brock to leave the series.

I wholeheartedly agree. I loved Holly and think she should come back and whisk Brock off his tiny girlish feet.

Anywho. An okay episode.

Did anyone get who the Pokémon behind Jessie was when she was doing the "Sinnoh Sports" thing? It looked a bit like Golduck, but I'm not sure.

Iota

TeddiUrsa

Yeah, I´m sure Ash would love it if Aoi throws a bunc of thunderstones at Pikachu. He couldn´t be mad ;)

Ooookay, here are my thoughts on this episode:

I like Aoi, I really do. I think she is a fun character and one of the few side characters that wake a side in Ash that interest me ( most of the time, the dude is just plain boring), but this episode wasn´t that special or interesting to me besides her appearance.

It was nice to see her again but I think that the writers could do so much more with her. The Lickylicky plot had a few funny scenes ( when Ash and Aoi tried to distract the "reporters") but didn´t make much sense to me at all to be honest. Maybe it makes sense to disguise a Pokémon as a flying beast by using some helium in the mind of a 10 year old girl but..meh...I wasn´t impressed ^^"

They could have made the story more like a bad b-horror movie, but maybe that was just wishful thinking on my side ^^"

Trigger-happy Meowth was cute, you can´t get enough photos of monster saliva on the ground.

And of course...Lickylicky´s trainer was a big plus as well.

Talking about Lickylicky ( Schlurplek is still a better name ^^) , I liked how it took down Team Rocket. I wanna see a Licky in the league later on. I KNOW it would be awesome!

As Cyber said, a kinda forgettable episode but with a few nice scene mixed into it.

I keep my fingers crossed that Aoi will return someday.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Did anyone get who the Pokémon behind Jessie was when she was doing the "Sinnoh Sports" thing? It looked a bit like Golduck, but I'm not sure.

It looked like the same figure the Fisherman imagined it to look like, some weird Seahorse-looking thing.

Also, I think at the beginning on the back of Brock's newspaper they had a picture of the Temple from last week's episodes. I thought that was neat since it was kinda "the latest news"

jwla

I loved the episode. It was good to see Aoi, again. Seeing Lickitung (and Lickilicky) use Rollout was kinda cool. I laughed at LickiLicky's trainer, even though he was really obnoxious. I thought, "Now that is how you speak Japanese with an American accent."

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wonder where the writers are going with this Aoi subplot.

Seems unusual for them to bring back a character with a crush on Ash. We saw this with Anabel in BF, but she never appeared again.

I don't expect anything to come from this obviously, but I wonder how far the writers will take it. Aoi could either never appear again after this ep or she might appear a few more times. Who knows.

Does anyone else find it amusing all the girls who have liked Ash are barely feminine? Aoi could pass for a boy easily...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Does anyone else find it amusing all the girls who have liked Ash are barely feminine? Aoi could pass for a boy easily...

Yes, it looks like a recurring theme for his potential love interests...kinda reminds you of a certain ship from the days of old, doesn't it? This seems to be consistent with other animes, though....DBZ comes to mind.

I do think Aoi could come back though...from what I've heard about this episode (can't watch Jap. eps.), it doesn't seem like it was a closing episode for Aoi. Where she may appear again who knows, but I don't think the writers are done with her yet.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So is the Lickylicki like a shiny?
Wha...?

With Toxicroak, even though it was clear to those of us who referenced official anime art that it wasn't "shiny", I could see where people who were merely looking at game sprites would get such an impression. However, I am beyond perplexed as to where one would perceive Lickilicky to be amongst them discolored types.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Lickilicky was amazing in this episode. Reminded me of Slowking for some reason! XD

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Ok filler episode, but certainly not an episode that I enjoyed watching really. I think the episode tried to perceive it as one that is comical, but it didn't really do a good job on that.

Otherwise, my only favorite part in the episode is the ending and the Japanese reference with the sneezing part. I actually did not know about that before until I saw another anime which featured the same thing. Never thought that this episode would feature that reference.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I loved Lickilicky in the episode and I was glad to see Aoi again, I like her and Ash together!

TeddiUrsa

Otherwise, my only favorite part in the episode is the ending and the Japanese reference with the sneezing part. I actually did not know about that before until I saw another anime which featured the same thing. Never thought that this episode would feature that reference.

Is this saying really that uncommon in the US? In Germany it is quiet similar. When someone has the hiccups someone his thinking about him.
When your nose is itching: someone is thinking about you while kissing someone. etc
The sneezing part is not thaaat different but not really the same.

But when I watched animes when I grew up ( old stuff from the 70ies :p ) I never had a problem in understanding what those scenes meant.

It is not the first time that this happened in Pokémon. In the Hoenn Mawile episode was a scene just like in the lickylicky episode, but I think they cut it out in the dub version.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Because in the games, Pokemon can't evolve while in the Daycare. If you put a Pokemon in the Daycare and it reaches the level it evolves at/learns the move that is required for it to evolve, etc. it doesn't until you take it out of the Daycare and level up. I guess the anime wanted to keep that game rule?