• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the Starter Trio Choice was different

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Have a starter trio that can go both ways.

Example
Grass/Psychic
Fire/Fighting
Water/Dark

Grass -> Water /// Psychic <- Dark
Water -> Fire /// Dark <- Fighting
Fire -> Grass /// Fighting <- Psychic

That way, they really are even.

edit: booyah, rank up!

I think they should use multiple different pokes like in yellow how u were forced to use pikachew while the rival got eevee so using pokes in different stats like

attack stats-defence stats-hp/speed

Serperior is King

I think it would be cool if we still had the Grass/Fire/Water combos incorporated with the Psychic/Fighting/Dark combo, and i think it should have been used for the Unova starters as

Serperior (Grass/Psychic, better use of Calm Mind, could learn Psychic etc)

Emboar would have been kept the same

Sammurott (Water/Dark, where it could have learnt Night Slash as a STAB move)

As these would have created a more even playing field, but whatever

Squirtlediddlyirtle

It's full of women!
i reckon dark psychic and fighting except that the psychic type has an ability to hit but still be not very effective against dark types. Sure it's a crap ability but it works it out

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
a ghost dark psychic trio would be ccol

uhmm

Such trio cannot exist, because it's not a "triangle".
Dark has immunity against Psychic and Psychic inflict neutral damage on Ghost. Also, Dark inflicts SE damage on both Psychic and Ghost.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Everybody tries Psychic/Dark/Fighting, but Dark has an immunity, not a weakness, so no one's going to pick Psychic because your mon could never beat your rival.

In the first fight all you have is Tackle/Scratch/Pound and Growl/Leer, they usually don't learn a damaging move of their own type until 8-12, and for later battles just use a different pokemon or teach it Focus Blast or something

ChrisPBaken

$@&&*!BoyCapnCrunch!
Three Words: I like it.
4 words

Christianity Is a Religion. Also, their are older religions.
Love it when people try to cram religion down other peoples throats.

any way.

Grass, Fire, and Water is the BEST.
1) easy to figure out if you are a new player
2) It represents very common elements in nature
3) Each type has very distinct move sets. Where as a combo such as ice, rock, and ground does not.

Dragon/Dragon/Dragon. Everybody has advantages over and weaknesses to everybody.
Ghost/Ghost/Ghost would work too, but Dragons are much more popular.

Geekachu

FluffyHoundour

I honestly think, if they haven't considered changing the starter's types by now; then they're never going to. Fire/Water/Grass are easiest for new players to understand and are normally a staple of everyone's team in Pokemon games. Fire/Water/Grass have been working since Gen I, and it should stay that way.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I honestly think, if they haven't considered changing the starter's types by now; then they're never going to. Fire/Water/Grass are easiest for new players to understand and are normally a staple of everyone's team in Pokemon games. Fire/Water/Grass have been working since Gen I, and it should stay that way.
Agreed, but it would be interesting if they mixed it up a little more, Like Grass/Fighting, Water/Dark, and Fire/Psychic, as the starter's types. Not the evolution's, mind you, the starters.

kadabra spoon

Silver Emerald...
psychic, dark, fighting is unfair due dark's immunity...
Flying, electric and ground would be a lot better...