• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If the Top 4 match isn't skipped, Ash is probably losing the league

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Ash already lost when he brain fart and forgot to call 'Charizard*..

sdp

Pokemon Master
We aren't getting a finale anytime soon, like Doraemon and Case Closed Pokemon is going to last for many more hundreds of episodes before it finishes.

I find it funny how you always mention Misty isn't going to return and for people to stop hoping and you still hope Ash will get to the finals.. Its pretty obvious the Legendary trainer is the one who is going to beat Ash, no way is he going to defeat him and no way they are going to skip the Top 4 match. This is the first time Ash gets to the semi-finals its a big deal, he has been progressing, they didn't give him Top 8 again in Hoenn just to skip Top4 and go straight to the finals, they did it so they could stretch it out more.

They introduced the elite 4 better this region so Ash could have something to do when he finally beats the league. Expect Ash to reach and lose in the finals in BW and get second place. Then expect Ash to win the league in Gen 6 only to lose to the Elite 4. And the Elite 4 could be stretched anywhere from 2-5 years before he beats them and each one of those tries is another 4 year region before it.

The writers don't expect the people that have been following since Ep1 to still being followed, most of those people stopped at the end of Kanto/Orange or Johto. Each generation likely follows a region or two, only the hardcore fans follow the entire show and they'll continue to follow it. We also don't live in an old era, any kid today can easily enjoy the entire back catalog of Pokemon legally so yeah kids today can know all the adventures Ash has gone through. As kids we all watched the same episodes hundreds of times because there weren't more, if we had hundreds of episodes of a show we liked that we haven't seen we would watch them.

Now I've been following the show since Ep1 as well, and I'll likely be following it for the foreseeable future. Granted I don't follow the show weekly, I'm too ADHD to follow most shows weekly and I'd also get tired of it. I'm usually in my hardcore Pokemon mood 2 to 4 times a year and during those times is when I catch up on all the episodes I've missed.

Last edited:
Its pretty obvious the Legendary trainer is the one who is going to beat Ash, no way is he going to defeat him and no way they are going to skip the Top 4 match. This is the first time Ash gets to the semi-finals its a big deal, he has been progressing, they didn't give him Top 8 again in Hoenn just to skip Top4 and go straight to the finals, they did it so they could stretch it out more.

Yet, they had no problem allowing Dawn, and Jessie to reach Top 2, and Top 4 respectivly on their first GF's? Seems like a slap in the face to Ash if you ask me.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Just wait and see Ash beat the Darkrai trainer and in the finals it will turn out that Ash is going to face Buck (probably with Heatran)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
This makes no sense that Ash will lose if the Top 4 is not skipped. Besides the writers need more battles to show more of Ash's reserves. And as for Johto being too far off, it doesn't matter. Charizard could still make it if the writers want him to appear in that fight. Also I would've used a team full off powerhouses if you ask me-Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross, Swellow, Snorlax and perhaps a water poke'mon where I wanna see Kingler(face it-Hyper Beam would pwn Buizel).

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This thread should be something new? We know he loses to Darkrai.
When people will understand that a 6 vs 6 battle can't be skipped, unlike a double battle?

Shiny pokemon lower

Since Ash came to the finals the last legaue, I hope he will do it now! Why should he bring so many pokemon if they arent going to be used? I hope he beats the Darkrai trainer and then regains some glory!

Alfonso

Derpgull
Ash will never win a main league. Losing makes for drama and allows Ash to pull another "I'm going to the next region, I'll win for sure next time!" as always does.

Profesco

gone gently
CyberCubed touches on an interesting point.

This is now a 10+ year series. The producers of this show cannot realistically expect to retain all their fans over such a long period. Sure, there will be the few dedicated zealots like some of us, who started watching at 6 years old and are still watching at 17, but for the most part this series recycles fans. And whatever else the anime is, it is still a money-making venture, so it must work mainly to appeal to its current fanbase at any given point in its tenure.

To those who have watched from the beginning, we get to see that Ash is slowly working his way into being a better trainer, measured by his placing in each League, but newcomers only see how well he's doing at present. Credit to the anime goes for being able to manage the old and new fans at the same time, but they have to do it by making Ash lose continuously, albeit each time losing nearer his goal.

But gosh... 10 years and he's just halfway there. League tournaments are not infinite, so he can't pull this not-quite-there routine off indefinitely. He could plateau, as with getting the same placement in Johto and Hoenn, but for him to place lower would be a backstep (though it would only insult fans older than that current generation), so it's unlikely that would happen. But how long do they plan to drag this out? Like I said above, this is a money-making business, meaning its intent is to continue pulling in revenue as long as humanly possible. Which will win out - the conclusion of a long-running story's final goal achieved or the juggernaut income builder this decades-old franchise proves to be?

I can just imagine being forty years old and hearing through some incedental grapevine the words, "Hey, Ash won the League!" And then a certain door to the past will feel as though it finally rumbles closed...

I started writing this post with a point in mind, but seem to have lost it. So I suppose the idea is simply that it's much more pleasant to watch whatever the show provides than worry about what or when Ash wins. *shrug*

It's only a matter of time before Ash wins a league. I find it perfectly conceivable that Ash will beat the legendary trainer. Ash is gonna use a true powerhouse team and will destroy whatever LT throws at him. Everyone needs to have faith in the boy from Pallet Town

Alfonso

Derpgull
It's only a matter of time before Ash wins a league. I find it perfectly conceivable that Ash will beat the legendary trainer. Ash is gonna use a true powerhouse team and will destroy whatever LT throws at him. Everyone needs to have faith in the boy from Pallet Town

I had faith in him during the Silver Conference, where I believed he had a solid team of strong Pokemon, some of which had up to three regions of training under their belt. He lost.

I had faith in him during the Hoenn League, hoping that with the new, slightly matured Ash, he had a chance of winning. He lost.

He's going to lose again here, with the same routine of "I'll win next time!" we've seen several times before. Honestly, the new series coming up was a chance for the writers to close the book of Ash Ketchum and start anew. The fact he's in the new series says to me he loses again here.

Alfonso

Derpgull
What about that Entei in the beginning of the Opening? Do you think Satoshi will battle someone with an Entei?

After several years of misleading openings, I will say no.

We never saw Ash crying during Master Quest, neither did we see May crying during Battle Frontier. The only thing you can really trust openings on are captures - anything else, including scenes and battles, very rarely happen.

sdp

Pokemon Master
Yet, they had no problem allowing Dawn, and Jessie to reach Top 2, and Top 4 respectivly on their first GF's? Seems like a slap in the face to Ash if you ask me.

Well the writers saw the two coordinators as one character arc in a way. May first got Top 8 then Top 4 and Dawn got Top 2. That way the girls that started watching with May feel like there has been progressed, they only stay one region after all they can't have them always getting top 8. If Iris is a coordinator, expect her to win her GF.

TheNewGuy

Oh god, I hadn't thought of that.

So if he goes out in the semi-finals...he has hit the same heights as Jessie XFD. Wow.