• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If there is ever a time skip (with a new character or Ash) what do you foresee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

The title says it all.

These are my thoughts:

With Ash: I see them possibly doing a 5 year skip, so, the young teenage demographic is retained, and I can see the first episode starting with a full 6v6 battle in a League (could be any, old or new) and that would really make the start of a season exciting from the very beginning, we'd see Ash use new and old Pokemon, his then current best 6, and I hope they make him win, then I guess this series will be called Champion Quest where Ash battles each of the Elite Four (he will probably win only two) and then decide he has more to learn, and he goes back to Kanto and starts his journey all over again, constantly rotating all his Pokemon, being strategic and knowing which Pokemon his opponents have. It will show his serious development as a trainer and also how his tactics and strategy have improved, the series may then continue like this for 10 years, with Ash rebattling all his old Gyms, possibly with new Leaders, and making him properly winning the League at the end for him to face the Elite Four of each region...and just to not make it predictable, in the middle they should make him lose a semi or quarter final of a League. Also just to appeal to some of the older kids, and to retain their interest in the anime as they get older, they may give Ash a girlfriend, they should, they can't make him oblivious forever...

With a new guy/girl: This one could be a 10-20 year gap, I wont discuss what the new character's aim will be, maybe it could be a reverse role, with a guy Contest Performer and a girl Gym Battler...but I won't really go into that, coz the possibilities are endless. They could do anything...what I will talk about though is Ash. Depending on how long the time skip is, I see Ash possibly either the final Battle Frontier brain or a member of the Elite Four or even a Champion which this new character will meet at one point and battle, and maybe Ash will mentor him/her and travel with him and his friends a while revealing to them and us, the viewers, how he got where he is, and possibly reveal his full team. With respect to his relationship status, he could be married. I'll leave that for the shippers to decide who with, but if he's a Frontier Brain in Kanto, I see it to be Anabel, and maybe they could have two battle facilities beside each other...it may be Serena too though, I can't think of how that would work though..as I said, shippers can discuss this...

So, what do you guys think??

MattySadler

Would Ash obtain any new Pokemon during this jumped over period of time?

phanpycross

God-king
Would Ash obtain any new Pokemon during this jumped over period of time?
I dont see how he could, I doubt a timeskip would start with him at, for example, third gym, so he would prolly just be arriving at the new region, with only pikachu, like usual.

ssquaderi

He should obtain new Pokemon, probably just have flashbacks over the course of the season to let the viewers catch up...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I see Ash and co strolling along a trail, on their way to the next gym.. and the time skip would've only been by about a minute or two because we of course know that no aging will happen in this anime..

MattySadler

I dont see how he could, I doubt a timeskip would start with him at, for example, third gym, so he would prolly just be arriving at the new region, with only pikachu, like usual.

That was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.